Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather in another racial controversy

Everytime I think this guy cannot be a bigger jackass he goes out and one ups himself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He's black. wadaya gonna do.. pure ignorance.. SMH

btw, name one black NBA player who graduated from Harvard... better yet, name one black player who graduated from a real University without some fake basketball scholarship.. lol ok then...
    This is way worse than what Floyd said. You think Jeremy Lin got into Harvard because he's a great student? The guy graduated with a 3.1 GPA. I went to an Ivy League undergrad. You have to try to fail to get a 3.1 GPA. Or you have to be way less qualified than everyone else there. But sure, use this as a jumping point to trash black people.

Those of you claiming that his hype has "nothing" to do with the fact that he's Asian are full of it. I'm not saying it's the only reason -- of course not. But to deny that it's part of the story is absurd.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

btw, name one black NBA player who graduated from Harvard... better yet, name one black player who graduated from a real University without some fake basketball scholarship.. lol ok then...
    This is way worse than what Floyd said. You think Jeremy Lin got into Harvard because he's a great student? The guy graduated with a 3.1 GPA. I went to an Ivy League undergrad. You have to try to fail to get a 3.1 GPA. Or you have to be way less qualified than everyone else there. But sure, use this as a jumping point to trash black people.

Those of you claiming that his hype has "nothing" to do with the fact that he's Asian are full of it. I'm not saying it's the only reason -- of course not. But to deny that it's part of the story is absurd.
    Since you're such a massive Floyd fan maybe you can answer why is he trashing another athlete that's completely from a different sport? He's also accused Jeremy Lin of using steroids also.

People like the Jeremy Lin story is because it's mainly an underdog story. In '99 the Kurt warner story was much bigger, way bigger. So was it because Warner was white or because it's the ultimate Cinderella story?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post

Since you're such a massive Floyd fan maybe you can answer why is he trashing another athlete that's completely from a different sport? He's also accused Jeremy Lin of using steroids also.

People like the Jeremy Lin story is because it's mainly an underdog story. In '99 the Kurt warner story was much bigger, way bigger. So was it because Warner was white or because it's the ultimate Cinderella story?
    I'm not a massive Floyd fan and said nothing that should lead you to that conclusion. I said "Floyd's a jackass."

Your Kurt Warner argument is retarded. At the time he came up, nearly every quarterback in the NFL was white, so there was nothing special or interesting about that part of the story. You better believe that if he were a devout Muslim from the Emirates that would have been a big part of the story, along with the normal "cinderella" point.

Yes, it would be great on some level for everyone to be completely color-blind and not notice race. But you know very well that that's not the world we live in. I mean, we have Finito spouting off with racist bullshit in this very thread.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a massive Floyd fan and said nothing that should lead you to that conclusion. I said "Floyd's a jackass."

Your Kurt Warner argument is retarded. At the time he came up, nearly every quarterback in the NFL was white, so there was nothing special or interesting about that part of the story. You better believe that if he were a devout Muslim from the Emirates that would have been a big part of the story, along with the normal "cinderella" point.

Yes, it would be great on some level for everyone to be completely color-blind and not notice race. But you know very well that that's not the world we live in. I mean, we have Finito spouting off with racist bullshit in this very thread.
    Kurt Warner's story is very much like this story. Undrafted, cut by multiple teams, played in another league, comes in when other guys are injured, leads the team to victory and puts up stats? Sounds familiar? The underdog story is the reason many like the Jeremy Lin story.

In fact that comparison has been used by many media outlets. So race is a small factor. I didn't bring up the race shit your hero did. And let's be honest about you not being a Floyd fan as you claim. lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kurt Warner's story is very much like this story. Undrafted, cut by multiple teams, played in another league, comes in when other guys are injured, leads the team to victory and puts up stats? Sounds familiar? The underdog story is the reason many like the Jeremy Lin story.

In fact that comparison has been used by many media outlets. So race is a small factor. I didn't bring up the race shit your hero did. And let's be honest about you not being a Floyd fan as you claim. lol
    Glad to see you backing off of your ridiculous claim that no one noticed that Lin was Asian.

