Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is HBO so bias against Sergio Martinez ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why is HBO so bias against Sergio Martinez ?

It was very frustrating to listen to HBO try to pull the wool over the viewers eyes yet again tonight in Martinez's bout with Macklin.

They did the same thing in his fight with Barker, where I thought Barker won 1 round and was dominated.

This time I had Macklin winning 2 rounds, and a 9-9 round in the knockdown where he put his leg under Martinez's leg and tripped him.

Nothing against Barker or Macklin, both tough and game, but HBO's nonstop barrage of criticisim against Martinez made it so satisfying when he stopped both men in the 11th.

I don't know what it is, if its Martinez's style, him upsetting Williams and Pavlik or what, but HBO desperately want him to lose. Its sad.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is HBO so bias against Sergio Martinez ?

they don't want him to lose... they want you to think the fight is better and more competitive than it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The guy hardly throws a punch for the first half of the fight. Lets hope he doesnt fight Floyd. That will be one of the most boring matches out there.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do what I do with Lampley and company cards...hit mute. I mean really, HBO is biased for a house fighter, is that new?

In fairness he gets the convincing late tko and doesn't blame his hurt hands. Thats has to be a plus.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't watch HBO but kept hearing about their card. The fight was only close because of the KD and Martinez clearly dominated down the stretch. It wasn't that close in the end. The British crew had it about right IMO.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They shit all over him tonight and the Barker fight. After the fight you see they conveniently do a 180 and start kissing his ass nonstop. Immediately after any fight Steward almost on cue will say how (insert winning fighters name) fought a "tremendous fight" & "he couldn't have fought better a fight" blah blah blah

Did anybody else catch Lampley not mentioning Bute when he was naming the top super middleweights? You could tell after he said Ward he was thinking Bute but proceeded to rattle off some other names...even Abraham FFS. It was almost like HBO told him not to mention the guy. Not that it matters...just thought that was curious.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    They shit all over him tonight and the Barker fight. After the fight you see they conveniently do a 180 and start kissing his ass nonstop. Immediately after any fight Steward almost on cue will say how (insert winning fighters name) fought a "tremendous fight" & "he couldn't have fought better a fight" blah blah blah

Did anybody else catch Lampley not mentioning Bute when he was naming the top super middleweights? You could tell after he said Ward he was thinking Bute but proceeded to rattle off some other names...even Abraham FFS. It was almost like HBO told him not to mention the guy. Not that it matters...just thought that was curious.
    Exactly what I saw. Martinez was cool and laid back about it though, never thought he was losing the fight and said he had 12 rounds to chop him down like a tree.

Also FUCK Julie Ledderman she had Macklin ahead by 3 rounds going into the 11th ! WTF was she watching !?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The hbo crew has become a joke somewhat, in the undercard steward was like rodriguez is completely in control blah blah blah, this was twenty seconds into the fight, wtf Also they tried justifyin the 119-111 score in the first martinez williams fight, like it wasn't complete bull, and yeah I noticed lampley not mentionin bute, what the fuck. I hate how hbo operates...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steward has been annoying the fuck out of me lately, I ended up muting the sound in the 7th round of the main event, until after the fight was over. I almost muted the sound during Rodriquez -George, George had lost most of the 1st 6 rounds, but Steward: "George is fighting a beautiful/perfect fight".

I'm like no shit Manny? He's losing the fucking fight you blithering idiot.

And yes, I agree Hulk, HBO can't seem to wait until Sergio "gets old".
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 03-18-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

*Biased.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

Exactly what I saw. Martinez was cool and laid back about it though, never thought he was losing the fight and said he had 12 rounds to chop him down like a tree.

Also FUCK Julie Ledderman she had Macklin ahead by 3 rounds going into the 11th ! WTF was she watching !?
    That had me absolutley baffled. What on earth was she watching.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because he isn't american? maybe?
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

they love chavez jr and he isn't american.

they will be very upset if chavez jr actually has enough balls to not dump his trinket in the trash. WBC supposedly is going to force negotiations and if nothing agreed to, a purse bid for Chavez Jr. vs Martinez.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilla2012 View Post
    Because he isn't american? maybe?
    Pacquiao nor Donaire are American but that doesn't stop most of the HBO crew from deep throating them

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I didn't watch HBO but kept hearing about their card. The fight was only close because of the KD and Martinez clearly dominated down the stretch. It wasn't that close in the end. The British crew had it about right IMO.
    I can agree with this, Martinez landed the cleaner more effective punches throughout the fight. Game effort by Macklin, but Sergio showed who the boss was in the final 4 rounds.

Thread Information