Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who will win and how?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carl Froch Vs Lucian Bute,who is going to win? VOTE NOW!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Froch Vs Lucian Bute,who is going to win? VOTE NOW!!!!

I think Bute stops him,,,,,Froch leaves himself wide open and Bute has becoma master at beating the body and his uppercut is one of if the the best in the game today....He will need a stoppage to get the win
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Bute UD unless Froch gets a hometown decision like he did against Dirrell. Bute will be more offensive than Dirrell was though, so it will be harder to justify a BS points decision for Froch.

Zero chance of Froch KO'ing Bute. As someone above pointed out, Froch does not have KO power against top-level guys. It remains to be seen whether Bute does -- but even if he does, Froch has about as good a chin as anyone.
    would Froch have won the Dirrell fight if it was located elsewhere? I find it not to be a particularly eggregious decision considering Dirrell often toes the line between boxing and plain running (and did so in that fight).

It isn't as if Froch hasn't been on the other end of a similar decision. Froch vs Kessler was a fight where Kessler is going to get the close rounds at home and if it was in the UK, Froch would have gotten them.

Sadly that is how boxing is judged now. It used to be you could count on a judge to reward aggression in the close rounds. Not that I like aggression that much but it is better than the current rules.

Now, you can just use the following rules:

1-hometown fighter-give him the close rounds
    2-if fight is not in anyone's hometown-give the "bigger name fighter" the close rounds.

Devon Alexander getting questionable decisions in St. Louis. Cloud getting decision over Campillo. PW getting decision over Lara.

And it isn't just whether the right winner was selected by the judges. How many fights do you see now where the "hometown" or "bigger name" fighter wins 118-110, 118-110, and 118-110(10 rounds to 2 ). And every person watching and scoring online (fans or boxing writers), score it 114-114 up to 116-112. Freaking judges get the right winner if you aren't going to score it a draw, but they have it as a wide fight and they are fucking wrong.

So tired of the 3 judges being the only ones on Earth that score a fight the way that they score it.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if there is one fight i have watched in the last 30 years where i feel a fighter has truely deserved to lose a the decision it is dirrell when he fought froch

that wasnt a home towm decision and i hope judges take precedent and if there is ever another fight where a fighter runs to that extreme he is disqualified before we get to the scores
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Bute UD unless Froch gets a hometown decision like he did against Dirrell. Bute will be more offensive than Dirrell was though, so it will be harder to justify a BS points decision for Froch.

Zero chance of Froch KO'ing Bute. As someone above pointed out, Froch does not have KO power against top-level guys. It remains to be seen whether Bute does -- but even if he does, Froch has about as good a chin as anyone.
    Good call. His two highest level opponents, Johnson and Bika, Bute beat on points. The next level down in opposition, Bute has knocked out, Berrio, Andrade, Magee, Miranda etc. Froch definitely is in the first group.

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    people seem to think bute has some thunderous power

wheres the evidence of this? is it coz he has knock out a bunch of second tier fighters who have all been knocked out before? and quicker?

one result that wont happen in Bute KO

the most likely results are froch KO and Bute on points
    On the same note, Froch's chin and power are a bit overrated. Froch has been shook before, in the Dirrell and Taylor fights, and like Bute, Froch hasn't scored a knockout over elite competition, unless you count Taylor. Also, other than in his amateur fight with Gennady Golovkin, Bute has never been visibly shook by a single punch and he has never been down from a single punch. I give full credit to Andrade for hurting Bute, but it was obvious to me that it was a result of Bute's fatigue and a barrage of punches.

Consequently, I see a few different outcomes. Bute could knock out Froch if he catches him when Froch doesn't see the punch, due to its speed, like in the Dirrell and Taylor fights. Bute could outbox Froch and win on points, like he did against Glen Johnson and Sakio Bika. Alternatively, Froch could win a narrow decision in his hometown, like he did in the Dirrell fight, or Froch could wear Bute down, like Andrade did.

Every opponent Froch faces gives him credit as a tough man. I just think styles make fights and Froch has trouble with slick, fast fighters. I thought Dirrell fought a horrible fight against Froch. I somewhat attribute this to his immaturity at the time, but it may also just be a flaw of Dirrell's. For whatever natural fighting ability he possesses, he may lack a champion's heart and desire. It's yet to be seen. In that fight, Froch was the man, Dirrell the teenager. Back to the point, there were moments in that fight, when Dirrell wasn't holding or running, that he completely outboxed and Froch didn't have an answer to his hand speed. Ward's speed also gave Froch problems, as did Taylor's. I see this playing out like the Taylor fight, and the question will be can (1) Bute finish Froch when he catches him unexpectedly like Taylor did and (2) will Bute wilt down the stretch like Taylor did.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

On the same note, Froch's chin and power are a bit overrated. Froch has been shook before, in the Dirrell and Taylor fights, and like Bute, Froch hasn't scored a knockout over elite competition, unless you count Taylor. Also, other than in his amateur fight with Gennady Golovkin, Bute has never been visibly shook by a single punch and he has never been down from a single punch. I give full credit to Andrade for hurting Bute, but it was obvious to me that it was a result of Bute's fatigue and a barrage of punches.

Consequently, I see a few different outcomes. Bute could knock out Froch if he catches him when Froch doesn't see the punch, due to its speed, like in the Dirrell and Taylor fights. Bute could outbox Froch and win on points, like he did against Glen Johnson and Sakio Bika. Alternatively, Froch could win a narrow decision in his hometown, like he did in the Dirrell fight, or Froch could wear Bute down, like Andrade did.

