Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hang them up Vic?

Vic Darchinyan's performance against Anselmo Moreno was one of the worst i have seen by a top ranked fighter. Vic narrowly lost to Abner Mares 12 months ago, he pounded Yohnny Perez earlier this year, but once again Vic (i have no plan B) Darchinyan rushed, stumbled, through punches wildly and fought dumb again when faced with an equally awkward opponent.
    He has blown any chance of a rematch with Mares, i doubt he would beat Arce again on that showing. Vic goes from being a champion to chump far to often and it's time for Vic to hang them up. Well done to Moreno who fought smartly and easily accounted for the clumsy Vic.
    Last edited by THE THIRD MAN; 12-04-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hang them up Vic?

Its beginning to look that way. Have to agree, he really looked out of his depth at times and like he had little clue. Moreno has a style to give anyone headaches but Vic lacked zero 2nd gear and imagination. The expression on his face after the 9th spoke volumes as he was getting stung and caught with leads. He should not venture up in weight either. I was suprised in his interview too, he was as straight and matter of fact saying "I could not fight him" as I've ever seen him. No excuses, no rantings and just well, flat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he turns 36 next month which is absolutely ancient for a fighter in the smaller weight divisions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with both comments. Vic looked bewildered during the fight and post fight. Moreno is no big hitter, yet he caught Vic many times who had no answer to Moreno's awkward style. Considering Moreno has had 4 split decision wins in the past 2 years this is his biggest win and most convincing. I gave Vic one round! Vic once again shows us inconsistency, i have no idea where he is at and where he will go from here. He has blown any chance of a rematch with Mares.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    I agree with both comments. Vic looked bewildered during the fight and post fight. Moreno is no big hitter, yet he caught Vic many times who had no answer to Moreno's awkward style. Considering Moreno has had 4 split decision wins in the past 2 years this is his biggest win and most convincing. I gave Vic one round! Vic once again shows us inconsistency, i have no idea where he is at and where he will go from here. He has blown any chance of a rematch with Mares.
    Vic looked really old and done in this fight, he almost fell down a couple times after swinging at air. Time for the brave little warrior to call it a career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Vic looked really old and done in this fight, he almost fell down a couple times after swinging at air. Time for the brave little warrior to call it a career.
    He needs to retire. I haven't looked at the lists but how many guys are 35 or older, fight at 122 or below, and are ranked in the top 10? Maybe I'll look at it some time, but I'd guess it is very few.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    He needs to retire. I haven't looked at the lists but how many guys are 35 or older, fight at 122 or below, and are ranked in the top 10? Maybe I'll look at it some time, but I'd guess it is very few.
    No disrespect to Vic, but he's no longer athletic enough to compete with the top dogs.

Thread Information