Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default David Haye finally talks about the brawl

David Haye Official Statement (Re: Munich)

It is with regret that I feel I have to issue this statement to clarify certain matters, following an unfortunate incident that occurred on Saturday night (February 1 in Munich, Germany at the Vitali Klitschko vs. Dereck Chisora post-fight press conference.

I was in Munich to watch the WBC world heavyweight title bout between Klitschko and Chisora and provide punditry for BoxNation, and accredited as such.

During the post-fight press conference, I was stood at the back of the room. It wasn't until Bernd Bonte said my name and involved me in the press conference that I commented. I was then happy to banter back and forth with Bonte and Klitschko, keen to ascertain whether he (Vitali) would stay true to his word and reiterate his desire to do what his younger brother couldn't do - knock me out. I felt as though the public would want to hear more information about this potential bout and that we could both start beating the drum ahead of a showdown later this year.

However, at this point Chisora began firing insults at me from his position on the top table. In fact, he has recently made a habit of saying derogatory things about me in the press.

Moments before declaring he wanted to go face-to-face with me, Chisora assured the gathered media that he would give me 'two slaps'. Chisora had, of course, already been shrouded in controversy that weekend.

Despite this, Chisora climbed down from the top table, removed his robe and then walked towards me, entourage in tow, in an aggressive manner. I held my ground, but, unfortunately, he caused a serious disturbance to occur, something which threatened to damage the reputation of the sport we both love. Regrettably, some members of his entourage also encouraged the chaos.

Nevertheless, Chisora and I soon separated, brushed ourselves down and moved in opposite directions.

The confrontation then reignited, however, and both Don Charles and Adam Booth became involved in the mess. Adam suffered a cut to the head.

Thankfully, it didn't take long for the ruckus to again settle down. It was then that I heard Chisora say he planned to 'shoot me dead'.

I decided to leave the venue and return to my hotel, a move which I hoped would diffuse the situation. However, Chisora's team were staying at the same hotel as me and, in light of the threats Chisora had made in front of the world's media, it seemed far more appropriate for me and Adam to leave the hotel as quickly as possible.

Consequently, I left Munich on an earlier flight on Sunday morning and have been thinking about what happened ever since, as well as replaying the incident many times via YouTube. It goes without saying, I am bitterly disappointed to have been a part of what transpired on Saturday evening.

I realise I am no angel - and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile - but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas. If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented.

I also hope Dereck Chisora is able to learn from his mistakes this past weekend, right the wrongs and then go on to fulfil his potential in the boxing ring.

David Haye Official Statement (Re: Munich) - Hayemaker News - The Official Hayemaker Website

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye finally talks about the brawl

What a perfect gentleman.

He's just misunderstood.

I love how Haye's nonsense shit talking, threats, and challenges at the Klitschkos have now devolved into "I bet you can't knock me out !".

Its no longer that Haye will KO the brothers, or even win, but that he thinks he can survive and avoid being knocked out.

Fuck off David !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    What a perfect gentleman.

He's just misunderstood.

I love how Haye's nonsense shit talking, threats, and challenges at the Klitschkos have now devolved into "I bet you can't knock me out !".

Its no longer that Haye will KO the brothers, or even win, but that he thinks he can survive and avoid being knocked out.

Fuck off David !
    Yeah, I had the same comment in the other thread. "YOUR BROTHER STEPPED TO ME AND HE FAILED (to knock me out)!"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, fuck off David. Public interest in heavyweight boxing is already too high! The last thing we want is some inflammatory character making people talk about boxing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Frank Warren is talking live now on Box Nation.
    Ahhhh! I do not agree with him. He is focussing in Haye and the bottle. He is saying that things like this have happened in the past and those fights went ahead.
    It doesn't justify their behaviour!
    Sorry guys but Chisora and Haye must take one for the sport and be booted out!
    This signiture is up as ante in a 'sig-bet'. Wanna bet anyone?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How convenient that he forgets to mention how he threw the first punch with a bottle in his hand, and hit his own guy with a tripod. What an asshole.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Part of me hoped he broke his hand when he punched with the bottle.

Press statement sounds cowardly, what is this I hear of him being banned for one year.

Could still do the bout in another country, North Korea anyone, would be worth the PPV, do not care if the bigwigs sanction it or not, would pull more views than both the Klitsko brothers next fights, sadly boxing moves so slowly these days I would have to wait 5 months to see any action from these wrestlers.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the two would fight. I would pick Haye to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Still no need for the bottle though was there. I can understand him punching but broken glass in someones face could do some serious damage
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as i'd like to see Vitali knock Haye senseless, based on Haye's pathetic performance against Wlad, he doesn't really rate another big title shot with Vitali next. Enough of Haye's conning, he needs to earn a shot at Vitali, by fighting and defeating Chisora or some other top HW first.

Honestly though, after the shit both Haye and Chisora pulled, I wouldn't really care if both were banned from boxing for life, but I guess it's not any worse then some of the lowlife behavior Mike Tyson exhibited during his career.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a load of Politicly Correct BULL SHIT, need I say more by Mr Haye.!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a twat. The guy fails to mention throwing the first blow with a bottle, punching a stationary Don Charles, and then flailing a giant tripod like a tard.

I hope Haye gets hit by a bus.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

both Chisora and Haye have been very well advised on their so called summing up of the brawl.
    All bullshit ban them both for good.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

El Kabong Guest

One would have thought that all this hullabalou would cause a poster to stop and think for a bit and then post something like "Hey, I guess Lyle was right all along, David Haye IS a total twat"....but I have yet to see such an epiphany being reached by the posters here and it makes me worry.

Dereck Chisora may not have any class, but at least he has some fight in him...I mean if you're going to be a classless dickbag then at least be man enough to back your shit talking up in the ring. Chisora did it and good on the guy for backing his words up, I'll actually follow him more now that he's shown his heart.....granted I will not cheer for the guy, but hey viewers are viewers.

David Haye aside from having 0 class is a drama queen and a complete chickenshit, Adam Booth is a a light in the loafers spin class leader, and Steve Bunce is a fat lying piece of skunk vomit....I called it from the get go!

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    One would have thought that all this hullabalou would cause a poster to stop and think for a bit and then post something like "Hey, I guess Lyle was right all along, David Haye IS a total twat"....but I have yet to see such an epiphany being reached by the posters here and it makes me worry.

Dereck Chisora may not have any class, but at least he has some fight in him...I mean if you're going to be a classless dickbag then at least be man enough to back your shit talking up in the ring. Chisora did it and good on the guy for backing his words up, I'll actually follow him more now that he's shown his heart.....granted I will not cheer for the guy, but hey viewers are viewers.

David Haye aside from having 0 class is a drama queen and a complete chickenshit, Adam Booth is a a light in the loafers spin class leader, and Steve Bunce is a fat lying piece of skunk vomit....I called it from the get go!
    An intriguing phrase. What does it mean though mate?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information