Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Haye vs Chisora. will it happen?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye vs Chisora. will it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post

I never noticed before but around the 2:36 mark Haye starts elbowing Chisora's back.

we used to call that an MP at school, dunno why
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Unified champs move up a division, often straight into a title shot - people don't bat an eyelid.

Haye does it and people are upset and don't think he deserved it. I love how in any other weight class its fine to move up into big fights... But Haye was expected to start his record again from scratch?

People (understandably) dislike Haye and like Erics says this sometimes causes them to come up with clouded judgments.

Wlad was awful against Haye and his latest 'fight' is one of the worst match ups ever made in boxing. I hope his next fight is great because he's hardly on a career high right now is he?
    It is much, much different with the Cruiserweights moving up into Heavyweight, my friend. The difference between light welterweight and welterweight is a mere seven pounds.

The difference between heavyweight and cruiserweight is anything between ten to one-hundred pounds. The lightest the Klitschkos are going to come in is at 240 lbs. A fighter shouldn't be making a beeline from 200lb opponents straight to one that is 240.

But I don't see a big deal, either. It's not like we've got many challengers in the heavyweight division.
    It's actually anywhere from 1lb to infite...

But yeah, you said it yourself... not many challengers in the HW division, so even less of a 'line' for Haye to get in and work through.

What gets me is how polarised people are... they'll say that Haye wasn't a real heavyweight, but judge him as if he were one against Wlad.

He's was either an out matched and out weighed cruiserweight who did the best he could against Wlad with all of the odds stacked against him... or he was a real heavyweight who put on a weak showing.

People seem to want it both ways though, not only was Haye not a real Heavyweight... but he had no reason to box so negatively against Wlad? (other than not deserving to be at heavyweight)

...and please don't say "yeah but he said this and said that". We're boxing fans, we know how this shit works when it comes to selling a fight.

Either Haye deserves slating for how he fought Wlad, or Wlad does for even sharing a ring with Haye (see also: 'Mormeck')

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unified champs move up a division, often straight into a title shot - people don't bat an eyelid.

Haye does it and people are upset and don't think he deserved it. I love how in any other weight class its fine to move up into big fights... But Haye was expected to start his record again from scratch?

People (understandably) dislike Haye and like Erics says this sometimes causes them to come up with clouded judgments.

Wlad was awful against Haye and his latest 'fight' is one of the worst match ups ever made in boxing. I hope his next fight is great because he's hardly on a career high right now is he?
    It is much, much different with the Cruiserweights moving up into Heavyweight, my friend. The difference between light welterweight and welterweight is a mere seven pounds.

The difference between heavyweight and cruiserweight is anything between ten to one-hundred pounds. The lightest the Klitschkos are going to come in is at 240 lbs. A fighter shouldn't be making a beeline from 200lb opponents straight to one that is 240.

But I don't see a big deal, either. It's not like we've got many challengers in the heavyweight division.
    It's actually anywhere from 1lb to infite...

But yeah, you said it yourself... not many challengers in the HW division, so even less of a 'line' for Haye to get in and work through.

What gets me is how polarised people are... they'll say that Haye wasn't a real heavyweight, but judge him as if he were one against Wlad.

He's was either an out matched and out weighed cruiserweight who did the best he could against Wlad with all of the odds stacked against him... or he was a real heavyweight who put on a weak showing.

People seem to want it both ways though, not only was Haye not a real Heavyweight... but he had no reason to box so negatively against Wlad? (other than not deserving to be at heavyweight)

...and please don't say "yeah but he said this and said that". We're boxing fans, we know how this shit works when it comes to selling a fight.

Either Haye deserves slating for how he fought Wlad, or Wlad does for even sharing a ring with Haye (see also: 'Mormeck')
    ha, an intelligent point of view well done

One point i never argue in this situation is (and im gonna argue it now), hayes performance was very negative yes and very disapointing, but wlad was also very negative too, he did a lot of holding anytime there was any heat, if haye didnt stay on the end of his punches he held on (as always)

but it is accepted because it is wlad and thats how he always fights, haye gets the abuse because he regularly said he was gonna knock his head off and he didnt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    what did david haye do?
    He talked the talk but didn't walk the walk, simply enough. He's not earned his right to talk the way he does.
    so you hate him?

you sound like a right twot
    Of course I hate him. He's a disgrace to the sport, and you can't prove otherwise.
    you cant prove he is
    I already have.

not in the real world

I'll restate what I said.

Haye is a disgrace to the sport of boxing because:

1. He fought for a title from shit Valuev, who Oldyfield had schooled.
    2. He defended his title by fighting Audley Harrison in a very disappointing fight.
    3. He talked up a fight with the Klitschkos for years before running scared in the actual fight. He then blamed his toe.
    4. He has showed no interest in giving the fans the fights that we want to see.

