Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is there anything more boring/depressing

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Im the same these days, drink for taste with meals, never to get totally altered by it anymore. I love being straight I enjoy the time difference overall, straight seems to stretch out time longer.

Funny though, when I'm watching a good western I sometimes have a straight shot along with them.
    Shit. You get into the mood, don't you?

As for me. I've used my fair share of drugs. But I made a promise to myself before hand to control myself. I set a limit on myself.

I started out with marijuana. Smoked a bit of that. Once a month at the most. Then I got my job at an old folks home, and they drug tested. Thankfully for me, the once a month restriction kept me on the straight side. It wasn't even a problem to quit smoking. I haven't smoked since October of 2010.

Drank a bit to replace weed. Once a month. I'm tired of it, now, and I haven't gotten shit faced since Christmas.

And I'm 17. If I can do it, anybody can.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    Im the same these days, drink for taste with meals, never to get totally altered by it anymore. I love being straight I enjoy the time difference overall, straight seems to stretch out time longer.

Funny though, when I'm watching a good western I sometimes have a straight shot along with them.

As for me. I've used my fair share of drugs. But I made a promise to myself before hand to control myself. I set a limit on myself.

I started out with marijuana. Smoked a bit of that. Once a month at the most. Then I got my job at an old folks home, and they drug tested. Thankfully for me, the once a month restriction kept me on the straight side. It wasn't even a problem to quit smoking. I haven't smoked since October of 2010.

Drank a bit to replace weed. Once a month. I'm tired of it, now, and I haven't gotten shit faced since Christmas.

You should not be doing it in the first place, stupid to start.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your young enough to fall off the wagon still yet! The tough times are yet to come mate.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Show me someone who's staying fucked up all the time on drugs/alcohol, and i'll show you a selfish piece of shit that loathes himself and doesn't care about his family.
    and chances are they weren't born that way..capiche?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've dabbled and I know myself. I had to stop everything - drinking included because - guess what - I really enjoyed the drugs I took. I spend enough money on make-up let alone getting another habit.

I liked it too much and could how I could easily let the feelings it gave me become addictive.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    The sad thing is, their celeb stock all rose after admitting they were drug addicts.

Charlie Sheen had faded out until his rampage

Would Amy Winwhouse have even been famous if she wasn't a wreck head?

Not so famous and maybe no so in sync with the feelings of the songs along the way.

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Went to a graduation event today which celebrated drug and alcohol users being addiction free. Some of them have been users for most of their lives and it was moving hearing their stories of struggles to stay away from drugs. One of the testimonies I heard was that until he could deal with the problem inside i.e. why he really used drugs, he would always remain an addict. Many use it to escape the abuse, harm and crap they have in their life. When they finally have the will, determination, courage and even luck to be abstinent and recover to move on with their lives and contribute positively to society that is best part of their life.
    If they are not taught how to deal with lifes downs, many of them revert when the shit hits the fan.

Like ex cigarette smokers, if they dont foresee and deal with some problems from the future before they occur and bring those inevitable problems into their full awareness before they arrive ,many revert.

Like a death in the family, loss of job, a pet, car accident, splitting from someone you care about etc.

If you can get them to visualize everything that would make them pick up again and deal with that (write them down and look at them over the week,) It gives them the recognition and choice to be stronger if the time arises .

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post

I've dabbled and I know myself. I had to stop everything - drinking included because - guess what - I really enjoyed the drugs I took. I spend enough money on make-up let alone getting another habit.

I liked it too much and could how I could easily let the feelings it gave me become addictive
    Addiction was never an issue for me, I proved that by totally quitting for 13 years. As for drugs, I was never too big into them, I basically just "outgrew" them, plus as I became a family man I didn't want to have drugs in my possession or around my wife and kids. I also didn't like the feeling that I was doing something, illegal or criminal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post

I liked it too much and could how I could easily let the feelings it gave me become addictive.
    I enjoyed the hell out of it when I did it too. Fact of the matter is that I never used it to deal with stress. No matter how much I enjoyed myself, I was always sure to stay true to my principals.

Somebody mentioned that hard times have yet to come, well they've been around. There was a time when I'd work 40 hour weeks while going to school, and that was a stress overload after about six months.

And now I'm going through a rough patch. I totalled my car last month, and I have to work, go to school, as well as participating in extracurricular activities. I'm not getting another car until I pay for it with my own money, and pay for my own insurance. So it'll be about a year. I leave home at 6:40 in the morning every morning, and don't quit working until I'm home at 8 that night. My life is good, but it's not easy.

I might be seventeen, but I've got ambitions that are above my own standards, and I'm always outdoing myself. It's a pain in my ass, but I don't know how to not do it.

