Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali Klitschko v Dereck Chisora Chat Thread

Vitali didn't look great, but won by a fair distance. Don't forget how old he is and it still wasn't in any way close.

Chisora fought a little smarter than other opponents.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali had more trouble than Fury did...

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Vitali had more trouble than Fury did...
    Conditioning played it's part. Compare Toney with early HW fights as compared with Rahman 1. He was a tub of goo, tubs of goo seldom look all that great.

Toney was a special tub of goo, Chisora simply isn't whence the Fury fight. Chisora learned his lesson.

LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali wasnt devastating, but he wasnt bad either! he had one tough barrel-bodied SOB in there with him that hit Vitali with some brutal shots! thunderous body blows. both men took a beating. i bet Vitali went to the hospital afterward. good fight, the best man won!

Hat's Off to Chisora though, he was one of the only ones to go in there against the Klit's Not Scared!!! with a desire to win, not just survive. He behaved too. well, once in the ring anyways!

HAYE vs Vitali? who the fuck would wanna see that JOKE OF A FIGHTER Haye fight again? would u really support that charlatans financial future after the Wlad fight/fiasco lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    117-111 a pretty dominant win points win for anyone else, but were so used to not seein vitali lose a round or having to work as hard as he did to win that were thinking he might have to hang em up soon...don't think he got old its just that his punches aren't as powerful as they used to be and chisora had no quit in him, but vitalis body will give in sooner rather than later so maybe one or two more n call it quits
    He looked fine in his last fight against Adamek. I think Chisora just had an irritating style for him and pressed him throughout the fight. All the other fighters that fight the Klits usually hang back and take the punishment. Its the first time in a while I have seen someone walk them down and not be afraid of them.
    Respect to Chesora. For the fight, not the antics.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had the fight close had it been in the UK, Vitali would have won 7 -5. Chisora got a good chin and fought a good fight but was not busy enough inside and did not let his hands go enough. Vitali was shattered at the end, think that is his hardest fight since Lewis. Vitali looked robotic and threw a lot of arm punches.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

jon09 Guest

Chisora put on a good show for only having 17 fights. I really think that the Chisora who fought Vitali would probably get the ko against Vlad. If not Haye then where does Vitali go from here? How about a D Wilder vs Chisora and Vitali vs B Stiverne?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was Vitali's hand discovered to be injured? Fat Dan Rafael suggest it was during the Epix broadcast of the fight, which made sense, given that he stopped throwing it with frequency after the opening round.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Was Vitali's hand discovered to be injured? Fat Dan Rafael suggest it was during the Epix broadcast of the fight, which made sense, given that he stopped throwing it with frequency after the opening round.
    did anyone post the punch stats yet? Klitschko vs Chisora - CompuBox Stats, low jab output and accuracy from vitali didnt think chisora was that hard to hit, i suppose it is possible he hurt his hand but its not like boxers not to mention an injury as soon as possible...

45% accuracy from chisora, a small guy could be that vitali is getting old now not avoiding as many punches as before..

infact going from that link vitali pretty much threw and landed half the amount of jabs in this fight than his previous, might just be del boys style that caused this though
    Last edited by palmerq; 02-19-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew this would happen, people saying Vitali got old...

No! Chisora is just the first opponent in a long while that makes any attempt to avoid being hit and move his head. He also has a good work rate. This is what Vitali struggled with, being made to work!

Had Chisora been brought on a bit more rather than being offered a Wlad fight so soon in his career. This stunted it, took away any momentum and learning. Then when it was taken away from him it stopped him putting his heart in to the Fury fight which is a bit of a come down, which is entirely his own fault. Had Chisora gone down the more traditional prospect route and fought some old names he may have got some more experience and beaten Vitali last night. He certainly gave him a tougher foght than anyone since Lewis. I think Chisora will get a fight with Wlad after maybe a Haye fight and I think he beats both

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't say I am surprised by peoples reactions, after all there is some truth in the assertion that at 40 Vitali is getting old. The fact is though before the fight most people insisted he would muller Chisora despite his age. Well he did not. He did not floor him and never even massively shook him. He did not cause Del Boy to desperately hold on, or run away under a devastating barrage of jabs and hooks. Chisora has tons of heart and bottle but he is not a great fighter. He lacks many fundamental skills and much in the way of BIG fight experience. He admitted as much and yet Vitali is still not over rated despite struggling at times? what gives?

If Chisora had more of a punch, if Chisora listened to his corner and exploited his jabs to the body when they were clearly working. If Dereck conserved some of that nervous energy used up in pre-fight shenanigans and brought it out in the late rounds, he may have got a draw. Well if the fight was anywhere but Germany, maybe, But he did not and he couldn't and still Vitali could not demolish him?

It is not easy to show contrition after misjudging a fighter, and I admit that as usual I got a little carried away in predicting a Chisora win on points. The fact remains most people gave him little to no chance of getting past the first 8 rounds and some on this forum resorted to calling anyone who said otherwise numbnuts. I should have known as soon as I put money on him, I had doomed him to failure, but I still believe Vitali is no more than a good fighter and way of the ATG's. Last night just confirmed it.

Oh and by the way If Chisora and Haye fight........ in the ring.. Haye will knock him out, despite being three stones lighter, and everyone will say "Chisora was krap anyway" after post after post insisting Del Boy would expose him
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye couldnt keep that pace and wouldnt know how to deal with that pressure.

I always thought Vitali would struggle with movement and pressure and watching how easily the relative novice Chisora got to him assures me that Tyson would get to him big time!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I thought Chisora did alright, put up a much better job of things than Haye did, and generally deserves some acclaim for that.

However, he is a loose cannon and has history of doing stupid things like this, so I suspect we won't see him back in the ring for a long long time. He was banned for four months when he bit someone, I reckon they'll give him at least a year.

Thread Information