Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Haye vs Chisora. will it happen?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye vs Chisora. will it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Thats all fair enough; I just felt it was cheesy the way Haye actually fought the polar opposite fight to the one he was talking up for so long. He was easily more boring than Wlad aside from half of a round, yet had given his opponent that tag for so long leading up and preached about how he was personally out to change this. I know it stupid to buy into hype, it was just to sell the fight, and in truth he has seemed like a perfectly reasonable dude in any candid interview I've seen with him. Still, a shred of accountability doesn't hurt. He never went for it and had no problem losing a decision, he is a fighter at the end of the day.

the amount of holding wlad did in the fight im not sure haye was more boring, I think they both contributed the same to the boringness of the fight and i think its just everyone expected more from haye, but i suppose that is just opinion

i personally think he believed he would do it but realised just how big and strong wlad was and couldnt get past his long reach and when he did he couldnt get past the hug

I also think that was his first fight of that magnitude, relatively haye was the novice, and i think given another chance he may give a lot better account of himself, even more so if he had a few more fights at hw first

he isnt gonna do that, and he doesnt deserve another chance at the minute but the whole thing hasnt clouded my judgement about his skills as a boxer, he is still probably the most dangerous opponent for both klits
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Thats all fair enough; I just felt it was cheesy the way Haye actually fought the polar opposite fight to the one he was talking up for so long. He was easily more boring than Wlad aside from half of a round, yet had given his opponent that tag for so long leading up and preached about how he was personally out to change this. I know it stupid to buy into hype, it was just to sell the fight, and in truth he has seemed like a perfectly reasonable dude in any candid interview I've seen with him. Still, a shred of accountability doesn't hurt. He never went for it and had no problem losing a decision, he is a fighter at the end of the day.

the amount of holding wlad did in the fight im not sure haye was more boring, I think they both contributed the same to the boringness of the fight and i think its just everyone expected more from haye, but i suppose that is just opinion

i personally think he believed he would do it but realised just how big and strong wlad was and couldnt get past his long reach and when he did he couldnt get past the hug

I also think that was his first fight of that magnitude, relatively haye was the novice, and i think given another chance he may give a lot better account of himself, even more so if he had a few more fights at hw first

he isnt gonna do that, and he doesnt deserve another chance at the minute but the whole thing hasnt clouded my judgement about his skills as a boxer, he is still probably the most dangerous opponent for both klits
    I agree. People let the hype cloud their judgement about the reality of the fight. When was the last time Wlad had to fight so cautiously and was made to miss so many of his shots? Usually the opponents stand there with gloves high and just take punishment right through their guard.

Although Haye did not lend much action, he did get in a few hits, and you could see Wlad start reacting later on, by jumping quite far back on a few occasions. You see he wasn't going to take any chances. Haye should have used the jab more, because it actually did work! No kidding. (Don't believe me? Rewatch the fight) When was the last time one of Wlad's shorter opponents actually managed to land jabs to his face? Personally I cannot recall.

If Haye was guilty of anything, it was that he did not throw enough punches, ..and fell down a few too many times. But we all know Haye doesn't usually have a high work rate. No surprise there really. But there were a few times when he could have taken advantage of Wlad's knee jerk over reaction to punches that were not even going to land, but I dont think his head was in the game enough to have noticed and reacted quickly.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

chisora has had his licence taken off him indefinently or something along those lines... Bit harsh but I am sure it will be reduced.. So no haye for chisora any time soon...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

chisora would chop him down like the tree with a sore toe that he is!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This also rules out Haye fighting Vitali in England, as they will not license him to fight over here
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    If you didn't pay for it you have absolutely no right to say squat about being ripped off. I paid to watch Haye fight Wlad, which he did for 12 rounds, after 2 years of both brothers avoiding him and stopping fight fans seeing the fight they wanted. Haye may have got on his bike after saying he was going to bring it but this is Boxing and he is not the first and will not be the last to BS in order to seal a deal. The Haye haters need to get some perspective, he made much shorter work of Chisora than Vitali despite being much smaller and then had his trainer for afters. Wlad again takes forever to finish a guy who doesn't throw a punch, and as a cruiserweight had no right to be in there with him. Haye fights a bigger but similarly gun shy foe in Audley and finally finishes him but only Haye cops any flak. The huge Klitchsko brothers are the ones playing everyone, but hell lets have a go at a retired cruiserweight who defended himself against a nutter and went 12 rounds with an inept clumsy heavyweight.

You PAID for that sorry spectacle? Damn bro.... I'm sorry to hear that.

Thread Information