Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather Vs Cotto Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    This fight isn't going the distance, one way or another.. Cotto might quit on his knees again..
    Cotto fought a guy with cement blocks on his knuckles when gave up. Floyd has brittle hands. Common sense dictates that you are more likely wrong with your theory there homie.
    I don't see Floyd knocking out Cotto, contrary to popular belief, Mayweather is not a big puncher.
    Contrary to popular belief? Nobody ever said floyd is a big puncher but one doesnt need to be a big puncher to score KOs..

Floyd's power comes from speed, timing, precision and punch placement which is more than enough to create knockouts.

punching power comes in many forms..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    This fight isn't going the distance, one way or another.. Cotto might quit on his knees again..
    Cotto fought a guy with cement blocks on his knuckles when gave up. Floyd has brittle hands. Common sense dictates that you are more likely wrong with your theory there homie.
    I don't see Floyd knocking out Cotto, contrary to popular belief, Mayweather is not a big puncher.
    Contrary to popular belief? Nobody ever said floyd is a big puncher but one doesnt need to be a big puncher to score KOs..

Floyd's power comes from speed, timing, precision and punch placement which is more than enough to create knockouts.

punching power comes in many forms..
    Lmfao! Like you've ever punched someone in your life.

Floyd's power comes from when his opponent choose to stop fighting and not look at him . Also known as "bitch ass sucker punch".

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    The fight ends like Cotto's other losses. Him quitting at the end.

He's lost two fights. One to a cheater, where he was smart enough to take a knee and avoid getting pummeled by plaster casts... and another where the REF stopped the fight. But what the hell am I doing even acknowledging your stupidity in this forum? You sure that baseball bat didn't actually hit you on the head?
    VD gets more intelligent after you put him on ignore.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Abelardus View Post
    Im sure alot of people are excited for this fight like I am. I know everyone says Mayweather will win and chances are he will, but I'm one that believes Cotto still has a shot. So he shouldn't be counted completely out. Either way I want to see what you guys think.
    The thing is with Mayweather is his defense, he can make a great fighter, (think JMM) look like an amateur. I'd love to see Miguel win, but it would have to be considered a big upset, I still like Cotto's chances.
    That's what I was explaining to my friend on PAC vs Marquez 3 that just cuz he looked bad vs mayweather doesn't mean hes gonna look bad vs pacquiao. I explained to him how if you have 2 great defensive fighters but one is bigger then the other the bigger one will always win easily because the little guy will have to go offensive and move out of his specialty the big guy just has counter and get out of the way which ofcourse is his specialty. There's other examples to but I'll just stick to that basic one I like to think of it as some one fighting an up hill battle too
    I've noticed in a few of Floyd's latest fights that he's leaving his defensive shell a bit to become more of a fan pleaser. I'm hoping he decides to open up and trade with Cotto, and if he does he's liable to get caught with something big. (we can hope)
    That is very true. I really hope he does but he knows he's going up in weight so I think he might stick moving around and not get to risky. But oh how I hope he doesn't.
    Cotto isn't going to outbox Mayweather, his only shot at winning the fight is if he can make a war out of it, keep the pressure on and outwork him. If Miguel tries to "box" he'll get schooled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im sure alot of people are excited for this fight like I am. I know everyone says Mayweather will win and chances are he will, but I'm one that believes Cotto still has a shot. So he shouldn't be counted completely out. Either way I want to see what you guys think.
    The thing is with Mayweather is his defense, he can make a great fighter, (think JMM) look like an amateur. I'd love to see Miguel win, but it would have to be considered a big upset, I still like Cotto's chances.
    That's what I was explaining to my friend on PAC vs Marquez 3 that just cuz he looked bad vs mayweather doesn't mean hes gonna look bad vs pacquiao. I explained to him how if you have 2 great defensive fighters but one is bigger then the other the bigger one will always win easily because the little guy will have to go offensive and move out of his specialty the big guy just has counter and get out of the way which ofcourse is his specialty. There's other examples to but I'll just stick to that basic one I like to think of it as some one fighting an up hill battle too
    I've noticed in a few of Floyd's latest fights that he's leaving his defensive shell a bit to become more of a fan pleaser. I'm hoping he decides to open up and trade with Cotto, and if he does he's liable to get caught with something big. (we can hope)
    That is very true. I really hope he does but he knows he's going up in weight so I think he might stick moving around and not get to risky. But oh how I hope he doesn't.
    Cotto isn't going to outbox Mayweather, his only shot at winning the fight is if he can make a war out of it, keep the pressure on and outwork him. If Miguel tries to "box" he'll get schooled.
    Hopefully it's like mayweather vs Castillo 1

