Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao Vs Bradley

Styles make fights and Bradley is no JMM but for a guy who is in some eyes coming off a loss I'm shocked at the dismissal of Bradley going into this. Will he fall into a bunker mentality like a Mosley or Cotto, hell f'n no he won't. Marquez found manny repeatedly with hooks to the body and rights, frankly I think he waited far to much though countering very well. I favor Manny but to think Bradley gets blown out is silly talk. He brings an intesity and busier pace than Manny has faced in a very long time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Styles make fights and Bradley is no JMM but for a guy who is in some eyes coming off a loss I'm shocked at the dismissal of Bradley going into this. Will he fall into a bunker mentality like a Mosley or Cotto, hell f'n no he won't. Marquez found manny repeatedly with hooks to the body and rights, frankly I think he waited far to much though countering very well. I favor Manny but to think Bradley gets blown out is silly talk. He brings an intesity and busier pace than Manny has faced in a very long time.
    Agree 100% with this post.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If all these fights are true then Khan will be in limbo land.
    Someone on this or another thread threw up the idea of Kahn/Rios at 140, which I think would be a great fight. Less consequential but more exciting than a Bradley fight and at least even with a Peterson rematch. (I do think it's BS that Peterson isn't giving Kahn a rematch, as much as I detested Kahn's post-fight conduct.)
    Khan deserves a rematch but I don't feel sorry for Khan given that he wouldn't give Prescott a rematch. Peterson is angling for bigger fish to fry just like Khan did.
    WELL SAID!! with Maidana too! it sucks, don't it Khan Ha ha. KARMA!!!
    You guys are crazy, Prescott keeps losing so why would Khan fight him, Maidana needs to earn it and is happy where he is, Peterson should remember he was given a opportunity which now wants to run away and hide behind Arum and Top Rank. Khan should tell them all to screw themselves and continue what he wants to do, as they will come crawling back after they lose their fights and beg Khan for rematches.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking forward to Pacquiao - Bradley, I imagine it will be for Pac's WBO welterweight strap, but both pugs will likely weigh less than 147 @ the weigh-in. Pac will probably score a KD or 2, and win a clear cut UD. I don't however see Bradley getting knocked out because he'll have his track shoes on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I worry about PAC getting cut or not getting off his shots because Bradley's too close and smothers PAC with his own shots on the inside. This fight worries me a bit.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Disagree think Bradley is a blown up light welter, who is a very good fighter but not as dangerous as Cotto. Floyd is going up in weight, Cotto has looked impressive in his victories and he is very experienced. If he sticks to a game plan, he has the speed, punch and versatility to cause Floyd more problems than Bradley would do against Pacquiau.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Disagree think Bradley is a blown up light welter, who is a very good fighter but not as dangerous as Cotto. Floyd is going up in weight, Cotto has looked impressive in his victories and he is very experienced. If he sticks to a game plan, he has the speed, punch and versatility to cause Floyd more problems than Bradley would do against Pacquiau.
    Bradley has won all his fights easily. He is awkward and fast. Could smother Pac and will probably not slow down that much throughout the fight. Cotto has good skills but that is what he uses, his boxing skills.
    Which in comparison to Mayweathers skills they are amateurish.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cant see Pacquiao losing this fight but i said that about Marquez but should be a really intresting fight cant wait for this one Bradley im sure will ask a few questions,he is one very awkward customer.But still i think Pac Man will have too much for him

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is Pacquiao then? They're the same size. Pacquiao and Bradley will come in at almost the exact same weight without any hydration issues. Size isn't an issue here.

Bradley is in his prime. He's undefeated and he's fast. Cotto is passed his prime, he's been knocked out twice, and he's not very fast anymore. Cotto isnt the Cotto from 2007. It's unfortunate, but he's not. Why do you think he hasn't been matched with any other top 5 junior middleweight? He's got a punchers chance here at most. His style has also changed from a puncher-boxer to a boxer-puncher. He hasn't fought like 2007 Cotto in a while. That works against Margarito, but against Mayweather?

