Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather Vs Cotto Predictions

Im sure alot of people are excited for this fight like I am. I know everyone says Mayweather will win and chances are he will, but I'm one that believes Cotto still has a shot. So he shouldn't be counted completely out. Either way I want to see what you guys think.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather Vs Cotto Predictions

Cotto's chances of victory are slim to none. He'll get punked and schooled just like Henry Bruseles but to a lesser extent. Floyd is going to disect him round by round and get em outa there late..

Cotto beat a handicap in Margo but let's not get too excited cuz him VS Floyd aint really a fight. haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Cotto's chances of victory are slim to none. He'll get punked and schooled just like Henry Bruseles but to a lesser extent. Floyd is going to disect him round by round and get em outa there late..

Cotto beat a handicap in Margo but let's not get too excited cuz him VS Floyd aint really a fight. haha
    Ya i can see floyd beating him easily if he stays away but if hes gonna be coming forward with his gaurd up like with mosley and ortiz i can see it being quite a fight....
    But let me get this straight, so without the use of plaster margarito is now considered handicapped? I thought that would've made it a fair fight...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather UD 9 rounds to 3. I'll be rooting for Cotto, but ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Abelardus View Post

Ya i can see floyd beating him easily if he stays away but if hes gonna be coming forward with his gaurd up like with mosley and ortiz i can see it being quite a fight....
    But let me get this straight, so without the use of plaster margarito is now considered handicapped? I thought that would've made it a fair fight...
    when a fighters eye closes by the 4th round he is handicapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem for Cotto is he doens't know how to fight off the back foot at all. Manny caught him repeatedly by moving backwards then coming in quickly and Cotto can't get out of the way. Mayweather on the oher hand is far more mobile, and when he moves out of Cotto range he will counter over count, around, underneath and Cotto won't be able to react quick enough. To make matters worse, Cotto doesn't actually have a huge arsenal of punches that will really hurt Mayweather, it's basically his left hook to the head or body, and like Oscar we might never see him land a solid one. I think mayweather has also stiffened up his jab a lot since then, and he has better learned how to stand his ground and comit more to the right hand. All in all Cotto could present some interesting challenges, but he will be a little too slow, and just technically outmatched like everyone else because they look for the wrong stuff to beat maweather.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So says a bitter Margo fan... LOL. Surprised you didn't predict a 1st round KO.

I think Floyd's rightfully favored in this fight. But unlike bitter Margo fans and Cotto haters, I feel it'll be a competitive, entertaining fight. Cotto has to fight the fight of his life, no doubt about it. But "punked and schooled"? And comparing Cotto to Henry Bruseles? What a load of shit. Oh well, expected nothing else. Time for the other groupies to chime in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

I think Floyd's rightfully favored in this fight. But unlike bitter Margo fans and Cotto haters, I feel it'll be a competitive, entertaining fight. Cotto has to fight the fight of his life, no doubt about it. But "punked and schooled"? And comparing Cotto to Henry Bruseles? What a load of shit. Oh well, expected nothing else. Time for the other groupies to chime in.

You dont have to be a Margarito fan to know that he was handicapped. If he wasnt Cotto wouldnt have faught him again. He did wait for Margarito's career to be completely destroyed and for him to look completely pathetic in his fights to fight im again. And Cotto will be punked and schooled against Mayweather. He wont be able to make it into a fight and he doesnt have the speed or the stamina to keep up with Mayweather.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the fight of the year for me. I know Floyd will win this 8 rounds 4 or even 9-3 but if Cotto can use his experience, dictate the tempo of the fight with his new found composure, I think he could possibly win another few more rounds at this weight, which makes it a pretty close and very interesting fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto looks old in a Mayweather WIDE UD.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is the fight of the year for me. I know Floyd will win this 8 rounds 4 or even 9-3 but if Cotto can use his experience, dictate the tempo of the fight with his new found composure, I think he could possibly win another few more rounds at this weight, which makes it a pretty close and very interesting fight.
    I believe the same if it goes to cards I got it 8-4 but I wouldn't be surprised if it got scored 7-5 or 9-3 I just like this fight very much I believe it'll be great and entertaining and fight of the year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I did not read past the first page and I believe I know why my favorite of the two, Cotto will not win. It's simple, he's tired and he has been in some really grueling fights and Floyd smells blood and that's all there is to it. If Miguel gets a chip on his shoulder and is really pissed off I don't see Floyd losing. Floyd can still take a beating if we get an ill tempered relentless Cotto banging Floyd's body and violating his F***ing will. Floyd should be backed into a corner and Miguel should be prepared to punch in bunches like a sprinter during a four hundred meter race. I am allowed to dream. Floyd is really good but he needs to feel the wrath of an equally skilled slugger that is not shot or lacks the desire to bombard this ill tempered, arrogant man named Floyd Mayweather.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather by wide decision, if he really wants it then a late KO
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

