Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather Vs Cotto Predictions

Im sure alot of people are excited for this fight like I am. I know everyone says Mayweather will win and chances are he will, but I'm one that believes Cotto still has a shot. So he shouldn't be counted completely out. Either way I want to see what you guys think.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather Vs Cotto Predictions

Cotto's chances of victory are slim to none. He'll get punked and schooled just like Henry Bruseles but to a lesser extent. Floyd is going to disect him round by round and get em outa there late..

Cotto beat a handicap in Margo but let's not get too excited cuz him VS Floyd aint really a fight. haha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Cotto's chances of victory are slim to none. He'll get punked and schooled just like Henry Bruseles but to a lesser extent. Floyd is going to disect him round by round and get em outa there late..

Cotto beat a handicap in Margo but let's not get too excited cuz him VS Floyd aint really a fight. haha
    Ya i can see floyd beating him easily if he stays away but if hes gonna be coming forward with his gaurd up like with mosley and ortiz i can see it being quite a fight....
    But let me get this straight, so without the use of plaster margarito is now considered handicapped? I thought that would've made it a fair fight...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather UD 9 rounds to 3. I'll be rooting for Cotto, but ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Abelardus View Post

Ya i can see floyd beating him easily if he stays away but if hes gonna be coming forward with his gaurd up like with mosley and ortiz i can see it being quite a fight....
    But let me get this straight, so without the use of plaster margarito is now considered handicapped? I thought that would've made it a fair fight...
    when a fighters eye closes by the 4th round he is handicapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The problem for Cotto is he doens't know how to fight off the back foot at all. Manny caught him repeatedly by moving backwards then coming in quickly and Cotto can't get out of the way. Mayweather on the oher hand is far more mobile, and when he moves out of Cotto range he will counter over count, around, underneath and Cotto won't be able to react quick enough. To make matters worse, Cotto doesn't actually have a huge arsenal of punches that will really hurt Mayweather, it's basically his left hook to the head or body, and like Oscar we might never see him land a solid one. I think mayweather has also stiffened up his jab a lot since then, and he has better learned how to stand his ground and comit more to the right hand. All in all Cotto could present some interesting challenges, but he will be a little too slow, and just technically outmatched like everyone else because they look for the wrong stuff to beat maweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im sure alot of people are excited for this fight like I am. I know everyone says Mayweather will win and chances are he will, but I'm one that believes Cotto still has a shot. So he shouldn't be counted completely out. Either way I want to see what you guys think.
    Im completely counting Cotto out and not excited by this fight. The guy has such a small chance I cant even begin to think of him winning. His only chance is if he some how gets Mayweather with the best haymaker of the year and hope to god the ref counts fast. I dont see cotto with any chance of winning on points. The speed, technique and power are all on Mayweathers side. He is in a different league.
    Watch a recent Vlad Klitchko fight, very good comparison on how competetive this fight will be.
    My guess is an easy UD if Mayweather uses his normal style. And a KO if he fights him like he fought Ortiz.
    But I will stick with a wide UD with Mayweather winning by about 6 rounds.

Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm actually pretty excited over this fight and give Cotto every chance in the world early doors.. the first few rounds could be classic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd will be too good for Cotto and I see him winning 3 rounds max. Floyd by wide UD.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see the fight going a similar way to PBF v Hatton, competitive for the first 6 rds, then PBF pulling away in the second half of the fight.
    Cotto's gameplan is key.
    Coming up with an effective gameplan and executing it against PBF is not going to be easy, but hopefully he will.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    Im completely counting Cotto out and not excited by this fight. The guy has such a small chance I cant even begin to think of him winning. His only chance is if he some how gets Mayweather with the best haymaker of the year and hope to god the ref counts fast. I dont see cotto with any chance of winning on points. The speed, technique and power are all on Mayweathers side. He is in a different league.
    Watch a recent Vlad Klitchko fight, very good comparison on how competetive this fight will be.
    My guess is an easy UD if Mayweather uses his normal style. And a KO if he fights him like he fought Ortiz.
    But I will stick with a wide UD with Mayweather winning by about 6 rounds.
    Who would you be more excited to watch him fight?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Cotto needs to land his low blows early, work his way up to the body in the mid rounds and then close with the head.

In all honesty I think Cotto will start strong maybe even scoring a KD in the 2nd or 3rd round, after that Mayweather should dominate winning the fight 9-3

Cotto should also look at getting some judges from Texas.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So says a bitter Margo fan... LOL. Surprised you didn't predict a 1st round KO.

I think Floyd's rightfully favored in this fight. But unlike bitter Margo fans and Cotto haters, I feel it'll be a competitive, entertaining fight. Cotto has to fight the fight of his life, no doubt about it. But "punked and schooled"? And comparing Cotto to Henry Bruseles? What a load of shit. Oh well, expected nothing else. Time for the other groupies to chime in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

So says a bitter Margo fan... LOL. Surprised you didn't predict a 1st round KO.

I think Floyd's rightfully favored in this fight. But unlike bitter Margo fans and Cotto haters, I feel it'll be a competitive, entertaining fight. Cotto has to fight the fight of his life, no doubt about it. But "punked and schooled"? And comparing Cotto to Henry Bruseles? What a load of shit. Oh well, expected nothing else. Time for the other groupies to chime in.

You dont have to be a Margarito fan to know that he was handicapped. If he wasnt Cotto wouldnt have faught him again. He did wait for Margarito's career to be completely destroyed and for him to look completely pathetic in his fights to fight im again. And Cotto will be punked and schooled against Mayweather. He wont be able to make it into a fight and he doesnt have the speed or the stamina to keep up with Mayweather.
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the fight of the year for me. I know Floyd will win this 8 rounds 4 or even 9-3 but if Cotto can use his experience, dictate the tempo of the fight with his new found composure, I think he could possibly win another few more rounds at this weight, which makes it a pretty close and very interesting fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information