Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who has a better chance to pull off an upset?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Cotto or Bradley have a better chance at pulling off the upset?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Cotto or Bradley have a better chance at pulling off the upset?

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Bradley has much better chance, of course..

Cotto aint got a snowball's chance in hell.. Not only is he facing the greatest active fighter but he's fighting a man with 2 eyes...

Floyd-Cotto is one of the biggest mismatches ever..

Haven't gotten over the humiliating defeat by Margacheato, huh?

Too bad...... bro.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Cotto or Bradley have a better chance at pulling off the upset?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Bradley has much better chance, of course..

Cotto aint got a snowball's chance in hell.. Not only is he facing the greatest active fighter but he's fighting a man with 2 eyes...

Floyd-Cotto is one of the biggest mismatches ever..

Haven't gotten over the humiliating defeat by Margacheato, huh?

Too bad...... bro.
    u trippin..lol U gotta handle the truth .. This aint got nothing to do with Margarito but Floyd just has the style and the tools to dissect and beat Cotto's ass.. That's all im sayin bruh..

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely Tim Bradley. Pac is showing different kinds of chinks. He can't close down people who move and he struggles with effective countering. Bradley can do what he does well, learn from others and maybe even work his way to a decision. Cotto on the other hand is going to struggle to land anything clean all night. This isn't Margarito he is facing and Mayweather has already shown he can handle 154.

You seldom hit Mayweather clean, but it's not unusual to see Manny cut and I think that is likely against Bradley.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted Bradley because he is more complete and is closer to Pac's level.
    As opposed to Cotto who's been to hell & back and is not as close to PBF's level.

Thinking about it more though:
    Cotto has a bodyshot that can fold PBF.
    Bradley can only try to rough Pac up thru 12.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley and it's not even close imo. He is a fairly live dog to me, and at the least will put up a good scrap.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Pac is at his best he totally pummels the average Bradley , i think Cotto has more of a chance personally , as he is at a good weight for him , and Floyd as good as he is hasnt fought in a while.

Pac stops Bradley late .

Cotto gets outpointed , but i give him a chance.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley get's ko , and Cotto takes a hiding.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather has only fought four rounds in the last year, and he ended his last fight by throwing a cheap shot. You're giving the guy WAY too much credit.

His last opponent was shit, too. Ortiz has only had ONE good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    In my estimation, Bradley does. However, for those that believe Cotto does, I am curious to hear your reasoning.
    With only 41.3% ko rate, I don't think Bradley has a chance of pulling off an upset. He aint' gonna outbox Pac if that's what you're thinking. That's nowhere his gameplan. Hes gonna get timed and probably will get hurt badly.

Anyways. Cotto can execute a hail mary punch, and Bradley can't.

Yeah. Just like that. As simple as that.
    Bradley doesn't have the power to KO Pacquiao, but he has the stamina and physical strength to maul and pressure Manny to a decision win, Marquez hasn't come close to stopping Manny but he's whooped that ass 3 times already

Cotto has the weight advantage, has big fight experience, is using his technical ability a lot more in recent fights, has shown better stamina in recent fights, so IMO he has just as good a chance as anyone, that said Mayweather still wins
    /facepalm. I hate biased Mexicans.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It somewhat blows my mind that people are doubting Bradley. He's on p4p lists for a reason...

War Desert Storm!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It somewhat blows my mind that people are doubting Bradley. He's on p4p lists for a reason...

War Desert Storm!
    Ahem.

1 month sig bet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    In my estimation, Bradley does. However, for those that believe Cotto does, I am curious to hear your reasoning.
    With only 41.3% ko rate, I don't think Bradley has a chance of pulling off an upset. He aint' gonna outbox Pac if that's what you're thinking. That's nowhere his gameplan. Hes gonna get timed and probably will get hurt badly.

Anyways. Cotto can execute a hail mary punch, and Bradley can't.