You dont have to be a Margarito fan to know that he was handicapped. If he wasnt Cotto wouldnt have faught him again. He did wait for Margarito's career to be completely destroyed and for him to look completely pathetic in his fights to fight im again. And Cotto will be punked and schooled against Mayweather. He wont be able to make it into a fight and he doesnt have the speed or the stamina to keep up with Mayweather.

You're not a groupie, so I'll treat your opinion differently. To your point about Margarito... Cotto didn't even want to fight him after he found out that he had tried to cheat against Mosley and had very likely cheated against him (once a cheater always a cheater). A natural reaction, don't you think? Eventually, he changed his mind. I'm sure he wanted to get that thorn off his side once and for all. So while you declare that Cotto's masterplan was to wait until Margarito was damaged goods to fight him again, I think you're going out on a thin limb there.

As for Cotto being "punked and schooled" (the "in" phrase for Floyd groupies and/or Cotto haters, I guess), who knows? Anything is possible in boxing. Cotto may not match up well with Mayweather. Lots of fighters haven't. Cotto doesn't need to prove anything else in his illustrious career. This would just be a feather in his cap. I will tell you, however, that Cotto showed remarkable adaptability in going back to his old boxing and moving style against Margafucko. He jabbed, he clinched at key moments, he pushed Margafucko back instead of letting it be done to him, and.... he chose his moments to engage in toe-to-toe exchanges with the cheater. All in all, a masterful performance. You may not think much of it, but your opinion is apparently not shared by those who put together the Cotto-PBF match. If not for Cotto's showing, they would've found some other opponent for Floyd.

I'm not going to sit here and predict a Cotto win. But I am going to say that most likely it will be a competitive, entertaining fight. Something Floyd against other opponents hasn't always given us fans. And IMHO, yes.... Cotto has a chance to pull off the upset.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post

You're not a groupie, so I'll treat your opinion differently. To your point about Margarito... Cotto didn't even want to fight him after he found out that he had tried to cheat against Mosley and had very likely cheated against him (once a cheater always a cheater). A natural reaction, don't you think? Eventually, he changed his mind. I'm sure he wanted to get that thorn off his side once and for all. So while you declare that Cotto's masterplan was to wait until Margarito was damaged goods to fight him again, I think you're going out on a thin limb there.

As for Cotto being "punked and schooled" (the "in" phrase for Floyd groupies and/or Cotto haters, I guess), who knows? Anything is possible in boxing. Cotto may not match up well with Mayweather. Lots of fighters haven't. Cotto doesn't need to prove anything else in his illustrious career. This would just be a feather in his cap. I will tell you, however, that Cotto showed remarkable adaptability in going back to his old boxing and moving style against Margafucko. He jabbed, he clinched at key moments, he pushed Margafucko back instead of letting it be done to him, and.... he chose his moments to engage in toe-to-toe exchanges with the cheater. All in all, a masterful performance. You may not think much of it, but your opinion is apparently not shared by those who put together the Cotto-PBF match. If not for Cotto's showing, they would've found some other opponent for Floyd.

I'm not going to sit here and predict a Cotto win. But I am going to say that most likely it will be a competitive, entertaining fight. Something Floyd against other opponents hasn't always given us fans. And IMHO, yes.... Cotto has a chance to pull off the upset.
    I'm gonna go with you hit the nail on the head there^^ lol

Thread Information