Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Paul Williams vs. Nobuhiro Ishida - Saturday night fight thread

Yup, the same Ishida who knocked out Kirkland. I don't know why Cloud's IBF light heavyweight title fight isn't the main event..

At Corpus Christi, Texas (Showtime): Paul Williams vs. Nobuhiro Ishida, 12 rounds, junior middleweights; Tavoris Cloud vs. Gabriel Campillo, 12 rounds, for Cloud's IBF light heavyweight title; Cristobal Arreola vs. Eric Molina, 12 rounds, heavyweights; Malik Scott vs. Kendrick Releford, rematch, 8 rounds, heavyweights.

I figure Williams clowns Ishida, but who knows. Cloud shouldn't have much of a problem with Campillo.

Who you bitches got?
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 02-19-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: update to fight thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Paul Williams vs. Nobuhiro Ishida on Showtime Saturday - Feb. 18th

This is a good match up. Both fighters need this win to progress. Ishida is still classified under "perfect timing", with his win against Kirkland. And Williams is classified as "what could have been", after his ko lose and close decision win ove Lora. The winner of this fight should fight K9 and be right back in the title hunt.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams is fearless and just takes on the best, you have got to admire that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Ishida- Williams has the potential to be a good fight. Will be interesting to see if boxnation or Sky pick it up over here in the UK.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    I think Ishida- Williams has the potential to be a good fight. Will be interesting to see if boxnation or Sky pick it up over here in the UK.
    Too bad that so many good fights get aired live in the AM in the UK because of the time difference.
    Vitali vs. Chisora is an afternoon fight here in North America Saturday, so it should be shown at about 9:00 or 10:00 PM your time.

cheers

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Too bad that so many good fights get aired live in the AM in the UK because of the time difference.
    Vitali vs. Chisora is an afternoon fight here in North America Saturday, so it should be shown at about 9:00 or 10:00 PM your time.

cheers
    Thanks Mars, there is a big day of buildup programs on boxnation for the Chisora-Klitschko fight. Biographies of Heavyweights, then then Magee- Markussen from Denmark before going over to Munich for Del boy v Vitali. No sign of anyone covering the Ishida-Williams,Cloud etc bill but you can't have everything I suppose.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunetely we miss out on some fights.

Sky will be showing Macklin, Wlad, Morales and Kell Brook but I do not have it so will miss out.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is an awfully odd context in which to make that comment. He should be giving Lara a rematch from that robbery. I'm rooting against him because of that, though I'm firmly in the "Kirkland fight was a total fluke" camp and think Williams probably wins easily on his usual semi-sloppy volume punching.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    This is an awfully odd context in which to make that comment. He should be giving Lara a rematch from that robbery. I'm rooting against him because of that, though I'm firmly in the "Kirkland fight was a total fluke" camp and think Williams probably wins easily on his usual semi-sloppy volume punching.
    I'm a big Tall Paul fan, but I agree, it's not like Ishida is the avoided type of fighter that Williams has fought in the past.

Hey, maybe Golden Boy will put Canelo in with Williams next. Hah!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Williams is trying to take the backdoor and convince everyone he's back in devistating fashion here, thinking Ishida is hitting him with nerd ball punches. With his limited exposure and considering how Kirkland has rebounded to drive a truck over undefeated Angulo it's really a semi everything to lose, very little reward for him. Is it a title elimination fight Even if it goes rounds which I think it will Williams catches shots ugly and often now. I'm picking Ishida to beat him.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Williams is trying to take the backdoor and convince everyone he's back in devistating fashion here, thinking Ishida is hitting him with nerd ball punches. With his limited exposure and considering how Kirkland has rebounded to drive a truck over undefeated Angulo it's really a semi everything to lose, very little reward for him. Is it a title elimination fight Even if it goes rounds which I think it will Williams catches shots ugly and often now. I'm picking Ishida to beat him.
    Wow. Big statement, Spicoli. You don't feel strong enough about that to sig bet, do you? Is it a title eliminator? For what belt?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice to see Williams is back, now lets see what he has left but he should win this fight with out much problem.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Spicoli, I guess you may be right. Williams is ranked #3 and Ishida is ranked #2. Mundine is the international champ and is ranked #1. Trout holds the WBA belt at 154. Cotto is the super champion until Mayweather beats him. I guess that means the winner here is the mandatory for Austin Trout or Miguel Cotto?http://wbanews.com/artman/uploads/1/...ERO_2012_1.pdf

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    I want to point out one minor point on Tall Paul's behalf. He came back from suffering the KO of the year against Martinez to face Lara, who in my opinion is probably the most avoided fighter at 154.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Wow. Big statement, Spicoli. You don't feel strong enough about that to sig bet, do you? Is it a title eliminator? For what belt?
    Absolutley. Haven't had a sig in a long time, fun stuff. Whatever you like time wise....well I'm just wondering for a 'opponent' HBO turned down previously why pick match now? I don't know where these guys are ranked in the alphabet soup groups?

Edit! Loving this slow azz I phone. Just saw your last post with ranking Rant, thanks bud.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 02-13-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Thread Information