Yeah. Just like that. As simple as that.
    Bradley doesn't have the power to KO Pacquiao, but he has the stamina and physical strength to maul and pressure Manny to a decision win, Marquez hasn't come close to stopping Manny but he's whooped that ass 3 times already

Cotto has the weight advantage, has big fight experience, is using his technical ability a lot more in recent fights, has shown better stamina in recent fights, so IMO he has just as good a chance as anyone, that said Mayweather still wins
    Umm..

l don't think so.

Technically, Pac won the first fight also. Judge Clements admittedly made a mistake on his scoring in round 1. FACT! Look it up.

Tsk!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chino, Manny fans will say it's a great win and those that hate Manny will say it wasn't because it was an easy fight. I guess it goes both ways and that is why you agree with PSL.

I'm a Desert Storm fan so you know where I stand.

I believe Bradley has a number of advantages over Manny: (1) he is fresher than Manny; (2) he can out-think Manny in the ring e.g. make adjustments on the fly; and (3) he is better defensively than Manny. His speed matches Manny or is close to Manny's. Bradley is in his prime and he is undefeated, which just means he doesn't know how to lose. He also has great stamina and will go strong for a full 12 rounds.

Manny isn't a big welterweight by any stretch of the imagination. In my estimation, Manny is more suited to junior welterweight. Bradley has fought at 147 before and was successful there. He didn't appear slower than he is at 140.

I believe Bradley is a live dog in this one. I sincerely do. I also said JMM was a live dog in Pacquiao's last fight where many posters here thought Pacquiao was picking on an old, has-been in JMM. Pacquiao destroys offensive fighters and fighters that are slower than him, but he has a tougher time with defensive fighters and fast fighters. Bradley can be both. I would be super impressed with Pacquiao if he dominated Bradley.

If you asked me to handicap it, I would say 60/40 Pac, or maybe 65/35 Pacquiao. Pac should be favored. He hits with punches that opponents don't see coming. As you pointed out, he could do that to Bradley and it would be lights out.

However, Chino, don't let your hatred for Pacquiao turn you off to Bradley as an opponent. On the contrary, root for Bradley because there is a real possibility Pacquiao will be swept away by the Desert Storm in June. If you loathe Pacquiao with such verocity, surely Pacquiao being defeated by anyone is something you can support. I guarantee Bradley has a decent shot of pulling off the upset.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Pac pretty much dominating Bradley, but there's a good chance that Cotto will be competitive with Floyd. Because, Mayweather hasn't been an 'active' fighter the last 5 years, and Cotto figures to land some heavy punches. Question is, if the fight turns into a war of attrition, can Floyd handle that, and/or how will he react if he gets hit with a big shot? I believe Cotto will test his chin.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

War Desert Storm!
    Ahem.

1 month sig bet?
    PSL - you've seen my posts before so you know I don't dislike Manny and he's not one of my favorite fighters at the same time.

I handicap this fight as approximately 60/40 Manny so I'm not sure I'll go with a straight bet here. I'll need to really analyze it a bit more. We could bet that Bradley does a better job than Cotto?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    i voted bradley

thing is, since the fights both lb4lb'ers had with JMM (obviously pacs more recent one) mayweather has been put on even more of a platform

i think if cotto has anything left he is the best fighter mayweather has faced for a long while

and cotto is being written off mainly coz of the way pac took care of him
    Absolutely KILLS me to say this...but..you're right

This is exactly why people think Bradley has more chance. I still think Cotto is a much better fighter than Bradley is, so based on that I voted Cotto.

The last performances of both Floyd and Pacquaio have separated the two in many people's eyes and that's why the fight seems closer than it is.

For me Floyd is going into territory where he didn't look his best (154) and Bradley is going up to 147 (where the first and last time he did, he didn't look great I hear) - Cotto has more experience, better C.V, weight advantage. He is just facing the better opponent.

I still would favour him to trouble Floyd more than Bradley will Pac. I think Pac will have one of those nights against Bradley where he looks a million bucks. I could be wrong of course.

The voting says more about what people think of the skills of Mayweather and Pacquiao rather than their two opponents IMO.

I'm looking forward to both fights - They're both good scraps.

Thread Information