Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Overeem Fails Drug's Test for UFC 146

The Reem has failed 2 drug tests for high epitestosterone levels before UFC146 ! You would think he had taken enough in his lifetime already !
    Alistair Overeem Tests Positive for Elevated Testosterone, Must Appear Before Nevada Commission

This puts major doubts on the JDS fight. Already rumoured is for Mir to step up for a title shot and potentially Fedor to face Cain, although more likely it will be Silva to face Cain, with Mitrione stepping in to fight Nelson.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Overeem Fails Drug's Test for UFC 146

I rarely if ever post on the MMA board here, but I figure everyone will agree with me when I say.....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet you feel all dirty now Lyle, best go and grab a shower or something
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kind of takes the steam out of this card. To bad, it was looking awesome. Fedor would be a major coup and keep it interesting but i seriously doubt that happens.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Kind of takes the steam out of this card. To bad, it was looking awesome. Fedor would be a major coup and keep it interesting but i seriously doubt that happens.
    I kind of wonder what does Fedor has in store, he did lost his ast 3 bouts after having been the most dominating beast in the HW division, I' dlike still to see him in the UFC against Dos Santos and the likes of it but I really wonder if he still can be any competitive.
    As for Overeem, it's sad. There was plenty of legitimate hype around him in the UFC, now I feel like if Odin got its thunder stolen.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    I kind of wonder what does Fedor has in store, he did lost his ast 3 bouts after having been the most dominating beast in the HW division, I' dlike still to see him in the UFC against Dos Santos and the likes of it but I really wonder if he still can be any competitive.
    As for Overeem, it's sad. There was plenty of legitimate hype around him in the UFC, now I feel like if Odin got its thunder stolen.
    Fedor has come back and won 2 fights since those three losses. The first was against Jeff Monson and that was a solid win. The second was against a big Japanese guy petrified with fear.

It is sad to see Reem dethroned like this, but he'll be back. Just like Sonnen and so many others have been after getn busted for taking testosterone.

Reem is still my hero for absolutely smashing Lesnar and he's a nice Reem. REEM SMASH !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kind of look at Fedor now the way I looked at guys like Hughes and Liddel. He was a truly dominant fighter (maybe the most ever) but his game never really evolved and MMA is always evolving. Fedor's striking was never that technical. He had great power and hand speed but largely depended on overwhelming an opponent. His ability to take a punch, stay calm and regroup on the occasion he got in trouble were also major advantages. I'm not sure I've seen a fighter that handled adversity so well. His ground game is also stellar both in wrestling and submissions. It really suprised me Werdum was able to submit him. He still has knockout power and great instincts but in a HW world where fighters are getting bigger and bigger, striking is becoming the more dominant skill set and what appears to be a chin that is not as concrete as years past I think he will struggle against top 5 HWs. I don't know if he has the drive anymore to revamp his training camps and change his approach to be more successful.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information