Thread: Adrian Broner - good future?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrian Broner - good future?

Looks like Broner is hated for his arrogance which is a good think for him when making fights as he will be the bad guy that everyone wants to see beat. It means people are interested in his fights and will turn on to see him lose. A ploy that has worked well for Floyd, Eubanks and Naz. Broner is a good fighter, so at the meoment I am sitting on the fence if I support him or not. He could be a future p4p best fighter of the next generation or just another average but well managed fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Looks like Broner is hated for his arrogance which is a good think for him when making fights as he will be the bad guy that everyone wants to see beat. It means people are interested in his fights and will turn on to see him lose. A ploy that has worked well for Floyd, Eubanks and Naz. Broner is a good fighter, so at the meoment I am sitting on the fence if I support him or not. He could be a future p4p best fighter of the next generation or just another average but well managed fighter.
    I need to think a bit more because of Broner's performance against De Leon and because he seemed a lot bigger than Perez. I favor him against everyone at 130, even Uchiyama, although that would be an interesting fight. I am also intrigued to see what Broner can do at lightweight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the fight Saturday night and I was beginning to wonder if Perez was just a tuneup for someone else or did Broner predict that particular Saturday night would be boring unless he had a fight to pass the time. He was too strong and too fast and Broner didn't learn a thing. He is good but not really tested.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll be protected and marketed for a while. His act will get stale. The roy jones rap thing, the floyd interview... This kid's ego will spend all his money before he makes it. I can only hope before that, someone spots the opportunity to get their left foot outside his and drop a left hook around his glove or a right over the top of the jab when he brings it back low. Both begging to be landed. he shows no respect to his opponents and talks crap while he got these hangers on mugging for the camera too. Its all a show and it will eventually come to an end...We're all just hoping to be there when it does.

I wouldn'd mind him getting force fed that same slice of humble pie that coordington choked on courtesy of Allen green.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's cocky and his name is broner? ironic considering I thought a broner was what jocks got in the showers after working up a bit of a bro sweat in the gym?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner is a horrid Floyd Wannabe. He is not as fast as the delusional think. Sitting back on the rope pretending to shoulder roll and get hit won't work against someone who can actually punch. His resume is garbage and he lost to Ponce which was less then a year ago. He's ducking and dodging everyone he can. If there are no fights at 130lbs then you better believe he will stay at that weight. He could easily fight at 140lbs and close to it like he has SEVERAL times. But they need to keep him out of the ring with anyone who has a live chance.

2011 he weighed in at 134.5 TWICE
    2010 he weighed in at 134, 136.5, 137

2009 he weighed in at 140, 141

This dude is going to stay at 130lbs as long as he can.

Broner will get his ass handed to him and humbled as soon as the powers that be demand more from him. He will eventually be served up to someone to get an ass whoopin

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He needs to move up to LW cuz he looks big as hell at 130 and dude seems to have some unfair advantage there..

Perez himself isn't a small 130 but he looked tiny as hell against Broner.. He needs to face people his own size. Move up and test the water against Anthony Peterson or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im getting visions of Broner and donaire being the two top pound for pound fighters in the fiture and not fighting each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We just have to wait and see how Broner fights off his back foot more. Footwork problems and the like won't show up too much for a guy with his speed and power until he has to move and box, then we will see what he is made out of. Moving forward he is incredible, great defense, combinations, counter punching, even a solid jab when he decides to stick it. I think he makes a lot less mistakes then many people seen to think, and IMO from what I've seen he is far less mechanical than Berto, way better defensively, but Mayweather does a bunch of things, including fighting on the inside that I haven't seen too much of from Broner. Berto looked really good until guys could get in his chest and force him wide stance to be a problem(Ortiz, Collazo). Broner having a wide stance on the outside is fine, but we need to see if he makes the outjustments necessary to be a successful inside fight. Floyd does all the small adjustments on the inside. If Broner can do those things then he will be the next Floyd, maybe even more athletically gifted. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that he is that well rounded, his trainer seems to be good at what he does, so I'll keep hoping that the next generation has this level of fighter who isn't just winning but is flashy and terrifically skilled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He needs to move up to LW cuz he looks big as hell at 130 and dude seems to have some unfair advantage there..

Perez himself isn't a small 130 but he looked tiny as hell against Broner.. He needs to face people his own size. Move up and test the water against Anthony Peterson or something.
    Broner did seem like he was fighting a flyweight. But before the kis move up, try to unfied the titles in his division. At least try, even if the other champions don't want that kind of "PROBLEM"! Other then that, and as much as Chris John don't need Broner cause he is already a HOFer, I would love to see that. Besides, if he can stay at 130 for at least another year, Lopez(if he defeat Salido) is ready to move up in weight classes.

Or fight someone just as raw and annoying as he is, Hank Lundy at 135!!!

Thread Information