Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salido stops Lopez!! Is this it for Juan Ma?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Salido stops Lopez!! Is this it for Juan Ma?

Salido is a much better pound for pound fighter than Maidana imo, and while Ortiz certainly has better tools than Lopez he isn't nearly as tough so there's not much of a benchmark to use there. I think Maidana has been flattered by having fought two high profile guys with a lot of talent but no chin(Khan) or will to win(Ortiz). You can't tell me he's more dangerous than Salido after he lost to Devon Alexander in that fashion, any good fighter who can actually think for 12 rounds will beat him from here on I suspect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lopez has to get new trainers for a start! In between some rounds they remained silent and clueless.

Lopez learned absolutely nothing from his first beating from the underrated Salido. Just thought he could walk through him this time but got exactly the same beating this time.

Forget Lopez though, this fight was all about Salido. He fought like a total warrior with a phenomonal game plan. A lot of angles as he came in on Lopez. Barring his knockdown it was a flawless display.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What score did you lot have it?

I had it 88-83 – or 7 rounds to Salido and 2 to JM lopez
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Amazing fight! Great passion shown by both guys and you wont see a better fight than that this year.

In the end I think Juanma gave it away with suicidal tactics. He was better off boxing on the backfoot and try and steal a hometown decision in Peurto Rico but instead he came out for round 8 with completely different tactics. Brawled for 2 rounds but completely emptied his tank in the prcoess so at the start of round 10 he had nothing left and folded. He complained but he was totally out of it

Congrats to Salido. Juanma isnt done, still a classy fighter but Salido has is number. Thats boxing. He ca try his style vs someone else but he needs to learn to stick to the gameplan and work on his defence.

When you are out on your feet you dont keep coming forward trading unless you want to get knocked out.
    he abandoned it because Salido was walking him down no matter what he did so he went back to fighting, he was mentally gone by the end of the 6th cause Salido had already regained control of the fight despite the knockdown in the round prior. Juanma's gameplan was starting to already not work for him into the 4th round, he caught him in the 5th but it didn't change a thing.

Here is an interesting stat they said.. only 3 jabs were thrown by statistics this fight.

Now Juanma's best punch is his right hook, I would figure he has a strong right hand, so him not even using a jab shows a flaw in ANY gameplan he had to outbox Salido from the get go. He tried to box with Salido, and all he got was walked down till he was gonna be knocked out, he tried to slug with Salido and got knocked out. There really is no way he beats Salido unless he sticks with a jab the entire fight. But Salido has dented him to the point that Juanma is wobbled by nearly every punch Salido lands flush, it would just be a matter of time, like tonight was.
    Juanma was ahead when trhe fight was stopped so if he just ran instead of trading for those two rounds he could have survived for 12 rounds and be given a dodgy hometown verdict. Thats the only way he beats Salido.

If theres a 3rd fight it has to be in Mexico. They were gonna rob Salido but he took it out their hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Salido caused Juan Ma so many problems because of his style. Salido's method of primarily coming in head low and attacking with hooks, gave Juan Ma a limited amount of target to hit. Juan Ma was struggling to hit Salido clean throughout much of the fight. Meanwhile, Juan Ma stood up more straight and was an easier target for many of Salido's hooks. Someone in Juan Ma's corner should have given him some kind of tips on how to adjust, but I'm not sure if that ever happened. I think when Juan Ma finally scored the one knock down, it was because Salido made the mistake of throwing this half hearted jab. But aside from that, Juan Ma didnt have many good opportunities to land hard clean punches. I think Juan Ma's best attempt where he at least tried to do something different was where he fought Salido in close toward the end. But it was too late because he was already tired. Plus Salido is seemingly the more experienced when it comes to infighting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wont call salido a hack, but lopez had the skillset to beat him each time, fairly comfortably if he abandoned the macho BS, stuck to a game plan and stepped back and countered Salido on the way in. Like he did for the knockdown (maybe that was by accident). He could have used a lot more of the ring and foot work. He got sucked into the same brawl he got chewed up in last time. He abandons his plans and chooses to brawl with a brawler. You'd think he'd have learned from that the first time. No wonder some trainers are slapping their fighters. At this time, its my opinion that he's done. Not so much because he's been knocked out twice by the same guy. He's wasted his time, not utilized his skill and bought into his own hype. To boot, he's got a classic flaw that other guys will exploit all day. He got suckered into trading when it meant nothing and did it again when everything was on the line. He was favored both times, always had more to lose and couldn't hold it together. He may be a warrior, but he's in the wrong business.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WBO have threatened to ban him for a year for his comments about the ref.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This ain't it for JuanMa he will move up in weight and look to capture a title at SFW.
    IMO he was fighting out of his weight. For the record that's not an excuse just something I observed and pointed out prior to the fight.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This reminds me of Herrera-Olivares.

In the sense that you just can't wrap your head around how Salido beats JuanMa.

Thread Information