Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Credit to Hatton for getting into the ring against the two p4p fighters today. I just don't think his resume warranted getting those shots in the first place. I think it was more of a popularity issue that carried Hatton to those big paydays.

Where Hatton DID rub me the wrong way was when he dared to imply he was fighting for the world's p4p when he was going to face Pacquaio. The nerve. And just bypass all other, much better fighters than himself in the process? Sorry... that's not the way p4p works. You WORK your way toward a p4p fight by beating the top contenders out there. And convincingly... not the way he got the nod against Luis Collazo.

As it turns out, justice was made in the ring... and any talk of world's p4p disappeared with one vicious left cross from hell.

how does beating the worlds p4p champion not make you the new p4p champion ?

Are you suggesting that beating Pac would've made Hatton the world's p4p? I hope not. #1- He hadn't earned the shot. Just like he hadn't earned the shot at Mayweather. #2- There were lots of fighters more deserving of p4p than Hatton at that point in time. #3- Any fighter can have a bad night. Hatton has never come within sniffing distance of world's p4p. Fact.
I am not saying Hatton was p4p champion , im saying if he had beaten PAC the p4p champion at the time, what would that have made Hatton ?
Its a question aimed at you.