And again: Floyd's a jackass.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad to see you backing off of your ridiculous claim that no one noticed that Lin was Asian.

And again: Floyd's a jackass.

I already said Lin's race plays a minor role on the 1st page but not the main reason why the story is big, the cinderella part is. So I didn't back off anything.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's true--we live in a racial society. However, just because we live in a racial society doesn't mean we should perpetuate the bad behavior of our past. To the contrary, we should celebrate and encourage diversity. Certainly, pointing out that Lin's Asian heritage has something to do with his new fame by itself is not wrong. Indeed, applauding Lin's success as a minority in the NBA may actually be good.

What is different about Floyd's statements (now and in the past) is that Floyd uses racial identity to separate people. He points out race to disparage people or to boost his own racial group. It's divisive rather than inclusive; it's negative, not positive; it builds barriers between races rather than bridge them (this can be seen in some of the reactions on this thread that you pointed out). I would be surprised if you expected a positive response to Floyd's comments--I didn't.

Are you aware of Floyd's history of racist comments (see calling Emmanual Steward an "Uncle Tom" and referring to Pacquiao as a sushi-making yellow man)?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As soon as they come off vacation, They’re going to cook that little yellow chump. They ain’t worried about that. So they ain’t gotta worry about playing against a midget. Once they kick the midget ass, I don’t want you all to jump on their dick. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. … Once they stomp the midget, They’ll make that mother f—– make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice

Floyd Mayweather Accused Jeremy Lin of Steroid Use » NBA Sports News

Nah, dude isn't a bigot at all according to Floyd fans. You know the guy is just promoting his next fight which has nothing to do with Lin an NBA player.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let Floyd have his fun, in a few more years, when the glory and his money are all gone, nobody will care what this clown thinks.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wonder if he's just promoting his upcoming stint in jail and trying to make good with his new friends in lock up.

"yellow" and eating rice?! What a complete ignorant fooking sad clown.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Wonder if he's just promoting his upcoming stint in jail and trying to make good with his new friends in lock up.

"yellow" and eating rice?! What a complete ignorant fooking sad clown.
    There are Asian gangs is prison that would like to make him their girlfriend too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What !!!!! Floyd mayweather saying or doing something retarded ? No way ! Unbelivable. People please stop falling for this guys bullshit and being part of the money team marketing dept. Dude says and does whatever cause he knows he'll have a bunch of people on the net spreading his name across the internet without paying a dime for it. Good or bad it doesn't matter. Bank accts accept good guy and bad guy money. And judging by the paychecks of pac vs floyd the bad guy thing pays pretty good when you have a bunch of fans fueling his crap. Floyd could drown lil baby orphan rabbits for all it matters. If you can't beat him in the ring all the other stuff doesn't matter. Floyd would be racist one min and be a member of the klan the next if it paid enough. Stop working for the money team, outside of what he does in the ring screw him
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In that regard, Floyd is the Larry Holmes of this generation.
    Racist to the core.... but forgiven 'cause he's good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

It's true--we live in a racial society. However, just because we live in a racial society doesn't mean we should perpetuate the bad behavior of our past. To the contrary, we should celebrate and encourage diversity. Certainly, pointing out that Lin's Asian heritage has something to do with his new fame by itself is not wrong. Indeed, applauding Lin's success as a minority in the NBA may actually be good.

What is different about Floyd's statements (now and in the past) is that Floyd uses racial identity to separate people. He points out race to disparage people or to boost his own racial group. It's divisive rather than inclusive; it's negative, not positive; it builds barriers between races rather than bridge them (this can be seen in some of the reactions on this thread that you pointed out). I would be surprised if you expected a positive response to Floyd's comments--I didn't.

Are you aware of Floyd's history of racist comments (see calling Emmanual Steward an "Uncle Tom" and referring to Pacquiao as a sushi-making yellow man)?
    I don't disagree with anything you're saying. As I said in my first post on this thread, Floyd is a jackass. Had I expanded on that, I would have said something along the lines of your middle paragraph.

I don't know why I seem to be getting tagged as a Mayweather apologist here. I love his boxing; I think he's despicable as a person.

Thread Information