I was under the impression to call yourself a champion, you are the best in your sport, No.1.
Whether that be football, boxing, cycling or whatever.

In this thread you have people saying Haye was HW champion, I heard the news and I follow boxing, seen him fight Valvez I even seen him do dozens of interviews with a belt.

I even looked a numerous rankings for the heavyweight division, most said he was 3rd ranked heavyweight, a strange few even placed him 2nd ranked heavyweight in the world.

Why because he was never No.1 in the boxings fans eyes.
He kept running his mouth off at the Klitschos, and he got the "real" world title fight against Wlad.

But he lost his bottle in the publicity and behaved like a scared little child, he threw insults and temper tantrums.
Wlad was pure class even before a punch had been thrown.

Wlad is not the most exciting fighter in the world, but he is arguably the No.1 boxer at heavyweight for many years.
Haye got his shot, and even before the fight he announced his retirement and got beat.
But still will not shut the fuck up.

Boxing is a man's sport and you risk your life in the ring, if you beat the best you are not just a winner you are a CHAMPION, the most prestigious honour is to beat the heavyweight champion, then you can be called the heavyweight champion of the world.

Better than anyone on the planet in one of the oldest and most respected sports.
You name will be written in the history books and you will be compared to all the greats.

So excuse me when I can not stomach the thought of any adult with boxing knowledge who calls Haye a HW champion.
There is actually a word for Haye, a paper champion, because he was only even a champion on paper.

But before we judge Haye to harshly lets look at his reign as a paper champion.
Who did he fight to call himself no.1 in the world

Valuez A giant who had beat Ruiz for the Title then struggled against an ageing Holyfield
Ruiz A man who lost to Valuez, but still a decent boxer
Audley Harrison Absolute disgrace

Valuez was a paper champion with one championship defence against 46 year old Holyfield.