Justify any of those for me, buddy.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could happen, could be "big" in the UK but it doesn't grab my interest one second, I'd rather see Haye fighting Adamek or perhaps Adamek-Chisora could be an interesting scrap too.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

2. He defended his title by fighting Audley Harrison in a very disappointing fight.
    3. He talked up a fight with the Klitschkos for years before running scared in the actual fight. He then blamed his toe.

ha, youre a disgrace

I sometimes thank my lucky stars that the internet wasnt around when i was a teenager coz i would have some stoopid shit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha, youre a disgrace

I sometimes thank my lucky stars that the internet wasnt around when i was a teenager coz i would have some stoopid shit
    Oh, an insult?

I thought we were having a discussion that exchanged points of views. I thought maybe you'd had a point that I hadn't previously considered.

You might have some case about how it's just fantastic that you didn't have internet when you were a teenager, but you still need to grow up.

Jackass.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what did david haye do?
    He talked the talk but didn't walk the walk, simply enough. He's not earned his right to talk the way he does.
    so you hate him?

Of course I hate him. He's a disgrace to the sport, and you can't prove otherwise.
    you cant prove he is
    I already have.

not in the real world

1. Haye strategically beat a title holder which gave him leverage against the Klits because we all know that the brothers keep the majority of the purse and pay peanuts to the challenger
    2. You conveniently forget that he beat the mandatory number 1, John Ruiz and stopped him in good fashion, something only Tua was able to do. You cannot blame Haye for Audley inept performance.
    3. Haye should be rightly be condemned for his performance against Wlad.
    4. Haye wants to make his money and go, no one should have issue with that.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    what did david haye do?
    so you hate him?

you cant prove he is
    I already have.

not in the real world

1. Haye strategically beat a title holder which gave him leverage against the Klits because we all know that the brothers keep the majority of the purse and pay peanuts to the challenger
    2. You conveniently forget that he beat the mandatory number 1, John Ruiz and stopped him in good fashion, something only Tua was able to do. You cannot blame Haye for Audley inept performance.
    3. Haye should be rightly be condemned for his performance against Wlad.
    4. Haye wants to make his money and go, no one should have issue with that.
    1. Fair point. Right you are.
    2. Credit for stopping John Ruiz. But in what way was Audley a legitimate challenger?
    3. Alrighty, then.
    4. Boxing fans give him that money, and it's his responsibility to walk the walk after talking the talk. It's all good and well to go through with a fight for the money, but it's another thing to keep talking as if you won the fight. He might have earned that money, but he's lost a lot of respect for talking when it isn't his place to talk.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, an insult?

I thought we were having a discussion that exchanged points of views. I thought maybe you'd had a point that I hadn't previously considered.

You might have some case about how it's just fantastic that you didn't have internet when you were a teenager, but you still need to grow up.

Jackass.
    Ha mate, i dont know how many times you have insulted me during the few conversations we have had, including this post above

And big man, i have given my point of view over and over again but you are far to bitter about the situation to see things clearly

And wise owl, read point one and have a good think about what you are saying, - david haye is a disgrace to boxing because he won the world title against someone who (in your opinion) wasnt the most tallented of champions

I mean cummon man, is it really worth me to continue the debate?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha, youre a disgrace

Oh, an insult?

Jackass.
    Slim, "erics44" is a troll, pure and simple. The quicker you put him on ignore, the happier your experience in this forum will be.

(erics44, don't bother replying -- i won't see it unless it gets re-quoted in someone else's post.)

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

ha, youre a disgrace

Oh, an insult?

Jackass.
    Slim, "erics44" is a troll, pure and simple. The quicker you put him on ignore, the happier your experience in this forum will be.

(erics44, don't bother replying -- i won't see it unless it gets re-quoted in someone else's post.)
    What a silly thing to say.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

You'll just have to hope that nobody quotes him or sends you a private message from him then, won't you?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The question will Haye take the fight. I think for enough money anybody will do anything. The only way it doesn't happen if Vitali makes an offer as well. I would love to see Haye vs Chisora. I hope it happens soon.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right, they are all chasing the money, it is a professional sport after all.

To his credit Chis sweated blood and put in a good (losing) performance against a dwindling and ageing Vitali.

To his discredit he (with undoubtedly Warrens guidance) kicked off the scene in Germany to raise media interest.

So does that make it right that Chis gets matched with a two time world champion? On the back of three losses?

The sanctioning bodies were enough of a joke before this started, more so now.

David has made his money, ok there was a dissapointing last fight, debated elsewhere, these things happen.

He has time to dwell, and maybe fight again, and I'm sure he will choose the right level to come back at, if he does. But I'm not sure that level is fighting a car dealer from essex, with no serious pedigree, just to keep Warren afloat for another 6 months before he finally goes tits up. He's a bad promoter, has ripped us off for years and might as well be called the chairman of the WBO.

We're all doomed!!!

Thread Information