Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default And new!? Khan vs Peterson .. afterthoughts

I had it a draw and I feel that Khan kinda got screwed over with the 2 point deduction. But he should of stop once he had 1 point taken off. Plus he HAD been warned

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: And new!? Khan vs Peterson .. afterthoughts

Worst ref I have seen in a long time.

When a ref refuses to call a break, what else is a fighter supposed to do but push?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do have to add that the reason I have it a draw is because of the 2 point deduction.. Other than that I would have Khan winning. I was rooting for peterson but man, i have to admit i feel like khan got screwed over

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was warned incessantly. And I'm sure I missed a lot of the warnings because of my shitty stream.

To be fair though I'll have to download a copy before I know for sure what to think of the ref.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the other thread I was calling for deductions, so think what the ref did was correct. You can't spoil all night and not be docked. People like Hopkins should have accumulated dozens of docked points over the years. I hate dirty fighters.

The fight was relatively even, but Khan refused to fight properly and kept on resorting to spoiling. He deserved what he got.

ICB Guest

This was basically a repeat of the Maidana fight, except Peterson was able to get going earlier. He was the one pressing all night, Khan was mostly holding and running for alot of the 2nd part of the fight. You can't win a fight like that, and Khan was warned so many times it's his own fault.

Lamont Peterson a well deserved winner, and im shocked how aggressive Lamont Peterson was.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    This was basically a repeat of the Maidana fight, except Peterson was able to get going earlier. He was the one pressing all night, Khan was mostly holding and running for alot of the 2nd part of the fight. You can't win a fight like that, and Khan was warned so many times it's his own fault.

Lamont Peterson a well deserved winner, and im shocked how aggressive Lamont Peterson was.
    Me too, but it was great to see him show that versatility. I wasn't expecting him to do it, but that is clearly the way you fight Khan. His handspeed is too much, so get in close and try to grind him down. Khan tires and gets sloppy and Peterson made it his fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the point deductions would have been warranted if the ref gave a stern warning first. But he did warn Khan several times and there were several times that went missed. Khan was pushing quite excessively and hard at that. The knockdown wasn't legitimate either. Khan looks great at the start of his fights and then he goes in spurts. I think his team needs to focus on that and come with some adjustments in their back pocket. There were a few swing rounds. With the disagreement about the deductions its going to seem to some that Khan got jobbed and Peterson wasn't deserving but the fight was very much in the balance. Not counting the knockdown or deductions the fight could have gone either way in my opinion though.
    Last edited by blegit; 12-11-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm shocked at how split down the middle people are about this.. It's 50/50 on whether it was fair or not.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I'm shocked at how split down the middle people are about this.. It's 50/50 on whether it was fair or not.
    I don't see what there is to debate about, Amir Khan clearly kept pushing Lamont Peterson. He was warned plenty of times and finally got a point deduction warranted, he was also pushing Lamont's Peterson's head down constantly, and was also clinching frequently. Again he was warned numerous times and finally got another point deduction warranted again.

Amir Khan was the one looking uncomfortable, running and clinching. Lamont Peterson never took a backward step, hurt and stunned Amir Khan numerous times. And showed he wanted it more and that's basically it nothing else to discuss.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spoiler alert. This thread will ruin the fight for a few people who haven't seen it yet.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No doubt home field played a big role, right or wrong it's the norm.
    Peterson was great tonight, looked sturdy with aggressive relentless attack
    Loved the fight, don't mind the decision. Both guys fought big and showed tremendous heart.

Say what you want about Khan, he was tough as nails and wasn't going to wither.

Much respect to both fighters

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan reminds me of Andre dirrell.
    Both are girls when it comes to bigger punchers, shit happens and so glad khan got beat

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan just isnt as good as he thinks he is , his combo and run style just doesnt cut it with adaptable figers who can box, take a shot , and punch with power.
    His speed is his biggest asset , but that just isnt enough, talk of him fighting Mayweather only make sense if its Roger or Floyd Sr.
    I for one am not a fan of Khan's , to much hype to soon.
    If Khan thinks he got shafted by a home town verdict, then he should watch the Chisora fight from last week.
    Was a fair points result.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a pretty even fight with neither fighter establishing supremacy over the other.

Fighters, British Amir Khan, and Washington DC's Lamont Peterson, negated each other's tactics to preventing a foothold of each other's strategy to dominate and shape the character of the match.

The stick and jab, flurry of combinations employed by Khan almost made the fight his, had Peterson found no antidote. The American though countered with effectivity, the close quarter banging that he was able to impose on the fight. Referee tolerant, this tactic had Khan facing dire difficulty. Absorbing Peterson's phone booth body attack was not an issue he was cool to accept, and his only response was to push off when conditioning would no longer support evasive maneuvers in his arsenal of angles and quick counters.

With a little help in the form of a favorable officiating, given as a home court advantage, Lamont was able to cause Amir to incur a two-point deduction gifts; from pushing off infractions, which was enough to put him on top to an otherwise evenly contested encounter.

It sucks that the referee dashed his flavor in this Peterson win, making it hollow to some on that regard.

However marginal it was, the more dominant fighter really was Khan, disregarding the deductions; a split decision either way was more than acceptable for this closely fought titular fight!
    Last edited by KananKrus; 12-11-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Thread Information