Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao to fight Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Bradley will nullify Pac, and murder each of the brows with attacks. Then all the punching too.

It's not such a bad fight. Bradley can beat Manny.

I agree he can.. but given that Manny is with Top Rank and Tim Bradley signed with Top Rank basically to fight Manny. I can count on him having an "off night" against Pacquiao.

We seen how Zahir Raheem was blackballed by top rank after beating Morales which ruined hype for a third Pacquiao fight but we'll see.

bradley seems to have flipped flop in opinion and personality since signing with Top Rank and saying all the "top rank stuff" since, so I don't know. If he shows up and truly tries to win it will be a good fight. But I don't like his flip flopping since signing Top Rank. before he signed with Top rank he said he wanted steroid testing in boxing, afterwards he doesn't support it. Before he signed with Top Rank he was a huge fan of Mayweather, since signing with Top Rank he "doesn't like" Mayweather.

Something tells me he was ALWAYS going to be Pacquiao's next fight ever since he signed with Top Rank. Idk but something tells me he isn't his own man anymore

Last edited by Majesty; 02-02-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao Vs Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I just dont rate Bradley , and i never have ,he is a solid pro at best.
    And Khan? Below-solid pro at best?

Im not sure what you are getting at , are you saying you have big ears ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then if Pacquiao beats Bradley it will be said that he cherry picked a smaller man that had no chance in winning. When it looks like quite a few people say Bradley can win this fight. That's boxing fans for you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Then if Pacquiao beats Bradley it will be said that he cherry picked a smaller man that had no chance in winning. When it looks like quite a few people say Bradley can win this fight. That's boxing fans for you.
    So everyone should just say that Manny wins? Wouldn't that be boxing fans too?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should have made myself clear. You have people saying that Bradley has a good chance of beating Pac. But if it becomes a clear one sided victory for Pac it will be said that he cherry picked Bradley and excuses will come out. I saw it with Hatton, Cotto, MAB, etc.

Of course the same also applies to Floyd and his opponents.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I should have made myself clear. You have people saying that Bradley has a good chance of beating Pac. But if it becomes a clear one sided victory for Pac it will be said that he cherry picked Bradley and excuses will come out. I saw it with Hatton, Cotto, MAB, etc.

Of course the same also applies to Floyd and his opponents.
    Boxing is largely guesswork and hope. There is no doubt that Manny would be favourite, but many would be hoping for a Bradley win and wouldn't hedge their words with subtleties. 'Manny will definitely win, but I cling to the small chance of a Bradley surprise'....it would be a dull and empty world if everyone was speaking like that.

One day they will lose and in fact in the eyes of many Manny did indeed just lose. Floyd would lose too if he actually fought more than once every two years and against young hungry fighters.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I swear Bradley has got to be the most underrated fighter i have ever seen he gives Pac problems. He reminds me of Holyfeild in a way and master weren't you a fan of him at some point.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FYI, This fight isn't a done deal yet, and no date for it has been set.

I wouldn't mind seeing it though..

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    I swear Bradley has got to be the most underrated fighter i have ever seen he gives Pac problems. He reminds me of Holyfeild in a way and master weren't you a fan of him at some point.
    Yes I have been a fan of Bradley but think he should have fought Khan when the opportunity arose. I just do not believe he should fight Manny until he is universally recognised as the best at light welter. I could understand the contractual issues but after they had concluded he ducked Khan, which made me feel he is undeserving to fight Manny.

Peterson is doing the exact same thing, hope Khan tells him to go away after Peterson loses to JMM. He has no dignity.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look master Bradley would of fought Khan but he lost to Peterson so whats the point. You think Bradley should turn down a chance to have a mega fight to face Khan who just lost. As for Peterson not having dignity I think Khan with all the bs he pulled trying to get the fight reversed is far worse. You think Khan would give Peterson a rematch if he got the nod shit ask Madiana or Perscott if they got a rematch. I see nothing wrong with Bradley getting the big fight and as far as being top dog at 140 it is Bradley.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Look master Bradley would of fought Khan but he lost to Peterson so whats the point. You think Bradley should turn down a chance to have a mega fight to face Khan who just lost. As for Peterson not having dignity I think Khan with all the bs he pulled trying to get the fight reversed is far worse. You think Khan would give Peterson a rematch if he got the nod shit ask Madiana or Perscott if they got a rematch. I see nothing wrong with Bradley getting the big fight and as far as being top dog at 140 it is Bradley.
    I know the opportunity is gone now but there was a window of opportunity for the fight when Bradley fought Casamajor and Khan had to fight Peterson.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Bradley will nullify Pac, and murder each of the brows with attacks. Then all the punching too.

It's not such a bad fight. Bradley can beat Manny.

I agree he can.. but given that Manny is with Top Rank and Tim Bradley signed with Top Rank basically to fight Manny. I can count on him having an "off night" against Pacquiao.

We seen how Zahir Raheem was blackballed by top rank after beating Morales which ruined hype for a third Pacquiao fight but we'll see.

bradley seems to have flipped flop in opinion and personality since signing with Top Rank and saying all the "top rank stuff" since, so I don't know. If he shows up and truly tries to win it will be a good fight. But I don't like his flip flopping since signing Top Rank. before he signed with Top rank he said he wanted steroid testing in boxing, afterwards he doesn't support it. Before he signed with Top Rank he was a huge fan of Mayweather, since signing with Top Rank he "doesn't like" Mayweather.

Something tells me he was ALWAYS going to be Pacquiao's next fight ever since he signed with Top Rank. Idk but something tells me he isn't his own man anymore

That's a helluva conspiracy theory you're suggesting. If I follow your train of thought, you are implying that Bradley would throw the Pacquiao fight in order to maintain good relations with Top Rank?

That's a little far-fetched, my man. First, I guarantee there will be a rematch clause. So, even if Bradley won, Pacquiao would get a second crack at him. Second, if Bradley defeats Pacquiao, he gets a fight with the JMM/Peterson winner, which if JMM, would be another ppv and more money, and eventually he may get a fight with Mayweather if he beat JMM. If he loses against Pacquiao, he faces Khan? A guy who he didn't want to face before? Maybe Rios? I don't see it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Credible or not, Manny has got grief in the past for not fighting prime fighters and for not fighting black american fighters. Bradley is in his prime, he's black, he's undefeated, and he's p4p ranked. I don't really know what there is not to like.

It might have been mentioned here before, but Pacquiao faced a similar type of style challenge when he fought Agapito Sanchez in 2001. Similar to Bradley, Sanchez had a reputation as a dirty fighter who was alleged to use his head and low blows to win. In their fight he hit Pacquiao with two "accidental" headbutts" and 2 low blows. Pacquiao only managed to get a draw with Sanchez before the fight was stopped.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao gets a stoppage here I think.
    Bradley will try to get inside and Pac will catch him.

Something tells me Bradleys gonna try and make this an ugly fight and try to rough Pac up and not give him any space.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I don't give Bradley much hope. I think his style will suit Manny actually and make him look good. Not a bad opponent though. Could have done worse.

Thread Information