Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch vs Bute May 12th in England

Should be a good fight. I'm picking Bute to win this one, even though Froch is tough I still think he's going to walk onto 1 too many uppercuts and lose by late stoppage.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

bute will not hit froch with anymore than one or two uppercuts

reminds me of the froch v abraham thread
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As always Im predicting a Froch loss. Think he could get battered.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Bute was gassed and knocked out. Hometown cooking saved his soul that night.

Froch went down one time against Taylor and knocked his man out. It was far more impressive than Bute flailing all over the place against Andrade.

Bute only fights people after everyone else has eaten them first. I don't rate him highly.

Also I don't do sig bets as I refuse to take down Ian McKellan who is a lovely man.
    Ahhh! Thought David Bellamy was looking like an aids victim

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Bute was gassed and knocked out. Hometown cooking saved his soul that night.

Froch went down one time against Taylor and knocked his man out. It was far more impressive than Bute flailing all over the place against Andrade.

Bute only fights people after everyone else has eaten them first. I don't rate him highly.

Also I don't do sig bets as I refuse to take down Ian McKellan who is a lovely man.
    Why do you blame Bute for what you perceive as the Ref's mistake?

Did you commend Bute for knocking Andrade clean out with a vicious body shot in their rematch? A rematch, may I add, that a lesser sportsman, might have avoided for fear of falling into the same problems as in the first fight?

What did you make of Bute's win over Bika (before Ward faced him), or his 12-0 win over Johnson?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can we all take a step away for a second to realize that Bute is (1) taking a fight against Froch, the number 3-4 super middleweight, (2) outside of his lucrative Showtime contract (3) in Froch's hometown of Nottingham? To top it off, Bute is the champion! (4) As the champ, he doesn't have to go anywhere. Frankly, you can't ask for anything more from a champion. It's the kind of move that should make fans. Froch did the same type of thing when he came to the US to face Taylor as the champion, and it made me a Froch fan. Even those that dislike Bute-Finito, Erics44, Miles, among others-must credit Bute here.

Erics44 - How about a sigbet, my good man?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Credit Bute for doing all this, as he does not need to make these concessions. I do not think Froch brings much fans to the table that Bute can. It will be good for Froch to beat Bute and carry him enough to ensure there is a rematch is Canada, so that he can finish him off over there and get paid twice to do it. Froch will then rematch against Kessler.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Can we all take a step away for a second to realize that Bute is (1) taking a fight against Froch, the number 3-4 super middleweight, (2) outside of his lucrative Showtime contract (3) in Froch's hometown of Nottingham? To top it off, Bute is the champion! (4) As the champ, he doesn't have to go anywhere. Frankly, you can't ask for anything more from a champion. It's the kind of move that should make fans. Froch did the same type of thing when he came to the US to face Taylor as the champion, and it made me a Froch fan. Even those that dislike Bute-Finito, Erics44, Miles, among others-must credit Bute here.
    This!

I bet on Bute. I'Ve never say Froch dealing with such a fast, powerful and efficient "long range" boxer.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont dislike him matey, in fact i quite like him, he has an exciting style, you usually get fireworks

he's just massively overrated, people are getting well ahead of themselves with him, ive seen it so many times before when a fighter looks good against the second and third tier of fighters and then comes up against someone at the top and comes unstuck

it will be the easiest sig ive ever won

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and yeah full credit to him for travelling, i am pretty sure Ward would never have agreed to this fight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Glad to see this fight happening after all. Bute may win, but Froch will give him all he can handle. Who has Bute really fought with this type of resume as Froch has. Plus he's at home, going to be a good fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by MMASUX View Post
    Glad to see this fight happening after all. Bute may win, but Froch will give him all he can handle. Who has Bute really fought with this type of resume as Froch has. Plus he's at home, going to be a good fight.
    As much as I'm a fan of Bute's, I couldn't agree more. Froch is a live dog in this fight, and if there's a knock on Bute's style of fighting, it's his chin and his stamina, and Froch can punch and has great stamina. Bute is rightly favored, but Froch has the ability to pull the upset. Froch needs to take this to the later rounds and hope Bute fatigues. He needs to work the body to aid that gameplan. Maybe the Ward loss actually improved Froch. Never know.

I didn't credit Froch in my last post when I was crediting Bute. He could take a breather like Ward appears to be doing after such an exhausting stretch of opponents in the S6, but instead he's getting right back in there with the second best in the division. He is just head-to-toe, smack full of mettle.

I've thought that this is the fight that would happen after the S6 finished for some time now. I'm glad that it is coming to fruition.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 03-01-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely, credit to Bute for taking the fight.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow! They've actually confirmed this. Bute must be getting shitloads.

What a weird fight. Bute - the stay at home champion - travels to fight Froch - the fight anyone anywhere challenger.

(whoever wins the "robbery" threads will be epic. I'm gonna love this.)
    Last edited by Fenster; 03-02-2012 at 01:11 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Wow! They've actually confirmed this. Bute must be getting shitloads.

What a weird fight. Bute - the stay at home champion - travels to fight Froch - the fight anyone anywhere - challenger.

(whoever wins the "robbery" threads will be epic. I'm gonna love this.)
    Boxingscene says the fight will be May 26 (Bute-Froch Clash Finalized For May 26th in Nottingham - Boxing News). I find it a little odd that there has been nothing about this at all on The Ring, ESPN, Yahoo, Boxingtalk, etc.

Edit: spoke too soon - http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/171769-bute-froch
    Last edited by shza; 03-02-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Thread Information