Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mayweather-Cotto & Pac-Bradley hurting "chance" of Mayweather-Pac?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather-Cotto & Pac-Bradley hurting "chance" of Mayweather-Pac?

So now that Floyd-Cotto is a done deal, and it looks like pac-bradley is a done deal will the Pac-Bradley Fight hurt whatever "chance" we had at them two fighting in the fall. First of all i don't think this fight will ever happen, and have thought that for awhile. My reason for thinking Pac-bradley will hurt the fight is for this reason. Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto our household names in the boxing world and will probably do a damn good number in the PPV buys. On the other hand i don't see pac-bradley doing so well. Sure Pacquiao will sell on his name alone, but the casual boxing fan does not know who the hell Tim Bradley is.

I know they supposedly agreed to a 50/50 split in this last round of negotiations. I just don't see that happening after their next fights, assuming they both win. You know damn well Floyd will be mentioning that in negotiations. He and Cotto will do somewhere around 1.2 PPV and Pac-Bradley 800K-950K. I think these fights throws more obstacles at this fight happening. Sorry if i'm just ranting BS, i'm bored at work

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather-Cotto & Pac-Bradley hurting "chance" of Mayweather-Pac?

The only way I can see it hurting Floyd-Pac, would be if Pac or Floyd looks bad or loses their fight with Cotto or Bradley. Assuming that Floyd and Pac win their fights, you still gotta wonder if it will ever happen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, if either loses. Though I don't see any chance of Floyd losing to Cotto. I can see the possibility of Bradley upsetting Pacquiao although I favor Pacquiao. What I can see happening is Peterson and Marquez fighting in July and the winner facing Pacquiao before any Floyd versus Pacquiao fight happens. Assuming Pacquiao fights twice this year, and wins, that would mean we wouldn't get the fight until 2013.

Just a close fight doesn't hurt the chances of it taking place because Marquez fought Manny to a stalemate last time around.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What actually happened was Marquez beat Pacquiao last time around. Then Bob Arum insulted everyone again and stunk out boxing with his own agenda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both fights looks to be exciting to me.

Floyd will outbox anyone. But Floyd flaws been showing more and more with his last few fights. Cotto could very well be the right opponent at the wrong time for Floyd. At Floyd have been walking fighters down. So an exchange is inevitable. But the biggest is Floyd's willingness to lay on the ropes. Cotto strongest chance of winning. Although I believe Floyd will win this fight fairly easy with his sharp jab and Cotto's, "live to fight another day" model, I still think at some point early in this fight, Cotto will have his chance.
    Mayweather by TKO 9

Bradley vs Pacman. I won't bet on this fight because I'm routing for Bradley. The kid want to fight. Pretty good boxing skills and can slug. Just don't think either is good enough to defeat Pacman. Saying that, Bradley saw the blueprint to beating Pacman in all of the JMM fights. If he can use counterpunching as gameplan "B", and if his gameplan is not working, he have a shot.
    Pacman by stoppage by the ref rd 9

As far as Mayweather and Pacman meeting, it will never happen. Arum already said JMM vs Peterson winner will fight Pacman. Saying that, I might as well talk about the next 2 P4P boxers

3. JMM vs Peterson. Peterson is not going to be hard to find. Which makes me think JMM is going to tear his a$$ to pieces. BUT, Peterson will to win and youth IMO, is what's going to get him the "W". Just as much as Peterson is not hard to find, neither is JMM. They both are going to get hit, but Peterson lands hard and hard often in which JMM won't recover as he usually do.
    Peterson by ko rd 6

4. Martinez? I don't know Macklin to well so I'll watch tape on him. But saying he will get past Macklin, Jcc Jr is next hopefully. Now in this fight, I will bet.
    Jcc Jr by MD over Martinez

