Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: what happned to ESPN friday night fights that was on the UK ESPN channel?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default what happned to ESPN friday night fights that was on the UK ESPN channel?

is it still showing in the states? i enjoy watching it and apart from scottish football its the only thing i watch on ESPN.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what happned to ESPN friday night fights that was on the UK ESPN channel?

Quote Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
    is it still showing in the states? i enjoy watching it and apart from scottish football its the only thing i watch on ESPN.
    The new season starts here tomorrow stateside. So if I'm not mistaken you get the fights there sometime in the middle of next week.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: what happned to ESPN friday night fights that was on the UK ESPN channel?

haha! what a coincidence eh! cant wait. we usually get it almost live but its on early saturday morning due to time difference. any idea whos on the card?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just checked the sky listings and its 1.30 am on sunday. thanks for the heads up. series linked it

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just checked the sky listings and its 1.30 am on sunday. thanks for the heads up. series linked it
    Dyah Davis vs. Alfonso Lopez is the headline fight.

Not sure which of the other cards they're going to show, probably either
    Steve Martinez vs. Denis Doughlin
    or
    Dannie Williams vs. Fernando Trejo
    or maybe both.

I'm at work I can't check my tv.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah it only mentions the main event in the synopsis here. cheers. btw do espn show any other boxing shows in the states or is it just friday nights?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah it only mentions the main event in the synopsis here. cheers. btw do espn show any other boxing shows in the states or is it just friday nights?
    Now it's just FNF, and maybe a little snippet on their news shows. They used to have Wednesday Night Fights, and I think a long time ago Monday Night Fights as well. I loved WNF, but the viewership just wasn't there. On a super rare occasion they will have a special event on a Saturday, but that's only once every few years or so. In the states there are a bunch of ESPN channels, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPNU (college sports), ESPN Classic (Replays of big events from the past) and ESPN3 (Web based streams of tons of sports available in the US only). ESPN Classic plays a lot of Tyson's fights and other big name guys like RJJ from back in the day.
    Last edited by killersheep; 01-05-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Now it's just FNF, and maybe a little snippet on their news shows. They used to have Wednesday Night Fights, and I think a long time ago Monday Night Fights as well. I loved WNF, but the viewership just wasn't there. On a super rare occasion they will have a special event on a Saturday, but that's only once every few years or so. In the states there are a bunch of ESPN channels, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes, ESPNU (college sports), ESPN Classic (Replays of big events from the past) and ESPN3 (Web based streams of tons of sports available in the US only). ESPN Classic plays a lot of Tyson's fights and other big name guys like RJJ from back in the day.
    yeah we get classic aswell, watch that when i need a bit of ali or that. they got espn america too that shows all the baseball and that. think its just for all the americans living here as no one else watches that stuff

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ESPN Classic is good to watch the first time I saw them including Ali v Liston, Fraizer and Foreman but seen all of them and they just keep repeating them over and over. I have not seen any repeat of Roy Jones, now that would be classic.

BTW the boxing is on ESPN America.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    ESPN Classic is good to watch the first time I saw them including Ali v Liston, Fraizer and Foreman but seen all of them and they just keep repeating them over and over. I have not seen any repeat of Roy Jones, now that would be classic.

yep mate you are right , its on ESPN America tonight although im not sure if its going to be on that channel all the time??.

As long as they show the fights im happy
    Hidden Content

collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post

yep mate you are right , its on ESPN America tonight although im not sure if its going to be on that channel all the time??.

Still prefer the HD
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fightscorecollector View Post

Still prefer the HD
    Master you are a

Thread Information