Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton March 17th, everyones thoughts??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kell Brook vs Matthew Hatton March 17th, everyones thoughts??

Im very disappointed. Brooks step up is overdue as far as im concerened, I mean they have no business being in the same ring together unless Hatton is going to carry Brook's spit bucket.

I recently got a hold of Brook's career set which isn't long btw lol but I got to really dissect his style and this young gun is very mature as a fighter than his age suggests.. I'm impressed by his poise and his patience inside the ring.. He obviously has some questionable tendencies with accuracy and whether or not he can fight in more than one gear is unknown at this time but he really is talented overall.. His jabs are top fucking notch for one.. There aren't even many elite fighters with jabs that are educated as his.. It's his jab that sets everything up and dudes are going to have a hell of a time neutralizing it..

This guy knows how to fight relaxed and it's time for him to fight somebody that'll bring him out of his comfort zone.

Matthew Hatton?? cod dammit what a waste of time.. smh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Im very disappointed. Brooks step up is overdue as far as im concerened, I mean they have no business being in the same ring together unless Hatton is going to carry Brook's spit bucket.

I recently got a hold of Brook's career set which isn't long btw lol but I got to really dissect his style and this young gun is very mature as a fighter than his age suggests.. I'm impressed by his poise and his patience inside the ring.. He obviously has some questionable tendencies with accuracy and whether or not he can fight in more than one gear is unknown at this time but he really is talented overall.. His jabs are top fucking notch for one.. There aren't even many elite fighters with jabs that are educated as his.. It's his jab that sets everything up and dudes are going to have a hell of a time neutralizing it..

This guy knows how to fight relaxed and it's time for him to fight somebody that'll bring him out of his comfort zone.

I agree. Total waste of time for Brook. The best Hatton will do is last to the end of the fight, then everyone will be saying well done to him just for surviving. That is not a great fight. It is a one sided sparring session.
    Brook should at least be fighting someone in the top ten even if there not very well known. I would like to see him fight either Ortiz, Berto, Mosley or Jones. He has to fight one of them soon or he will be winning fights and going down the rankings. He is making me think of Murray, Cleverly and Jennings with the people he is fighting now. I think he is a better fighter than all three I just mentioned but needs to show it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post

I agree. Total waste of time for Brook. The best Hatton will do is last to the end of the fight, then everyone will be saying well done to him just for surviving. That is not a great fight. It is a one sided sparring session.
    Brook should at least be fighting someone in the top ten even if there not very well known. I would like to see him fight either Ortiz, Berto, Mosley or Jones. He has to fight one of them soon or he will be winning fights and going down the rankings. He is making me think of Murray, Cleverly and Jennings with the people he is fighting now. I think he is a better fighter than all three I just mentioned but needs to show it.
    Brook-Jones is exactly the fight that should have been made instead of this crap. That's a perfect fight.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post

Brook-Jones is exactly the fight that should have been made instead of this crap. That's a perfect fight.
    Yes this is the fight I want to see, Brook V Jones but I think Brook will be way to much for him,
    it would be a good fight for as long as it last's Brook, winnig inabout 6 round's.?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its not really a waisted fight, its big in britain

there arent many boxers who are house hold names in britain and matthew hatton is as well known a boxer as they come, brook is better than hatton but not as well known

it will raise brooks profile to the none boxing fan on these shores, especially if its well promoted, we will get a lot of people watching who wouldnt normally tune in

it will also raise his profile in america, everyone in america knows who matthew hatton is and how well he fought against alverez, if brook can do a number on him his next fight will definately be either for a world title or as near as it comes

having said that CUMMON HATTON!
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

there arent many boxers who are house hold names in britain and matthew hatton is as well known a boxer as they come, brook is better than hatton but not as well known

it will raise brooks profile to the none boxing fan on these shores, especially if its well promoted, we will get a lot of people watching who wouldnt normally tune in

it will also raise his profile in america, everyone in america knows who matthew hatton is and how well he fought against alverez, if brook can do a number on him his next fight will definately be either for a world title or as near as it comes

Matthew Hatton is not a big name in America. This fight does zero for Brook's profile in the states. What he needs for that is to be on the televised undercard of a big fight.
    Last edited by shza; 01-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From a business perspective in Britain, I get it. It's important to develop a fan base there. From a fan's perspective, it's a sorry fight. He's ready for the jump. You know what fight would make more sense and still very winnable? Lure Breides Prescott up to 147 for a fight. Draws the comparison with Khan and builds a fight with him for the future.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

From a business perspective in Britain, I get it. It's important to develop a fan base there. From a fan's perspective, it's a sorry fight. He's ready for the jump. You know what fight would make more sense and still very winnable? Lure Breides Prescott up to 147 for a fight. Draws the comparison with Khan and builds a fight with him for the future.
    perhaps most avid boxing fans would have like to have seen a bigger fight yes

the general part time fan is probably quite confortable with it tho, especially in britain

i know boxing and yes i would like kel to step up, i think he is more than capable of beating the best

on the other hand i love a big all british scrap, and this is a reasonable size, so im glad the two of them are fighting, it will be a big night for me
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why everyone is hating on this fight. It's Britains number 1 vs number 2 and Hatton is a very durable guy. I'm looking forward to it. I'm a big fan of Kell, but Hatton's odd facial features, and Sloth of the Goonies style appearance will have me rooting for him to spring the upset.

Imo he totally won the fight against Canelo, not on a rbr basis but by mugging him off and making him look a tool for not being able to hurt this ridiculous looking pale man from Manchester, England.

I am intrigued if he can put up such good resistance against Kell Brook and make him look a total numpty too.

For me Matthew Hatton is the most ridiculous looking man in boxing. He is the equivalent of a fighter dressed as a bananna or carrot and climbing over the ropes to fight. The fact he is good enough to hang with supposedly world class fighters whilst looking like that is thus very amusing to me.

I wish him well and hope he can frustrate the hell out of Brook for my entertainment.

Thread Information