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not unless they lose. After Bradley it's going to be JMM again in november for Pacquiao. Mayweather - Pac has to happen but I'm just not sure when.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally past caring for the fight, I think the fight will be forced on to us even if we do not want it. The fight will happen, even if one or both of them lose there next fight. Screw them all for delaying this fight and providing an opportunity to see them at their best and in their primes.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Personally past caring for the fight, I think the fight will be forced on to us even if we do not want it. The fight will happen, even if one or both of them lose there next fight. Screw them all for delaying this fight and providing an opportunity to see them at their best and in their primes.
    Totally agree. The fight is nothing like it could have been a couple of years back. They have already lost alot of credibility in there all time rankings for the avoidance tactics. If they would have fought each other a couple of years ago with no BS, the winner would have gone down as one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Totally agree. The fight is nothing like it could have been a couple of years back. They have already lost alot of credibility in there all time rankings for the avoidance tactics. If they would have fought each other a couple of years ago with no BS, the winner would have gone down as one of the greatest fighters of all time.
    Yes the fight is past it best sell by date but it will still happen. They have tried to milk it up and get every last dollar possible, to the extend where Manny is starting to show he is sliding.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot see why PAC would take this fight with an opponent known for being so rough and dangerous as in causing injuries. If he does he may be the factor that keeps PAC and Floyd apart.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    So now that Floyd-Cotto is a done deal, and it looks like pac-bradley is a done deal will the Pac-Bradley Fight hurt whatever "chance" we had at them two fighting in the fall. First of all i don't think this fight will ever happen, and have thought that for awhile. My reason for thinking Pac-bradley will hurt the fight is for this reason. Floyd Mayweather and Miguel Cotto our household names in the boxing world and will probably do a damn good number in the PPV buys. On the other hand i don't see pac-bradley doing so well. Sure Pacquiao will sell on his name alone, but the casual boxing fan does not know who the hell Tim Bradley is.

I know they supposedly agreed to a 50/50 split in this last round of negotiations. I just don't see that happening after their next fights, assuming they both win. You know damn well Floyd will be mentioning that in negotiations. He and Cotto will do somewhere around 1.2 PPV and Pac-Bradley 800K-950K. I think these fights throws more obstacles at this fight happening. Sorry if i'm just ranting BS, i'm bored at work
    I'm sick of the Pac-Man, Marga-cheato, Cotto, Mayweather, Mosley club where they all have to fight each other.

Mayweather beats Cotto 118-112. No problem. For me 24-7 is going to have to go into over-drive to sell this fight on me.

But Pac Vs Bradley. Now this fight excites me. I think Bradley is a LIVE oppenent for Pac-Man. Bradley 28-0 and is Pac-Man on the wane ? He was lucky last time and it's not like he's been dropping bombs in his previous fights. Bradley is younger than Pac-Man and is hungry. I wouldn't even say it's a big upset if Bradley wins. I'd say it's 60-40 fight in pac man's favour.

As Pac-Mayweather ? I've got a feeling it will be a Hopkins Vs RJJ or Tyson Vs Lewis scenario, fights that happened after one or both of them were past there best.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These matchups aren't hurting the chance of Money-Pac fighting in fall. What, in all reality, is hurting the match is Floyd Mayweather Jr. The guy doesn't want to fight Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Both fights looks to be exciting to me.

Floyd will outbox anyone. But Floyd flaws been showing more and more with his last few fights. Cotto could very well be the right opponent at the wrong time for Floyd. At Floyd have been walking fighters down. So an exchange is inevitable. But the biggest is Floyd's willingness to lay on the ropes. Cotto strongest chance of winning. Although I believe Floyd will win this fight fairly easy with his sharp jab and Cotto's, "live to fight another day" model, I still think at some point early in this fight, Cotto will have his chance.
    Mayweather by TKO 9

Bradley vs Pacman. I won't bet on this fight because I'm routing for Bradley. The kid want to fight. Pretty good boxing skills and can slug. Just don't think either is good enough to defeat Pacman. Saying that, Bradley saw the blueprint to beating Pacman in all of the JMM fights. If he can use counterpunching as gameplan "B", and if his gameplan is not working, he have a shot.
    Pacman by stoppage by the ref rd 9

As far as Mayweather and Pacman meeting, it will never happen. Arum already said JMM vs Peterson winner will fight Pacman. Saying that, I might as well talk about the next 2 P4P boxers

3. JMM vs Peterson. Peterson is not going to be hard to find. Which makes me think JMM is going to tear his a$$ to pieces. BUT, Peterson will to win and youth IMO, is what's going to get him the "W". Just as much as Peterson is not hard to find, neither is JMM. They both are going to get hit, but Peterson lands hard and hard often in which JMM won't recover as he usually do.
    Peterson by ko rd 6

4. Martinez? I don't know Macklin to well so I'll watch tape on him. But saying he will get past Macklin, Jcc Jr is next hopefully. Now in this fight, I will bet.
    Jcc Jr by MD over Martinez
    Peterson has got very fine reflexes, as I've seen in his fight with Amir Khan. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see Peterson getting a unanimous decision. But still, with the both of them, it's really hard to tell.

And Chavez Jr. will hang himself before he is made to step in the ring with Sergio Martinez. This has been made obvious through the last couple of months.

Thread Information