Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Rick Santorum for real?

What did you guys in The States make of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=FLfVgA0xZhs#
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Rick Santorum for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    He's a social conservative. That's pretty much my opinion of him.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is off his head on the God delusion. Santorum drinks it in daily and seems completely drunk on the insanity. He seems to be for real. Unfortunately half of the US populace is insane too, so he appears to be somewhat popular.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well basically there are two candidates for the GOP that have been gaining the majority of the primary delegates and primary votes.

Santorum and Romney.

At this point, the USA in the general deimos/phobos loving public, a failed lottery ticket could beat Obama in the 2012 election.

Romney has a lot of money from other peoples labor as the owner of an equity firm epitimizes corporatism. I haven't heard anything real politically from him other than he plans on cutting taxes to stimulate the economy and he feels the current administration is a failed one.

Santorum has played a lot more on the table, and wants America to reflect and espouse Christian values in everyday life. Gays can be made ungay, all of the founding fathers were Christian and the laws of the land set forth by the founding fathers were based on the Bible. That is basically his platform. He also believes as he stated that the Dutch kill people as a common practice.

Business as usual in Washington really.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would love to see Santorum win, because it would pretty much ensure an Obama/Democrat landslide, but I just can't see him beating Romney and winning the nomination. He's the type of extremist that appeals to the hardcore nutjobs, but moderate Republicans have to know he has no chance of being elected. He's batshit crazy.

It's like a sexually-repressed Bilbo running for office.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In general, in my lifetime (since 1964), our presidential candidates have been a sorry bunch of ninnies. It seems that Americans will vote against their own best interests joyfully if the sorrow is sold by some slick talking guy with white teeth. Which doesn't explain Nixon, but election rigging does.
    Another Obama presidency would be horrible, but no better and no worse than a Romney or Santorum presidency, or four more years of W. Bush because they are in essence the same individual, with the same goals and objectives, just different ways of flavoring the poison.
    Just wait until 2016 when Jeb Bush runs and once again voters turn out to elect anoth member of the most treasonous clan in US history.

El Kabong Guest

Santorum is a dope....he preaches all this social conservativism but look at his economic views and he's well liberal.

Romney is smart, Romney has money to run the campaign vs Obama, Romney is reasonable, and hell I don't give a fuck if he doesn't "connect with the average man" he's running for President not to be your fucking best friend! Obama will have a hard time getting re-elected, gas prices are high, unemployment isn't good, and he has made no effort to fix the economy he's just blamed Bush for everything for 3 years and if he's elected again he'll continue to blame Bush.

The places the Republicans NEED to win is where Romney is doing well (Michigan, Ohio, New Hampshire) the places where Santorum does well are where the people would rather die than have to suffer through one more Obama term as President!

Santorum is a total moron...I despise him. Romney isn't the best "candidate" but he's best suited to be President, he has experience at being a leader, being an executive, and being held accountable. I think we could rally latino voters depending on Romney's VP choice which I would hope is Marco Rubio.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    In general, in my lifetime (since 1964), our presidential candidates have been a sorry bunch of ninnies. It seems that Americans will vote against their own best interests joyfully if the sorrow is sold by some slick talking guy with white teeth. Which doesn't explain Nixon, but election rigging does.
    Another Obama presidency would be horrible, but no better and no worse than a Romney or Santorum presidency, or four more years of W. Bush because they are in essence the same individual, with the same goals and objectives, just different ways of flavoring the poison.
    Just wait until 2016 when Jeb Bush runs and once again voters turn out to elect anoth member of the most treasonous clan in US history.
    #1 The fuck are you on about "Election rigging" That's some bullshit right there. Nixon won because he faced off against LBJ(well LBJ's policies and the handling of Vietnam), who was one of the worst Presidents ever, not to mention bat shit crazy!

#2 Say what you like about George W. Bush, but George H.W. Bush was a war hero and a very good President and Vice President. Jeb Bush is probably the better suited son for Presidential office, but I HIGHLY doubt he would run now as the name alone would be something for people to campaign against.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No question about it, Santorum is a complete moron.

If he, Rick Perry, or Michelle Bachman were to be elected, I would walk to Canada.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    No question about it, Santorum is a complete moron.

If he, Rick Perry, or Michelle Bachman were to be elected, I would walk to Canada.
    Or Gingrich for that matter....it just isn't a great field for the GOP Presidential race. I liked Herman Cain, I could tolerate Ron Paul, but Romney to me is the only sane choice.

I am not going to leave the US anytime soon in regards to my primary residence, but I'd rather poor candidates like Santorum get the hell out of the way and stop trying to ratchet up support on issues people don't give a fuck about....focus on the economy and the war on terror (as in toning it down). The economy still sucks, and Obama obviously doesn't want to take the heat for it but he hasn't helped out at all....the war on terror needs to be toned down because Syria and Iran are next in the sights and we cannot have our forces stretched so thin and battle fatigued forces. I'm not saying we WILL attack Syria or Iran, but we must prepare like it's going to happen, perhaps it will quell their sabre rattling.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy I'm hoping for is Ron Paul, to be honest. When I see all of the candidates, Paul is the only one that appears to give even half of an honest shit.

El Kabong Guest

The guy I'm hoping for is Ron Paul, to be honest. When I see all of the candidates, Paul is the only one that appears to give even half of an honest shit.
    He won't win as on certain issues he's far more Liberal than Obama....if he was to run 3rd Party I think he would take more votes away from Obama than the GOP nomination.

I really wanted Chris Christie to run, he's the fucking man! He's no nonsense, he speaks his mind, he's tough, quick on his feet, & would just gut Obama like a fish in a debate.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    He won't win as on certain issues he's far more Liberal than Obama....if he was to run 3rd Party I think he would take more votes away from Obama than the GOP nomination.

I really wanted Chris Christie to run, he's the fucking man! He's no nonsense, he speaks his mind, he's tough, quick on his feet, & would just gut Obama like a fish in a debate.
    Liberal how? Paul defines what conservatism is IMO.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    His stance on the military is very liberal...granted lots of military folk agree with him and if the world was a perfect place I may agree with him too, but aiming to be an isolationist is just naive in this day and age. American isolationism got shot to shit Dec. 7th, 1941....that day made us into a nation that has a say in damn near everything for better or worse.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    His stance on the military is very liberal...granted lots of military folk agree with him and if the world was a perfect place I may agree with him too, but aiming to be an isolationist is just naive in this day and age. American isolationism got shot to shit Dec. 7th, 1941....that day made us into a nation that has a say in damn near everything for better or worse.
    How is that liberal or isolationist? He is following what the Constitution calls for as the military and he is looking to be non-interventionist instead of isolationist.

Thread Information