Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: People you really look up to

Oh and Gerry Lopez best barrel rider ever at Pipeline.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People you look up to my late Father, as all son's should.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    There are a lot of people I respect.

I would include William S Burroughs, Noam Chomsky, Steven Hawking, Richard Dawkins, John Lydon, Vincent Van Gogh as some that I have listened to or read about in the last year or so. I'm not so sure I can say I respect Jack the Ripper. He pushed the barriers a little too far. Plus we don't know who he was.
    John Lydon I fuck in hate that prick, for two pin's I would remove his teeth.
    I can understand how he rubs some people the wrong way, but I like a man with opinions and who isn't afraid to say what is on his mind.
    We all have opinions if he gave me his he would be in AE, as for what's on his mind not much the
    stupid thick twat.
    He has a public persona that can seem harsh, but in a world of PC empty heads, Lydon has always been a breath of fresh air. I don't find him stupid at all. He isn't classically educated or anything like that, but he knows how to cut through bullshit and that makes him real. Some very good music over the years too.

Mind you we didn't need a Sex Pistols reunion, but a man has to feed his family.
    Lydon and myself are about the same age, in my younger day's he was a cock then and now , when in
    life you take a dislike to some one he is pretty much top of the list.
    I am a straight talking person, Lydon is just a lovey full of crap say's one thing doe's an other he's just
    a waste of fresh air.
    You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but to a degree a lot a lot of people are full of contradictions. Lydon has his, but he is also opinionated and interesting and I respect him as someone with something to say. For similar reasons I like Morrissey. These are the kinds of people who say what they feel at a given time and often it is against the PC molded grain. For instance I thought it was refreshing when Lydon said 'good riddance', when talking of the death of Sid Vicious. He was a friend who became a junkie and got what he deserved for dancing with the devil. Very few people would speak so candidly and in a way I agree with Lydon. He is also very funny.

As I have said before, I can see why some wouldn't like him. However, I do and so on my list he stays. I could probably add a lot more people to my list as I am always jumping between obsessions.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are a lot of people I respect.

I would include William S Burroughs, Noam Chomsky, Steven Hawking, Richard Dawkins, John Lydon, Vincent Van Gogh as some that I have listened to or read about in the last year or so. I'm not so sure I can say I respect Jack the Ripper. He pushed the barriers a little too far. Plus we don't know who he was.
    John Lydon I fuck in hate that prick, for two pin's I would remove his teeth.
    I can understand how he rubs some people the wrong way, but I like a man with opinions and who isn't afraid to say what is on his mind.
    We all have opinions if he gave me his he would be in AE, as for what's on his mind not much the
    stupid thick twat.
    He has a public persona that can seem harsh, but in a world of PC empty heads, Lydon has always been a breath of fresh air. I don't find him stupid at all. He isn't classically educated or anything like that, but he knows how to cut through bullshit and that makes him real. Some very good music over the years too.

Mind you we didn't need a Sex Pistols reunion, but a man has to feed his family.
    Lydon and myself are about the same age, in my younger day's he was a cock then and now , when in
    life you take a dislike to some one he is pretty much top of the list.
    I am a straight talking person, Lydon is just a lovey full of crap say's one thing doe's an other he's just
    a waste of fresh air.
    You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but to a degree a lot a lot of people are full of contradictions. Lydon has his, but he is also opinionated and interesting and I respect him as someone with something to say. For similar reasons I like Morrissey. These are the kinds of people who say what they feel at a given time and often it is against the PC molded grain. For instance I thought it was refreshing when Lydon said 'good riddance', when talking of the death of Sid Vicious. He was a friend who became a junkie and got what he deserved for dancing with the devil. Very few people would speak so candidly and in a way I agree with Lydon. He is also very funny.

As I have said before, I can see why some wouldn't like him. However, I do and so on my list he stays. I could probably add a lot more people to my list as I am always jumping between obsessions.
    Miles your list is your list, Morrissey and Lydon fuck you have no taste two toss pot's, if you put the two together you could not make a fuck in idiot out of both.
    Here's a tip Miles, people you my look up to may disappoint you it a fact, reformed junkie and the other a complete Jackass, hardly two roll model's.
    But Miles you like them and if we all liked the same thing life would be boring, but when I was breeding dog's those two would have been in the bucket no problem.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do role models have to do with it? I don't like people just because they are role models. I like them for a variety of reasons. People must have something to say. William Burroughs was a junkie who shot his wife in the head. Clearly no role model, but he was also a fantastic writer and that is what I like. Morrissey summed up the human condition in verse form and as a collective produced great music in The Smiths. Never mind the bollocks is a classic and Lydon has achieved more than most of us in his lifetime and I respect the impact. Let me know when anyone today makes something as sublime as God save the Queen. It is a statement and worthy.

