Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao Vs Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If all these fights are true then Khan will be in limbo land.
    Someone on this or another thread threw up the idea of Kahn/Rios at 140, which I think would be a great fight. Less consequential but more exciting than a Bradley fight and at least even with a Peterson rematch. (I do think it's BS that Peterson isn't giving Kahn a rematch, as much as I detested Kahn's post-fight conduct.)
    Khan deserves a rematch but I don't feel sorry for Khan given that he wouldn't give Prescott a rematch. Peterson is angling for bigger fish to fry just like Khan did.
    Rantcatrat come on man I thought you knew better than to employ a clearly biased logic like that. Khan came into the Peterson fight with 2 belts, Peterson was only his mandatory for the IBF belt not the WBA. Still Khan put both belts on the line as the champion, in Peterson's country, in Peterson's home town. Whan Khan fought Prescott it was for the pretty meaningless WBO intercontinental lightweight title which again Khan had. Why has nobody ever mentioned the fact that Prescott has lost 4 times against Vazquez, Mitchell,Mckloskey and Alvarado and after beating Khan won nothing. Khan after his loss to Prescott came back and won the WBA lightweight title, defended it then won the WBA light welter weight title which he then defended 5 times before losing to Peterson.

You cannot compare Khan not wanting to fight Prescott who had won nothing with Peterson avoiding the guy who gave him a big break in offering an extra belt and conceding home advantage. Why is nobody getting on the backs of Vazquez, Mitchell, Mckloskey and Alvarado for not giving Prescott a rematch? because he brings nothing to the table. Khan is clearly a bigger draw and at 3 in the light welterweight class rankings deserves a rematch or a fight against Bradley but both are dodging him.

When Khan fought Fagan for the WBA lightweight title he was not avoiding Prescott he was not avoiding him when he defended against Barrera he was winning in his weightclass.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll personally be rooting for Bradley and Peterson. Gotta go with the underdogs, want to see the unexpected happen. Should be some really good fights
    "The day I clipped the Butterfly's wings."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley is just too Wild. I dont see him being about to win a round against Pacquiao. He could probably end up going down Ricky Hatton style.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Bradley is just too Wild. I dont see him being about to win a round against Pacquiao. He could probably end up going down Ricky Hatton style.
    ?? This is more or less the exact opposite of my impression of Bradley. I'd say he's workmanlike, technically sound but just not very dynamic. Where are you getting "wild" from? Pacquiao is wilder than Bradley.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

?? This is more or less the exact opposite of my impression of Bradley. I'd say he's workmanlike, technically sound but just not very dynamic. Where are you getting "wild" from? Pacquiao is wilder than Bradley.
    Just the way he throws his punches he opens himself up a lot. I wouldnt say he is good technically.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just the way he throws his punches he opens himself up a lot. I wouldnt say he is good technically.
    Bradley is the epitome of a boxer-puncher. He does not wait for you to come to him, but he does not exactly smother his own style. He IS Evander Holyfield at 5'7"...

This is absolutely the best fight Pacquiao could be faced with outside of Mayweather. But deep down, I think this is a harder fight than Mayweather. Bradley is actually bigger than pacquiao @ ~154fight night, has a GRANITE chin, and he fights to win rounds.

I know some people including me hate his noggin getting in the way of everything, but I think he has made considerable changes to try and avoid that moniker.

This fight gets my two thumbs up... But sadly,I just don't think it is marketable. Bradley's career is going to go down the tube if he doesn't land a good fight soon. He's really a remarkable matchup for anyone.

I also would like to note that Peterson NEVER had a come forward style before the Khan fight. Somebody had mentioned this and I was just recollecting the stinker he and Ortiz put up for a draw, where Peterson was almost content to be an opponent that night until he turned up the gas in teh later rounds to get some points back... I think he brought the house to Khan. Great fight, but I don't expect him to come out with the same fire lit under him.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny v Bradley is a joke fight and no one should buy it. Manny should fight a legitimate welterweight. Peterson v JMM is difficult to pick but hope JMM wins, why JMM has to fight anyone else to get a rematch is a joke too.

After Mayweather and Marquez, Bradley is the most threatening fight out there for Pac. He has beat everyone in front of him and they have not exactly been easy opponents. I see Bradley giving Pac problems and possibly winning the fight. I dont think Pac is as good as he was a couple of years back so I might put my money on Bradley for this one.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just dont rate Bradley , and i never have ,he is a solid pro at best.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Someone on this or another thread threw up the idea of Kahn/Rios at 140, which I think would be a great fight. Less consequential but more exciting than a Bradley fight and at least even with a Peterson rematch. (I do think it's BS that Peterson isn't giving Kahn a rematch, as much as I detested Kahn's post-fight conduct.)
    Khan deserves a rematch but I don't feel sorry for Khan given that he wouldn't give Prescott a rematch. Peterson is angling for bigger fish to fry just like Khan did.

When Khan fought Fagan for the WBA lightweight title he was not avoiding Prescott he was not avoiding him when he defended against Barrera he was winning in his weightclass.
    Huh? After Khan got knocked out by Prescot his first fight back was Fagan but it wasnt for the WBA title. Neither was his fight vs Barrera. Somehow those fights earnt him a shot at the WBA light welterweight title, but he never looked great until he beat Judah. That was his most impressive win but in his next fight he lost to a guy who Tim beat pretty easily. Khan has to wok his way up now and get back in line.

Bradley has managed to keep his zero and if Pac fights and beats him it will be the Pacmans best win in years. Marquez - Peterson is another great fight. I pick Peterson on points but its a pick em.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is very little chance Bradley beats Manny, just cannot see it. Bradley will be the next Clottey, collect his pay cheque and disappear for a long time. Once they see the pay cheque they think they should earn that every fight.

Khan is Bradley’s and Peterson’s back up, the tossers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I just dont rate Bradley , and i never have ,he is a solid pro at best.
    And Khan? Below-solid pro at best?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I concur with Shza on this one. Like Ward, Bradley lacks power and it affects his popularity. Another similarity is that both fighters have been accused of employing headbutts as a strategy.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I concur with Shza on this one. Like Ward, Bradley lacks power and it affects his popularity. Another similarity is that both fighters have been accused of employing headbutts as a strategy.
    and Holyfield.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Besides Floyd, this is the best fight for Pacman. Not betting on the fight but routing for Bradley.

Thread Information