Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proksa Defeated in Shocking Upset?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Proksa Defeated in Shocking Upset?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    he definately wasnt robbed

he had a good start maybe winning 3 out of the first 4 and then hope had some good middle rounds and then proska came on at the end

Hope was winning the majority of each round, proska had a good 30 seconds in each and landed some eye catching punches but a round is 3 minutes long

i thought it was a close fight but i think hope deserved it on work rate

there was a point in the 11th (i think) where proska was looking for a way out
    Wow. That is huge to hear. I'm somewhat shocked.

Did you think Proksa just underestimated him? Or do you think Proksa is/was overrated? To beat Sebastian Sylvester, a perennial top ten middleweight, in the way Proksa did, even if he was on the the slide, was super impressive. Geale beat him, but it took Geale 12 rounds, and Geale is a world titlist. To then lose to Kerry Hope is suprising to say the least. It has to be the biggest upset in British boxing in a while. I bet it will be the biggest upset this year in British boxing.
    You have overrated Proska from the start. It is nowhere near the biggest upset in British boxing, because as has been said by many, Proska while fighting in Britain, is not British, has no wish to be British, and has very few British fans. Other than Sylvester who of note has Proska beaten ?
    Agree. He was never as good as the hype he was getting

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clearly, I have overrated Proksa. I'll eat crow. I didn't think he had a huge upside because he's a small middleweight, but I thought he would do well on the domestic level, mostly because of his win over Sylvester. He shocked me by knocking out Sylvester in vicious fashion. That is the only real name on his record, but when they made that fight, I thought they were putting him in too deep, too fast. Hope is no Sylvester, which is why I thought his was a stay-busy fight to lead into a fight with Murray, Barker, Macklin etc. I'm pretty sure Hope was a 10-1 underdog (or more) for this fight.

It is the biggest upset involving two fighters based out of Britain, and one British this year. Better?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clearly, I have overrated Proksa. I'll eat crow. I didn't think he had a huge upside because he's a small middleweight, but I thought he would do well on the domestic level, mostly because of his win over Sylvester. He shocked me by knocking out Sylvester in vicious fashion. That is the only real name on his record, but when they made that fight, I thought they were putting him in too deep, too fast. Hope is no Sylvester, which is why I thought his was a stay-busy fight to lead into a fight with Murray, Barker, Macklin etc. I'm pretty sure Hope was a 10-1 underdog (or more) for this fight.

It is the biggest upset involving two fighters based out of Britain, and one British this year. Better?
    You know, on the night I thought Hope looked a fair bit bigger and Proksa maybe looked a division smaller. Strange.

Having seen Proksa a few times before, he may be overrated, but there was defo something amiss against Hope. Hope almost had him out of there a couple of times I thought and Hopes record of one KO tells it all.

Anyway, It was a great great fight and one of my favs of the year. Hope fought a great fight and didn't let up and stayed focused, he deserved the shout for me.

I actually think there will be a rematch and order will be restored. Proksa stops him second time round.

Not that i've been on here much lately, but I haven't seen Mick around for a while. He waas real high on Proksa and has been for some considerable time. Anyone know whether he's commented since the Hope loss??

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post

You know, on the night I thought Hope looked a fair bit bigger and Proksa maybe looked a division smaller. Strange.

Having seen Proksa a few times before, he may be overrated, but there was defo something amiss against Hope. Hope almost had him out of there a couple of times I thought and Hopes record of one KO tells it all.

Anyway, It was a great great fight and one of my favs of the year. Hope fought a great fight and didn't let up and stayed focused, he deserved the shout for me.

I actually think there will be a rematch and order will be restored. Proksa stops him second time round.

Not that i've been on here much lately, but I haven't seen Mick around for a while. He waas real high on Proksa and has been for some considerable time. Anyone know whether he's commented since the Hope loss??
    I haven't seen Mick on in a bit either. He hasn't commented on this loss.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So who do people think is the second-best fighter at middleweight?

The Ring has Geale as next after Martinez (followed by Sturm, whom I don't think anyone thinks is truly the third-best MW in the world).. I confess I've never seen Geale fight but Sylvester is the *only* name I recognize on his resume. It's a super-thin division, huh?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

The Ring has Geale as next after Martinez (followed by Sturm, whom I don't think anyone thinks is truly the third-best MW in the world).. I confess I've never seen Geale fight but Sylvester is the *only* name I recognize on his resume. It's a super-thin division, huh?
    It depends on how you look at it. If we are talking strictly talent, not factoring records into it etc., in my estimation, Sergio Martinez sits atop the division with Pirog and Golovkin, or vice versa, behind him. Geale follows them up. Then comes Sturm, but I don't see the current Sturm as a real entity in the division because he won't fight anyone worth a damn (like the current Chris John at featherweight), trailing behind Sturm is Macklin. After that, Darren Barker, Andy Lee, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Peter Quillin, not necessarily in the correct order. I'm leaving out Hasan N'Jikam because I'm not too familiar with him, although I know he has a decent pedigree, as he was an Olympian. I'm not sure where Kelly Pavlik and Arthur Abraham would fit into the mix if they can to get back to 160. Mundine is also at middleweight now.

As far as Sergio's next opponent, assuming it isn't Chavez Jr., I like Geale or Lee. Geale has stated he wants to invade the US Market and Lee has earned a title shot.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 03-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post

I say Golovkin

Thread Information