Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Am I Missing Something

Today talking to one of the lad's in work about my post, he is a casual fan this is what he said,
    the Klit's are boring and the HW in general as well, bar Tyson exciting fast and he said the man
    had a presents in and out side the ring. I no it's only one person opinion but I got a bit of feed back,
    off the casual fan.

El Kabong Guest

There ya go pal....that's one of the last top notch heavyweight fights there has been.

Wladimir and Vitali are dominant and to some people domination is boring. There are no style matchups for them, there's no solid competition. Wlad could fight until he's 40 and probably not lose a fight.....the guys are just too good for their competition end of discussion.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The one thing you cant argue with the Klit brothers is that they are always
    in tip top condition, which cant be said about most Heavys these days .

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    The one thing you cant argue with the Klit brothers is that they are always
    in tip top condition, which cant be said about most Heavys these days .
    Yes, they take the BUSINESS of boxing very seriously....true professionals

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Wladimir and Vitali are dominant and to some people domination is boring. There are no style matchups for them, there's no solid competition. Wlad could fight until he's 40 and probably not lose a fight.....the guys are just too good for their competition end of discussion.
    nope i disagree

people dont find them boring coz they are dominant, they find them boring coz they are boring inside and outside the ring

their take no-risks-at-all styles, and boring behaviour make them boring

if tyson ruled for as long as the klits have, people would have got excited about his fights for as long as it all lasted
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    nope i disagree

people dont find them boring coz they are dominant, they find them boring coz they are boring inside and outside the ring

if tyson ruled for as long as the klits have, people would have got excited about his fights for as long as it all lasted
    Tyson didn't have the style or dedication to last as long as the Klitschko's have no matter the opposition

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

nope i disagree

Tyson didn't have the style or dedication to last as long as the Klitschko's have no matter the opposition
    thats abosolutely true

not really related to the discussion we were having tho

El Kabong Guest

thats abosolutely true

OK, how's this...people got hella bored of paying $50 for a 1 round fight just like they get bored of the Klitschko's, they got bored of Lennox Lewis, and guess what, they'll get bored of the next guy in line too!

Where ever there is a Champion there are people that want to see them lose....the Klitschko's aren't going to lose anytime soon (unless it's a total shocker) so it sucks the drama out of the fights. It doesn't help it that the guys they fight don't show up, the Klitschko's give them rounds to get started....they want some competition as much as the fans want them tested...they can't manufacture competition they're stuck in this era.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats abosolutely true

OK, how's this...people got hella bored of paying $50 for a 1 round fight just like they get bored of the Klitschko's, they got bored of Lennox Lewis, and guess what, they'll get bored of the next guy in line too!

Where ever there is a Champion there are people that want to see them lose....the Klitschko's aren't going to lose anytime soon (unless it's a total shocker) so it sucks the drama out of the fights. It doesn't help it that the guys they fight don't show up, the Klitschko's give them rounds to get started....they want some competition as much as the fans want them tested...they can't manufacture competition they're stuck in this era.
    I see were you are coming from Lyle, Dull Dull Lyle up to now not one person has said hell they are
    exciting to watch, come on that's the point a bit of action that's all I ask.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    I see were you are coming from Lyle, Dull Dull Lyle up to now not one person has said hell they are
    You guys only see one side of it....look big picture. What's Ray Leonard without Duran and Hearns? What's Ali without Frazier and Foreman? COMPETITION makes the fights fun to watch...I admire the Klitschko's because they are so far ahead of anyone in the division, it's exciting to me to see that, but I've been on the bandwagon for years so I'm invested in their doing well. The simple FACT is that in the last 5 or so years the Klitschko's haven't had much adversity in the ring at all.

They choose to box what people say is "safety first"....it's not safety, it's that they choose to BOX and they were taught properly and have adhered to the rules they have set for themselves that makes their attributes most effective.

If there were guys of the same size that could take the punishment the Klitschko's dish out, or small enough to out manuver the bigger Klitschko's then we would have some adversity, some challenge....but right now all they get is a workout....if they are lucky. As a fan I've got nothing bad to say about the Klitschko's, plenty bad to say about their opponents who should have learned a thing or two by now. It seems no heavyweight wants to be taken seriously anymore, and that's because the Klitschko's are so dominant.....sorry, it's domination homes!!!