There are many ways for Bradley to win this fight. Maul for the first few rounds. Box for the next few. Move for the last few. Pacquiao hasn't stopped anyone since 2009 despite what his accusers say. It's possible he has he lost a step. In addition, Bradley has got some beast in him. Pacquiao should be favored, but Bradley is a live dog here.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 02-09-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    I worry about PAC getting cut or not getting off his shots because Bradley's too close and smothers PAC with his own shots on the inside. This fight worries me a bit.
    That don't worry me at all. Fuck no! Lol. Pac has been smothered/mauled by come-forward fighters [bigger than Bradley] before.

lf Bradley choose to slug it out with Pacquiao like most of you here think, then chances are we will see a ko win for Pac.

l don't see that happening in early rounds though. Not even in mid rounds. Well that depends. The early they test each other's power, the earlier we'll see shootout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BLACK
    American
    Undefeated
    Belt Holder

PERFECT

Bradley should follow the game plan of the late Agapito Sanchez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good Fight

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is Pacquiao then? They're the same size. Pacquiao and Bradley will come in at almost the exact same weight without any hydration issues. Size isn't an issue here.

Bradley is in his prime. He's undefeated and he's fast. Cotto is passed his prime, he's been knocked out twice, and he's not very fast anymore. Cotto isnt the Cotto from 2007. It's unfortunate, but he's not. Why do you think he hasn't been matched with any other top 5 junior middleweight? He's got a punchers chance here at most. His style has also changed from a puncher-boxer to a boxer-puncher. He hasn't fought like 2007 Cotto in a while. That works against Margarito, but against Mayweather?

There are many ways for Bradley to win this fight. Maul for the first few rounds. Box for the next few. Move for the last few. Pacquiao hasn't stopped anyone since 2009 despite what his accusers say. It's possible he has he lost a step. In addition, Bradley has got some beast in him. Pacquiao should be favored, but Bradley is a live dog here.
    Your attempts at feigning impartiality make me laugh. I chuckle more about it when you accuse me of being biased and you just made this post.

You are not seriously trying to convince yourself that this is a better and tougher fight than Floyd vs Cotto will be at 154 are you? Anybody else who's not on Manny's payroll feel the same way, out of curiosity??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post

Your attempts at feigning impartiality make me laugh. I chuckle more about it when you accuse me of being biased and you just made this post.

You are not seriously trying to convince yourself that this is a better and tougher fight than Floyd vs Cotto will be at 154 are you? Anybody else who's not on Manny's payroll feel the same way, out of curiosity??
    Bradley imo is a much better fight. Cotto was totally whipped by Pac in there fight. What makes you think he has a chance against Mayweather. Its technical fighter vs technical fighter. Mayweathers technical skills make Cottos look crap. Cotto will be the bigger man but not by much. That will not bother Mayweather in the slightest. Bradley is very awkward and has won all of his fights with relitive ease.
    I would much rather see Bradley vs floyd/Pac than cotto against them. Bradley is undefeated and has hardly ever been close to losing a fight. What more can you ask for in an opponent.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post

Bradley imo is a much better fight. Cotto was totally whipped by Pac in there fight. What makes you think he has a chance against Mayweather. Its technical fighter vs technical fighter. Mayweathers technical skills make Cottos look crap. Cotto will be the bigger man but not by much. That will not bother Mayweather in the slightest. Bradley is very awkward and has won all of his fights with relitive ease.
    I would much rather see Bradley vs floyd/Pac than cotto against them. Bradley is undefeated and has hardly ever been close to losing a fight. What more can you ask for in an opponent.
    Who has Bradley fought that could come even close to beating him? Junior Witter? Alexander who got a gift against Matthyse? Old ass Casamayor? Maybe Peterson is the only argument that can be made.

Cottos resume is much better and I like how you forgot to mention that Pac beat him drained at 145. (and refused to fight him at 150 even though thats the fight he preferred? Obviously HE sees Cotto as dangerous)

As far as Floyd technically makes him look like shit, wrong again. Cotto has tremendous technical skills. Floyd wasnt very technical at all against Ortiz. He relies more on being awkward defensively and offensively now. But he obviously has technique to allow him to get away with it. Technically, they're around the same. Floyd has better speed and reach.

Again, wrong about the size difference. Cotto will come in around 160 on fight night. When Floyd fought Oscar he came in at 147 on fight night. Thats 13lbs..that is a big difference.

I said earlier the Pac/Bradley fight is a good one. No doubt interesting but by no means is it bigger, better or tougher than Floyd Cotto. If it becomes any of the above, it says more about Pacquiao not being as good as people claim IMO but I fully expect Pac to do a job on him.

Thread Information