Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post

Cruiser Weight champ, yes but that is still many rungs down the ladder from being HW champ.

Heavy Weight champion, only just in name he avoided the two biggest fighters Wlad and Vitali
Only later to be outclassed by Wlad in both the press conferences and the fight.

Even Buster Douglas, beat the undisputed HW champion, something Haye has never done.
avoid wlad and vitali yet he fought wlad? in his boxing home?

and haye doesnt have it because he didnt equal the single biggest upset in hw boxing history?

cummon man you can do better than that cant you?
Well it is hard to justify calling him a HW champion, because he avoided to two best ranked heavyweights.
He got a belt, but he didn't beat a top HW fighter, he was not even the best fighter in Europe nevermind the world.
Since when does beating the third? best HW, make you champion.

When he did fight one of the two top ranked HW for the past ten years, he lost.
Not much a a heavy weight champion there.

Buster beat the undisputed HW champion, so did Hasim Rahman, something Haye will never achieve.
As for his very short reign as a HW champion of the world ,
He fought Ruiz then Ordinary Harrison, then he got beat and retired.

Not what I would call a champion, Ruiz was ranked a still giving good performances.

I am not expecting every HW to be a lineal champion, but I expect them to beat the best fighters in the division, before they can claim to be the best.

The Klitschos have been a dominate force in the HW for the past ten years to side step them, beat "another" fighter then wear a belt and claim you are the best fighter in the world.

It just does not add up.

So when people claim Haye was a HW champion, who did he beat to earn that title, Valuev just does not cut the mustard, then Ruiz, Ordinary then he got beat.