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto needs to mix the two, box at certain points and attack and others. Controlling the fight is the key to it and not allowing Floyd to find a rhythm.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, Cotto's only chance is to go immediately on the offensive, Mosley almost got Floyd in round 2 of their fight, Cotto must attack Floyd from the first bell. Doing it for 12 rounds is the problem and Floyd is a master ring tactician, he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed outside the ring, but he is a defensive master in the ring and is very smart in it. Cotto will have to land big very early otherwise Floyd will just pick him off at will and win a wide UD.
    Cotto is very capable of making this a great fight, Floyd is the one who will put a dampener on the proceedings.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post

True, Cotto's only chance is to go immediately on the offensive, Mosley almost got Floyd in round 2 of their fight, Cotto must attack Floyd from the first bell. Doing it for 12 rounds is the problem and Floyd is a master ring tactician, he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed outside the ring, but he is a defensive master in the ring and is very smart in it. Cotto will have to land big very early otherwise Floyd will just pick him off at will and win a wide UD.
    Cotto is very capable of making this a great fight, Floyd is the one who will put a dampener on the proceedings.
    Fer sure, like I said earlier in the thread, Floyd has the abilty to make a great fighter look like an amateur. Hopefully Cotto can make this fight competitive, I can see however, why most are skeptical of his chances.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's lost two fights. One to a cheater, where he was smart enough to take a knee and avoid getting pummeled by plaster casts... and another where the REF stopped the fight. But what the hell am I doing even acknowledging your stupidity in this forum? You sure that baseball bat didn't actually hit you on the head?
    The ref stopping the fight was really just a technicality. Cotto had already quit a couple of rounds earlier. It's easy to tell when he's checked out of a fight. He starts backing up in a circular motion with his hands at his waist and tries to avoid punches by moving his upper body. Not that it ever helps. Cotto is one of the few fighters who can go into survival mode and still takes as much punishment if not more than when he's not in survival mode

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

Do you and VD compare notes before posting?
    Just wondering...
    I am relatively new to this site but I am going to say your a Cotto nut hugger?

Get back to me when you get the testical fortitude to form your own opinions, newbie.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ref stopping the fight was really just a technicality. Cotto had already quit a couple of rounds earlier. It's easy to tell when he's checked out of a fight. He starts backing up in a circular motion with his hands at his waist and tries to avoid punches by moving his upper body. Not that it ever helps. Cotto is one of the few fighters who can go into survival mode and still takes as much punishment if not more than when he's not in survival mode

Wow... all this wisdom gathered from watching a boxer with two WHOLE defeats in his career. And one to a plaster-gloved cheater. Amazing. I know you're hell-bent on declaring Cotto a "quitter" in your inmense boxing wisdom... but you (and your groupies) are in a distinct minority. Fact of the matter is... fighters go into "survival mode", as you put it, sometimes while they gather their wits and are coming up with a new game plan. And how a fighter goes into that mode varies from fighter to fighter. Unlike you'd have us all believe, not all fighters throw caution to the wind and let the chips fall where they may. Some clinch... some sway... some back up more... some resort to fouling. Part of boxing, my thuggish friend.

But what the hell. You're mind is made up... and so are the minds of the groupies that worship the ground you walk on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto isn't a quitter.

Anyone that is a quitter would have taken the easy out in the Clottey fight. Cotto dropped Clottey from a jab in round 1. Accidental butt, he had opportunity anytime after the 4th to complain about the cut and let it go to the scorecards which would have had him ahead. But he didn't.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    Cotto isn't a quitter.

Anyone that is a quitter would have taken the easy out in the Clottey fight. Cotto dropped Clottey from a jab in round 1. Accidental butt, he had opportunity anytime after the 4th to complain about the cut and let it go to the scorecards which would have had him ahead. But he didn't.

Forget it dude. Logic is wasted on "haters". It's like pissing into the wind.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow... all this wisdom gathered from watching a boxer with two WHOLE defeats in his career. And one to a plaster-gloved cheater. Amazing. I know you're hell-bent on declaring Cotto a "quitter" in your inmense boxing wisdom... but you (and your groupies) are in a distinct minority. Fact of the matter is... fighters go into "survival mode", as you put it, sometimes while they gather their wits and are coming up with a new game plan. And how a fighter goes into that mode varies from fighter to fighter. Unlike you'd have us all believe, not all fighters throw caution to the wind and let the chips fall where they may. Some clinch... some sway... some back up more... some resort to fouling. Part of boxing, my thuggish friend.

But what the hell. You're mind is made up... and so are the minds of the groupies that worship the ground you walk on.

I know your lust for Cotto is strong. So you feel the need to defend him no matter what. Fine. Whatever. But I have no doubt if it was Berto, Margarito or any one not named Cotto in there against Pac you would be saying they quit. Cuz the only game plan Cotto was trying to come up with when he started retreating was to either quit himself or have his corner do it for him.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that if Cotto can remain patient and use his feet, go for a walk now and then and keep Mayweather on the front foot, then that gives him more of an opportunity to score.

I expect to see Cotto backpedaling at least once around and thus making the fight a little bit of a boring one. And maybe a very hard one to score.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information