Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: so the tides turned to mayweather in mayweather pac predictions but...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default so the tides turned to mayweather in mayweather pac predictions but...

Was watching Pac vs cotto and mayweather vs ortiz today and mayweather seems to have changed his style to be slightly more offensive ... couple of things I saw which makes me think pac would have more of a chance again

1- steve irwen (crocadileman) died working with sting rays - because they were not his expertise! weird analergy but mayweather's attack didnt seem very effective! Mayweather is great and so is adjusting as his legs go but i think this still leaves him vunerable - he is not as good a fighter attacking as he is in his usual counter punching mode

2 - when he was on the ropes - epesh in round 4 ortiz got to him really quite well - better than I have seen in a while - pac's speed & angles against cotto I think would work quite nicely here

this isnt really a may v pac threat more a mayweather imo is now more vunerable thread!

thoughts anyone?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: so the tides turned to mayweather in mayweather pac predictions but...

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    Was watching Pac vs cotto and mayweather vs ortiz today and mayweather seems to have changed his style to be slightly more offensive ... couple of things I saw which makes me think pac would have more of a chance again

1- steve irwen (crocadileman) died working with sting rays - because they were not his expertise! weird analergy but mayweather's attack didnt seem very effective! Mayweather is great and so is adjusting as his legs go but i think this still leaves him vunerable - he is not as good a fighter attacking as he is in his usual counter punching mode

2 - when he was on the ropes - epesh in round 4 ortiz got to him really quite well - better than I have seen in a while - pac's speed & angles against cotto I think would work quite nicely here

this isnt really a may v pac threat more a mayweather imo is now more vunerable thread!

thoughts anyone?
    Problem ya have here is that ya comparing a Pac from a good few years ago against a Floyd from his last fight.
    The Pac that fought Cotto has also changed dont ya think?
    He is not the same fighter he was back then especially based on his last couple of performances IMO.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: so the tides turned to mayweather in mayweather pac predictions but...

yes i completely agree! Although I thought he looked good in the mosley fight - almost carried him in a way -

just a thought really but obviously time is catching pac as well - to be honest it probably wont even happen now!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thoughts anyone?
    Completely different styles so it doesn't compare.
    I thought Floyd was effective and he would have stopped Ortiz in a few more rounds.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I have said in another thread the fight is past it best sell by date but it will still happen. They have tried to milk it up and get every last dollar possible, to the extend where Manny is starting to show he is sliding.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    As I have said in another thread the fight is past it best sell by date but it will still happen. They have tried to milk it up and get every last dollar possible, to the extend where Manny is starting to show he is sliding.
    Spot on.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thoughts anyone?
    I like Pac's chances against Floyd about the same as I always have, I think he can win the fight if it ever happens, but it won't be easy because of Floyd's defense. The same thing applies to Cotto's chances against Floyd, if he can land some significant shots and penetrate Floyd's defense he might win.

Thread Information