All this being said, eventually the Klitschko's will retire, and the skill level of the heavyweights will plummet! We may get some decent fights out of it, maybe some fan favorites, but there will be no dominant force in the division for quite some time!

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    You guys only see one side of it....look big picture. What's Ray Leonard without Duran and Hearns? What's Ali without Frazier and Foreman? COMPETITION makes the fights fun to watch...I admire the Klitschko's because they are so far ahead of anyone in the division, it's exciting to me to see that, but I've been on the bandwagon for years so I'm invested in their doing well. The simple FACT is that in the last 5 or so years the Klitschko's haven't had much adversity in the ring at all.

They choose to box what people say is "safety first"....it's not safety, it's that they choose to BOX and they were taught properly and have adhered to the rules they have set for themselves that makes their attributes most effective.

If there were guys of the same size that could take the punishment the Klitschko's dish out, or small enough to out manuver the bigger Klitschko's then we would have some adversity, some challenge....but right now all they get is a workout....if they are lucky. As a fan I've got nothing bad to say about the Klitschko's, plenty bad to say about their opponents who should have learned a thing or two by now. It seems no heavyweight wants to be taken seriously anymore, and that's because the Klitschko's are so dominant.....sorry, it's domination homes!!!

All this being said, eventually the Klitschko's will retire, and the skill level of the heavyweights will plummet! We may get some decent fights out of it, maybe some fan favorites, but there will be no dominant force in the division for quite some time!
    Good reply Lyle, I wish they would fight with the same passion, as you use in your post Lyle but alas
    it will never be, they have there place in the history books.I will not knock there boxing ability as they
    have plenty. I just want to be entertained Lyle not a lot to ask there have been plenty of fighter's I and
    other's have raved about, but I cant see any one rave about them now or in the future.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be fair I don't think vitali is a cautious fight, I would not call him an aggressive fighter but I would not say he is cautios(I dont tihnk I have ever seen him block a punch :S), he fights to win and is not taking stupid risks but he goes to fight in my opinion, I think it is a bit unfair to say he is a safety first boring fighter..

Wladimir is a different matter though, I am a big fan of him maybe the biggest klitschko fanboy there is :S but he is so frustrating, when he gets going he is really good but so often he just won't throw anything but a jab... and v mormeck his grabbing was getting a bit annoying, even I could see he was hurting moreck even when mormeck was blocking the punches.. I think wlad is really talented but he never uses it, which is a shame.. I do concur they need better competition to bring the best of them out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats abosolutely true

Your right, If Lewis was around today he would be a very boring fighter. Back when Lewes was the best you had other threats like Tyson and Holyfield. But they are too old now and there is no one out there to take there places. We have a bunch of lazy heavies with no desire to be the best. Just to make as much money as possible before they get found out.
    Arreola and Chisora are the only two fighters to come into the ring with the Klits and actauly tried and believed they could win. The problem was they lacked the fitness to last with the Klits. We need fit up close brawler to take them on. They dont like to fight up close but no one has the fitness or skill to keep on the inside and score from there.
    The Klits do bore me though. They make fights last longer than they need to and are too cautious. I dont blame them for being cautious, it makes them money and wins them fights so its good for them, just not good for the fans to watch.
    I just cant be bothered to watch them play with there food all night so they can get paid.
    Klit fights I would watch would be Chisora, Helanius or Haye.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats abosolutely true

Your wrong, If Lewis was around today he would be a lot more exciting that the klits.

lewis had his critics but the general opinions of his fights were a lot better than those of the klits

El Kabong Guest

Your wrong, If Lewis was around today he would be a lot more exciting that the klits.

lewis had his critics but the general opinions of his fights were a lot better than those of the klits

1st it's "You're wrong" and 2nd And people said Lewis was boring compared to Tyson, they said Holmes was boring compared to Ali, Foreman, and Frazier, they said Holyfield didn't have enough power to be an entertaining heavyweight.....through out the history of boxing "fans" (whether die hards or average joe sixpacks) have found SOMETHING to complain about in boxing.

All I ask is for true boxing fans to accept the Klitschko's for who they are....smart, supremely skilled & dedicated fighters who have dominated their era albeit while still sticking to the basic "hit and don't get hit" golden rule of boxing.

Thread Information