I see no reason to hate on and be so rude about people who have changed lives.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry Re: People you really look up to

What do role models have to do with it? I don't like people just because they are role models. I like them for a variety of reasons. People must have something to say. William Burroughs was a junkie who shot his wife in the head. Clearly no role model, but he was also a fantastic writer and that is what I like. Morrissey summed up the human condition in verse form and as a collective produced great music in The Smiths. Never mind the bollocks is a classic and Lydon has achieved more than most of us in his lifetime and I respect the impact. Let me know when anyone today makes something as sublime as God save the Queen. It is a statement and worthy.

The smith's music to slit your wrist's to Miles, thing is you change your own life my friend Miles you are very flowery with your out look on life.
    Remember these two people which you hold in high a steam, are pompus lovey's, you may think I'm
    hateful but that's how I am old school.Not having a dig Miles on some thing's we may agree to disagree, only fun Miles nothing more.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The smith's music to slit your wrist's to Miles, thing is you change your own life my friend Miles you are very flowery with your out look on life.
    Remember these two people which you hold in high a steam, are pompus lovey's, you may think I'm
    hateful but that's how I am old school.Not having a dig Miles on some thing's we may agree to disagree, only fun Miles nothing more.
    Well, fair enough. I was able to put a few names out there. I'm brave enough to set myself up for a fall and that's what the people I like do too. To have critics means you are doing something right.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People you look up to my late Father, as all son's should.

Yup, and even though he could be a SOB at times, i'll never forget him.

These days, there's not anyone I really "look up to". There are people I respect and admire for what they've accomplished in life, but i'm vain enough to believe myself.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't look up to my own father in the slightest. He was a traitor to the cause and walked out on his own family. The best thing my parents taught me was to never have children.

They have no idea what suffering they are inflicting and how it affects you on a long term basis.

People who create art that you relate to are far greater figures than all too many parents.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You do it all the time in threads people have created to aknowledge someones passing?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post

You do it all the time in threads people have created to aknowledge someones passing?
    Sure, about people who employ slave labour who also don't receive health benefits when they are dying of cancer.

Nobody is dying here.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure, about people who employ slave labour who also don't receive health benefits when they are dying of cancer.

Nobody is dying here.
    So long as you have aknowledged your hypocrisy
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is dying here.
    Well, Steve Jobs was not such a great man when you add it all up. Do I look up to him? No. He was a businessman and didn't respect human rights. He also said nothing to me as a human being. If you cannot say anything to me then you don't matter and Jobs didn't matter. I would imagine many learned to make fire, but did it change their mental landscape? That is where language and art beats plastic technology. Morrissey changed more minds than Steve Jobs ever did.

Morrissey might criticize the Chinese, but he never actually enslaved them.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is dying here.
    Well, Steve Jobs was not such a great man when you add it all up. Do I look up to him? No. He was a businessman and didn't respect human rights. He also said nothing to me as a human being. If you cannot say anything to me then you don't matter and Jobs didn't matter. I would imagine many learned to make fire, but did it change their mental landscape? That is where language and art beats plastic technology. Morrissey changed more minds than Steve Jobs ever did.

Those threads werent written for you, they we written by people who's opinion differs from yours.

You cant have it both ways my man

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nobody is dying here.

Those threads werent written for you, they we written by people who's opinion differs from yours.

You cant have it both ways my man
    This thread was for people to say who they look up to. Very few have done so.

Other threads have been made by people who support terrible things. Nobody I like supports terrible things. Maybe they committed terrible acts, but didn't enslave thousands of people.

You can criticize people who are dictating mass evil. To compare John Lydon to Steve Jobs is bizarre. One is one who speaks what he feels and hurts very few, the other has enslaved many.

That sentence I used can be used against me, but in this context I am showing what I mean.

Thread Information