Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Predictions on Cotto Vs Margarito II

I believe Cotto will knock him out in the late rounds. Margarito will not be landing left uppercuts like he did anymore plus no plaster(if it was used which I believe was). I don't believe he'll land any because if you notice Cotto's last fights, that right hand is protecting him well, and looks to be training alot harder then before.... Either way let's see what your thoughts are.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Predictions on Cotto Vs Margarito II

I'm going with Cotto in this one, Miguel has come back well from his loss to Margarito in their 1st fight and the loss to Pacquiao. It's remains to be seen however if Margarito can come back from his beatdown in the Mosley fight, and total destruction he recieved from Pacquiao.

Cotto by 8th round TKO. (the ref stops the fight)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto, in the neighborhood of 116-113, or a late (round 10-ish) TKO.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto by ko
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm also going with cotto with late TKO but it could easly go the other way Margarito is one hard guy

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito by TKO. Cotto's chin and stamina will be his downfall again. It's just a terrible match-up for him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If margarito's eye isn't 100% then cotto stops him on damage to the eye. If the eye does hold up then margaritos stops him late on again.

As much as I want cotto to win I just think marg has his number so Margarito TKO 10/11
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Margarito by TKO. Cotto's chin and stamina will be his downfall again. It's just a terrible match-up for him.
    i agree to some extent, in their primes margarito would win every time

i dont think either are in their primes now tho and i think cottos experience will take him to a UD

for all those who think cotto will stop margarito, the only way that will happen is through injury
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its gonna be around the same as the first fight. Margarito by 10th round TKO

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight has so many question marks. On the one hand, it appears Margarito used cement gloves in his last fight against Cotto. He won't be allowed to use ithem this time. The biggest question clearly is what effect will that have on the fight? Recall that Cotto put on a clinic for the first half of the fight until Margarito's punches started to take their toll. If they aren't taking that same toll without the cement, can Cotto make it through the fight and win with his superior boxing skills? Has his new trainer taught Cotto to fight effectively backing up? How will Margarito's eye hold up? Who has more left in him after the beatings they took at the hands of Pacquiao? I thought the Margarito that fought Pacquiao looked good even in defeat. If he's in that same form, he should be a tough fight for Cotto. Yet, I vacillate between Margarito in his good form from last night walking through Cotto and Margarito not being as effective a fighter without cheating. Look at the three fights Margarito has had cement free. Old Shane Mosley knocked him out. 5'6 Pacquiao dominated him from pillar to post. Journeyman he fought a closer than expected fight. It's really a tough one.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-28-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Cotto by decision, although a stoppage due to cuts or swelling wouldn't surprise me.

With all the talk about the gloves, one thing that's been overlooked is the huge tactical mistake Cotto made in the first fight by not using his great left hook to the body. Part of the reason Margarito was able to take Cotto's punches is because they were all head shots.

Margarito was badly hurt to the body by both Mosley and Pacquiao. Cotto has to attack Margarito's body this time and try to break him down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    If margarito's eye isn't 100% then cotto stops him on damage to the eye. If the eye does hold up then margaritos stops him late on again.

As much as I want cotto to win I just think marg has his number so Margarito TKO 10/11
    Tottally agree.

El Kabong Guest

Either the ref of Margarito's corner stops the fight late 9th or 10th round....Cotto will have to weather the storm early though

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto's main problem is Antonio's height and he should jab his way in and hit that body and forget his face for the first five rounds and then surprise Margarito's hands will begin a descent like a disabled submarine in the late rounds giving Cotto some breathing room. The damage Margarito sustained after the discovery of his dishonest tactics will have him bidding the people at ringside good night or listening to his losing scores once again with certainty. If Cotto is in shape and doesn't deviate from a good fight plan his arm will be raised but until then I will honestly say I hope that's how it turns out because things change.
    Last edited by johnsebastianmiran; 11-28-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: mispelled words

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    I like Cotto by decision, although a stoppage due to cuts or swelling wouldn't surprise me.

With all the talk about the gloves, one thing that's been overlooked is the huge tactical mistake Cotto made in the first fight by not using his great left hook to the body. Part of the reason Margarito was able to take Cotto's punches is because they were all head shots.

Margarito was badly hurt to the body by both Mosley and Pacquiao. Cotto has to attack Margarito's body this time and try to break him down.
    Good point, Margarito knows just one way to fight, aggressively and straight ahead. So Cotto needs to keep the fight in the center of the ring, and no backing into the ropes, when Margo gets a fighter backing up and/or on the ropes he's deadly.
    I believe Miguel's power will be the difference in this one, he'll hurt Margarito this time to the head and body. I also don't believe that Margo's punch resistance is what it was prior to the Mosley and Pacquiao beatdowns.

P.S. I hope Cotto beats this cheatin' muther-fucker senseless.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 11-28-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Thread Information