Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is there anything more boring/depressing

Im the same these days, drink for taste with meals, never to get totally altered by it anymore. I love being straight I enjoy the time difference overall, straight seems to stretch out time longer.

Funny though, when I'm watching a good western I sometimes have a straight shot along with them.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I get your meaning though,for people to follow them and worship them 'as stars' because they can act or sing is mindlessness in itself, without the dumb crap they do to themselves and others around them.

Its good anyway; the more people in the cinemas and at concerts the less out in the surf or up on mountains .
    You can be your own worst enemy, i'm convinced that the reason people do alcohol and drugs in excess is they don't like themselves or the way they are. Think about it, if you've got your shit together mentally & physically, a good wife/GF, et al, why do you need to be fucking yourself up with drugs and alcohol?

I respect the accomplishments of others, many do things that I could only dream of doing, but worship them? No way jose, I like my own life just fine.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Im the same these days, drink for taste with meals, never to get totally altered by it anymore. I love being straight I enjoy the time difference overall, straight seems to stretch out time longer.

Funny though, when I'm watching a good western I sometimes have a straight shot along with them.
    Every time I watch "The Bridge on the River Kwai", i've gotta have a couple shots of Johnny Walker Red. lmao

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Funny too, some people on the outside appear to have it all going for them but then suicide the whole life style down the gurgler like lemmings going over a cliff.

Then they are even more famous

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Show me someone who's staying fucked up all the time on drugs/alcohol, and i'll show you a selfish piece of shit that loathes himself and doesn't care about his family.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think celebrity culture and the way senseless hordes slather all over fucked up famous people is wrong, but to say that someone who uses alcohol or drugs excessively doesn't care about family is wrong. Everyone in the UK binge drinks or takes drugs and I imagine America is quite similar. It isn't just a celebrity thing. Are we to just denigrate them all and just ignore the societal aspects and the personality issues behind such behavior too?

Substance abuse is often a shield for other underlying problems and I agree that it isn't good. But you have done it and so have I and so we shouldn't take it out on others who simply haven't realised that hiding in booze and drugs isn't the answer. For some people it takes longer to work out, some never do.

For me the most depressing aspect is the so called war on drugs. It's a lost cause and clearly it is time to realise that a new strategy is needed. The blackmarket operates in billions of dollars. You might as well tax it and regulate it. Having alcohol in the supermarket but not be able to use weed freely is a farce. I wouldn't use weed and don't even want to drink anymore, but you need consistency.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We cant blame the pub for the wino or even the winos ex whatever the hell she got up to ; the wino chose to hand over his money and his energy.[/QUOTE]

ıf you dont fuckıng stop talkıng bad about me I wıll report you to Saddo.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think celebrity culture and the way senseless hordes slather all over fucked up famous people is wrong, but to say that someone who uses alcohol or drugs excessively doesn't care about family is wrong. Everyone in the UK binge drinks or takes drugs and I imagine America is quite similar. It isn't just a celebrity thing. Are we to just denigrate them all and just ignore the societal aspects and the personality issues behind such behavior too?

Substance abuse is often a shield for other underlying problems and I agree that it isn't good. But you have done it and so have I and so we shouldn't take it out on others who simply haven't realised that hiding in booze and drugs isn't the answer. For some people it takes longer to work out, some never do.

For me the most depressing aspect is the so called war on drugs. It's a lost cause and clearly it is time to realise that a new strategy is needed. The blackmarket operates in billions of dollars. You might as well tax it and regulate it. Having alcohol in the supermarket but not be able to use weed freely is a farce. I wouldn't use weed and don't even want to drink anymore, but you need consistency.
    Everyone binge drinks or or takes drugs? I really doubt that Miles. Please tell me how an alcoholic isn't a selfish piece of shit who couldn't care less about his family.

As for the war on drugs, I agree with you, a total failure, and colossal waste of resources better spent elsewhere.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You just admitted to being an alcoholic who reformed. And yes, a lot of people do indulge. Too many. Sure they are selfish. But they also feel other things and it is a complicated process.

Don't look on high and criticize. It is hypocritical.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You just admitted to being an alcoholic who reformed. And yes, a lot of people do indulge. Too many. Sure they are selfish. But they also feel other things and it is a complicated process.

Being a former "drunk", i'm more critical of myself then I am of others, for the most part I don't look down on anybody, i'm just me, been there done that. In my case even though I was an alcoholic, I still provided well for my family, money was never a problem and i'd like to believe I was a good husband and a loving father.

The thing is, I was still being selfish staying drunk 3 or 4 days a week and i'm sure that at times I had to be miserable to live with. And even though I was a good enough provider, husband and father, I wanted to do better and give my family the very best of me.

Last edited by Mars_ax; 03-02-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

Being a former "drunk", i'm more critical of myself then I am of others, for the most part I don't look down on anybody, i'm just me, been there done that. In my case even though I was an alcoholic, I still provided well for my family, money was never a problem and i'd like to believe I was a good husband and a loving father.

The thing is, I was still being selfish staying drunk 3 or 4 days a week and i'm sure that at times I had to be miserable to live with. And even though I was a good enough provider, husband and father, I wanted to do better and give my family the very best of me.

Only one thing worse than a reformed drinker and thats a reformed drinker who likes country music

couldnt resist.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    We cant blame the pub for the wino or even the winos ex whatever the hell she got up to ; the wino chose to hand over his money and his energy.
    ıf you dont fuckıng stop talkıng bad about me I wıll report you to Saddo.[/QUOTE]

Heres your theme song:

Hahah love the lyrics .

Give me a five dollar and and overcoat too.
    give me a five dollar bill and a Florsheim shoe

Last edited by Andre; 03-02-2012 at 07:03 PM.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George put out some great drinking music, here's one of my favs:

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Went to a graduation event today which celebrated drug and alcohol users being addiction free. Some of them have been users for most of their lives and it was moving hearing their stories of struggles to stay away from drugs. One of the testimonies I heard was that until he could deal with the problem inside i.e. why he really used drugs, he would always remain an addict. Many use it to escape the abuse, harm and crap they have in their life. When they finally have the will, determination, courage and even luck to be abstinent and recover to move on with their lives and contribute positively to society that is best part of their life.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sad thing is, their celeb stock all rose after admitting they were drug addicts.

Charlie Sheen had faded out until his rampage

Would Amy Winwhouse have even been famous if she wasn't a wreck head?

Thread Information