Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proksa Defeated in Shocking Upset?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Proksa Defeated in Shocking Upset?

I haven't seen the fight although from all the reports I read, he was robbed. Still, to lose against Hope after beating Sylvester? What happened in the fight? Can someone give me a recap?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Proksa Defeated in Shocking Upset?

he definately wasnt robbed

he had a good start maybe winning 3 out of the first 4 and then hope had some good middle rounds and then proska came on at the end

Hope was winning the majority of each round, proska had a good 30 seconds in each and landed some eye catching punches but a round is 3 minutes long

i thought it was a close fight but i think hope deserved it on work rate

there was a point in the 11th (i think) where proska was looking for a way out
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasnt a robbery but I did have Proksa winning 7-5 (115-112 cos Hope had a pt deducted for rubbing his head into Proksas cut after the bell). I dont have a problem with 6-6 (so a 1pt Proksa win) or 7-5 the other way though (which would be a 1pt Hope win). The early cut on the eye from a headclash really bothered Proksa and it bled throughout the contest. Plus he ran out of gas around the halfway point. To me it looked like he hadnt trained for a long fight, probably underestimating Hope and thinking he would KO him early.

For me though Proksa still gutted out the victory by taking the last 2 rounds (where Hope finally looked tired also). I had Proksa ahead the whole way because he started well like you would expect. He definitely won the first 2 rounds. This makes the 8-4 Hope card a bad one imo, cos you have to give Hope all rounds 3 through 10. Hope was the forward mover throughout and also certainly threw more, I guess the judges liked that style. There were times when Proksa looked totally knackered and battered (though the battered part was because of all the blood from the cut) and would stay on the ropes for way way too long.

Hopefully a rematch can be made. Proksa would win.
    Last edited by J_C; 03-19-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

he had a good start maybe winning 3 out of the first 4 and then hope had some good middle rounds and then proska came on at the end

Hope was winning the majority of each round, proska had a good 30 seconds in each and landed some eye catching punches but a round is 3 minutes long

Wow. That is huge to hear. I'm somewhat shocked.

Did you think Proksa just underestimated him? Or do you think Proksa is/was overrated? To beat Sebastian Sylvester, a perennial top ten middleweight, in the way Proksa did, even if he was on the the slide, was super impressive. Geale beat him, but it took Geale 12 rounds, and Geale is a world titlist. To then lose to Kerry Hope is suprising to say the least. It has to be the biggest upset in British boxing in a while. I bet it will be the biggest upset this year in British boxing.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    Wasnt a robbery but I did have Proksa winning 7-5 (115-112 cos Hope had a pt deducted for rubbing his head into Proksas cut after the bell). I dont have a problem with 6-6 (so a 1pt Proksa win) or 7-5 the other way though (which would be a 1pt Hope win). The early cut on the eye from a headclash really bothered Proksa and it bled throughout the contest. Plus he ran out of gas around the halfway point. To me it looked like he hadnt trained for a long fight, probably underestimating Hope and thinking he would KO him early.

For me though Proksa still gutted out the victory by taking the last 2 rounds (where Hope finally looked tired also). I had Proksa ahead the whole way because he started well like you would expect. He definitely won the first 2 rounds. This makes the 8-4 Hope card a bad one imo, cos you have to give Hope all rounds 3 through 10. Hope was the forward mover throughout and also certainly threw more, I guess the judges liked that style. There were times when Proksa looked totally knackered and battered (though the battered part was because of all the blood from the cut) and would stay on the ropes for way way too long.

Hopefully a rematch can be made. Proksa would win.
    That's more in line with what I have read. You favor Proksa in the rematch? Was it a fluke?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It wasnt a fluke, Hope worked hard and believed but it would be different next time. But events did conspire against Proska somewhat.

The bad cut early clearly disorientated Proska. He had to fight 9 entire rounds with blood in and around the eye. If that cut didnt happen, Hope wouldnt have been anywhere near as effective. Proksa would win more rounds next time without a cut. If instead Hope had come off with the cut from the headclash, ive no doubt Proska would have knocked him out.

I find it hard to believe Proksa trained properly stamina wise for this fight. I cant see why he is so tired halfway through if he did. Next time obviously he very likely would train better. Proksa wins more rounds next time down the stretch. An awful lot of Hopes success was down to Proksa's weariness.

Not to mention the fact most fans believed Proska DID win enough rounds this time anyway. Definitely not a robbery at all but I do believe Hope was a little lucky to get the decision, especially taking into account the point deduction.
    Last edited by J_C; 03-19-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Did you think Proksa just underestimated him? Or do you think Proksa is/was overrated? To beat Sebastian Sylvester, a perennial top ten middleweight, in the way Proksa did, even if he was on the the slide, was super impressive. Geale beat him, but it took Geale 12 rounds, and Geale is a world titlist. To then lose to Kerry Hope is suprising to say the least. It has to be the biggest upset in British boxing in a while. I bet it will be the biggest upset this year in British boxing.
    Im not sure if proska underestimated him, I think kerry hope is a lot better than his record suggests and proska doesnt throw enough punches

he is very accurate and hits hard but didnt throw even nearly as much as hope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Proksa said he didn't see anything because of the cut and that his regular coach wasn't there. In some interviews prior to the fight there were some vague hints of him being ill followed by the typical "everything is all right now".
    I definitely wouldn't risk putting my money on Hope in a rematch.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was defo not a robbery. Best man on the night won.

Had never seen Hope before, but he looked very sharp, I would not have thought he was the challenger from watching it.

Hope was caught cold early, but soon warmed and pretty much dominated.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe the point hope was deducted was justified but 2 rounds later proksa hit him twice after the bell which i thought was worse than what hope did

did anyone else think proksa was looking for a way out in the 11th?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

maybe the point hope was deducted was justified but 2 rounds later proksa hit him twice after the bell which i thought was worse than what hope did

did anyone else think proksa was looking for a way out in the 11th?
    Yeah me and my mate did.

But then suprisingly came out and fought until the final bell in the 12th

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had Hope winning it - Proska was awful!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Proksa won but it definitely wasn't a robbery. I agree with virtually every single thing J_C said in this thread.

No way that was the same fighter from previous fights. He was knackered far too early as well as being rubbish. That was meant to be a gimme (he just resigned a deal with Matchroom). They clearly took the piss in training. He wins the rematch.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have overrated Proska from the start. It is nowhere near the biggest upset in British boxing, because as has been said by many, Proska while fighting in Britain, is not British, has no wish to be British, and has very few British fans. Other than Sylvester who of note has Proska beaten ?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

You have overrated Proska from the start. It is nowhere near the biggest upset in British boxing, because as has been said by many, Proska while fighting in Britain, is not British, has no wish to be British, and has very few British fans. Other than Sylvester who of note has Proska beaten ?
    What Proska is very predictable loading up with big punches, Hope did take quite a few big punches
    and he did fight out of his skin. Kerry may not hold the title for long but good luck to him.
    Proska was lucky Hope was not a puncher, if he had have been he would not have seen round 12 some fighters are overrated Proska is one for sure.

Thread Information