Every opponent Froch faces gives him credit as a tough man. I just think styles make fights and Froch has trouble with slick, fast fighters. I thought Dirrell fought a horrible fight against Froch. I somewhat attribute this to his immaturity at the time, but it may also just be a flaw of Dirrell's. For whatever natural fighting ability he possesses, he may lack a champion's heart and desire. It's yet to be seen. In that fight, Froch was the man, Dirrell the teenager. Back to the point, there were moments in that fight, when Dirrell wasn't holding or running, that he completely outboxed and Froch didn't have an answer to his hand speed. Ward's speed also gave Froch problems, as did Taylor's. I see this playing out like the Taylor fight, and the question will be can (1) Bute finish Froch when he catches him unexpectedly like Taylor did and (2) will Bute wilt down the stretch like Taylor did.
    yep those other outcomes could happen but unlikely

Id say froch wasnt at any point near being knocked out against taylor, yep he went down to a couple of good punches

the only time i have seen him shook up was against dirrell and froch was chasing him down and it was a punch plus frochs forward momentum

What i think about this fight is bute hasnt been tested at anywhere near the level froch is at, he might be as good as everyone is saying but currently he is overrated

froch is underated, people have him down as a plodder but in reality he has lost 2 fights at the very highest level one of which was a debateable decision

my one bet is going on a froch late stoppage, bute will burn more energy than normal in the first 3 quarters of the fight as he is away from home in his first elite level fight and froch will get stronger and stronger
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

people seem to think bute has some thunderous power

wheres the evidence of this? is it coz he has knock out a bunch of second tier fighters who have all been knocked out before? and quicker?

one result that wont happen in Bute KO

the most likely results are froch KO and Bute on points
    he did ruin Andrade who nobody else has ever been able to shake off seriously, that should already say something.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Bute wins, which is no foregone conclusion, given that Ward's best wins are over Froch and Kessler, and Kessler has left the division, can Bute do anything to claim #1 in the division, other than fight Ward? Does Bute climb into the bottom half of the top ten p4p rankings with a win? Assuming again that Bute wins, Ward is in there facing the same level of competition, other than Kessler.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if there is one fight i have watched in the last 30 years where i feel a fighter has truely deserved to lose a the decision it is dirrell when he fought froch

that wasnt a home towm decision and i hope judges take precedent and if there is ever another fight where a fighter runs to that extreme he is disqualified before we get to the scores
    I agree that fights was awful simply because Dirrell would not fight and stank the place out. It would have been awful for boxing if Dirrell got the decision. Froch physically forced that fight and I was so glad he got the deserved decision. Bute is bigger and better than Dirrell and I expect he will bring it to Froch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody who saw the Froch Dirrell presser knows Dirrell was absolutely shitting himself. Search for the thread on this board and you'll probably find a youtube of the head to head when Dirrell completely lost it and was pulled away by his own promoter. Dirrell was a young prospect who did not fancy fighting Froch in his hometown and it showed in the fight. Bute actually volunteered to have the fight in England. He owns the belt and has the biggest commercial pull so could have easily made Froch fight in Montreal but actually wanted to fight in Froch's back yard. That's a confident prime fighter fighting a guy who is on the slide. The only way Bute loses is if he gets robbed by the judges.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who do you guys think the winner should fight? Bute vs Ward seems like the next logical step for both fighters, one has excellent poise and craft, the other brings in the $$$. However if Froch wins do you gents think that a rematch would be in order?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    Who do you guys think the winner should fight? Bute vs Ward seems like the next logical step for both fighters, one has excellent poise and craft, the other brings in the $$$. However if Froch wins do you gents think that a rematch would be in order?
    I think if it is close there is a rematch contracted for Canada.
    Balls

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    I think if it is close there is a rematch contracted for Canada.
    Yep, a rematch contract for Montreal has been signed. However, i don't know all the modalities about it (does have the rematch to be straight after, in the year to come or..)
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    If Bute wins, which is no foregone conclusion, given that Ward's best wins are over Froch and Kessler, and Kessler has left the division, can Bute do anything to claim #1 in the division, other than fight Ward? Does Bute climb into the bottom half of the top ten p4p rankings with a win? Assuming again that Bute wins, Ward is in there facing the same level of competition, other than Kessler.
    I think he pretty much has to beat Ward to claim #1 in the division.

The only other way it could happen would be if he went on a tear and beat everyone else in the division in a totally dominant fashion while Ward sat on the sidelines and didn't fight. I don't see that happening. Maybe (and this is debatable) going up for a one-off against the winner of Hopkins/Dawson and winning that would do it too.

But there's absolutely no reason that Ward-Bute shouldn't happen if Bute wins, so hopefully this is all academic. (Not that "necessary" fights aren't prevented from happening for BS reasons all the time.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If froch wins against bute both times then where does froch go? Stieglitz?? The ibf and wbo that would make froch number 1 or a very very close number2!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    If froch wins against bute both times then where does froch go? Stieglitz?? The ibf and wbo that would make froch number 1 or a very very close number2!!
    If he managed to do that, a rematch with Ward would seem the only logical option. Froch-Dirrell 2 is the only other one at this weight that would make any sense. (I think Froch-Cloud would be a GREAT fight though.)

Thread Information