That being said, no matter how rough shit has gotten for me, I've never looked at doing drugs more than once a month as an option.

It's willpower. All you have to do is apply yourself. It can be the hardest thing in the world for some people because addiction is a powerful monster, but it just has to be done. Such is life.

Some people die before they beat their addictions. My grandfather is an alcoholic, and he's been an alcoholic for so long that I don't think he remembers what it's like to live life without it.

But we don't know. We don't know what it's like to be any of these people. Nobody teaches moderation, do they? Moderation is absolutely key for this type of shit. We as a society label things as 'bad' when they're not bad. They simply need to be controlled.

If you eat McDonalds once a week, you'll be alright. McDonalds is bad for you if you eat it every day.

If you drink in moderation, you'll be alright. When you get shitfaced every night, that's when it becomes unhealthy.

and unfortunately since it's not taught, often times it becomes the sort of thing where you're either 100% without the shit, or you're 100% addicted and fucked.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get your meaning though,for people to follow them and worship them 'as stars' because they can act or sing is mindlessness in itself, without the dumb crap they do to themselves and others around them.

Its good anyway; the more people in the cinemas and at concerts the less out in the surf or up on mountains .
    You can be your own worst enemy, i'm convinced that the reason people do alcohol and drugs in excess is they don't like themselves or the way they are. Think about it, if you've got your shit together mentally & physically, a good wife/GF, et al, why do you need to be fucking yourself up with drugs and alcohol?

I respect the accomplishments of others, many do things that I could only dream of doing, but worship them? No way jose, I like my own life just fine.
    That's total bollox and very narrow minded.

The majority of people do drugs and alcohol in excess because they enjoy it. IMO celebrities are more prone to addiction because they can afford to get addicted. Cocaine where I live is by far the most widely used drug. If you're the right side of 30 it's pretty much standard that you do it or have done it. The only problem/bonus (depending on which side of the fence you sit) is that it's £40 a gramme and the average bloke on the street can't afford to do a lot of it, celebrities can.

I agree that watching a celebrity destroy their lives in the media through drink & drugs is sad, but that's their choice and fuck all to do with us. Why would it bother you anyway? I personally never felt one way or another when I saw pics of a wasting Amy Winehouse in the papers, sure it was a shame as she was talented but it's not as if I knew her so why would it make me mad?. For every celebrity addict you see on TV there's probably 100's of regular people in your very own town doing the exact same thing.
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Conrad, I'm not so much talking about Drug users as I am people who use alcohol to excess, whether they're a celebrity or not isn't relative.
    I realize there's exceptions to everything, but most people who are drinking to excess regularly, and/or getting habitualy shitfaced drunk are someone who generally hates them-self and isn't showing their best side to their family.

You don't have to agree dude, that's just the way I see it, been there done that.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    I get your meaning though,for people to follow them and worship them 'as stars' because they can act or sing is mindlessness in itself, without the dumb crap they do to themselves and others around them.

Its good anyway; the more people in the cinemas and at concerts the less out in the surf or up on mountains .
    You can be your own worst enemy, i'm convinced that the reason people do alcohol and drugs in excess is they don't like themselves or the way they are. Think about it, if you've got your shit together mentally & physically, a good wife/GF, et al, why do you need to be fucking yourself up with drugs and alcohol?

I respect the accomplishments of others, many do things that I could only dream of doing, but worship them? No way jose, I like my own life just fine.
    That's total bollox and very narrow minded.

The majority of people do drugs and alcohol in excess because they enjoy it. IMO celebrities are more prone to addiction because they can afford to get addicted. Cocaine where I live is by far the most widely used drug. If you're the right side of 30 it's pretty much standard that you do it or have done it. The only problem/bonus (depending on which side of the fence you sit) is that it's £40 a gramme and the average bloke on the street can't afford to do a lot of it, celebrities can.

I agree that watching a celebrity destroy their lives in the media through drink & drugs is sad, but that's their choice and fuck all to do with us. Why would it bother you anyway? I personally never felt one way or another when I saw pics of a wasting Amy Winehouse in the papers, sure it was a shame as she was talented but it's not as if I knew her so why would it make me mad?. For every celebrity addict you see on TV there's probably 100's of regular people in your very own town doing the exact same thing.
    I couldnt agree with you more. Exept I dont get which bit you think is narrow minded?

Dont know why you highlighted my statement that people who worship stars just because they can sing or act is a form of mindlessness in its self.

I wouldnt like to see anyone in my family go that route of adoration over just singing or acting.

Just a bit shallow for my liking, compared with admiring someone who does some good out in the real world instead. Though some celebs do good things for others continually and good on em, full points.
    (They arent usually the celebs that are addicted to drugs.)

I can explain it.

Thread Information