Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson Fury - Martin Rogan fight thread

I can't wait for this fight I think its going to be filled with excited and usual Fury drama. Who's going on the floor first then?? Is anybody giving Rogan a chance of pulling off the upset? I think Fury needs to be careful because Rogan can bang as hes shown us before. Fury cant afford slip ups here, I've read this week that he says it's going to be a routine win? I hope so, but I just can see it being an all out war for 6-7 rounds and fury having to come from behind and off the floor to either stop him on cuts or battering Rogan and the ref stepping in.

What do you all think??
    Last edited by Tam Seddon; 04-13-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rogan can definitely floor Fury and I kind of hope he wins because Tyson is very annoying and very overrated. Also it's quite satisfying watching another 40+ guy handing some whipper snapper his ass on a plate.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson Fury - Martin Rogan fight thread

I know there is disagreement over it, but I still say Fury dodged the bullet with Price. He's built into an attraction as he should be, but he'll never be world level in my opinion. I'd like to see him against Richard Towers in a few fights.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think its a 50-50 fight
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I know there is disagreement over it, but I still say Fury dodged the bullet with Price. He's built into an attraction as he should be, but he'll never be world level in my opinion. I'd like to see him against Richard Towers in a few fights.
    He definately dodged price. He said he wont fight price because he wanted to move on to bigger better things. So he gave up the british and commonwealth belts to win the irish belt. Thats moving on to bigger better things. Rogan has been out of the limelight for a while. I think Price at the moment is the bigger catch.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Rogan wins, but I think Fury will be too much for him, Fury is supposed to be in much better shape than his last few fights.

Shame because I really like Rogan, he's a top bloke and just a great story. I'll be rooting for Rogan.

Fury nearly did have a fight with Towers, but then went abroad instead. Towers would tear him apart.

Both Towers and Rogan always up for a chat with fans too. Twitter and the like.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope Tyson wins but Rogan was saying he has heard that Tyson has hurt his leg and cannot do running.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do like Fury I do think he brings a lot of excitment to the domestic heavyweight scene, but he does seem to have a lot going on in the back ground and if he could conquer that he could be such a force at heavyweight. In saying that for a heavyweight he is only 23 and a lot of people forget that when comparing him with David Price, both however are growing into the division and are world title bound as Wladamir Klitschko pointed out in his last fight that these two men are making heat in the weight class with their size. They are both turning into genuine threats and for that IMO I personally would prefer a fight down the road when both men have built their names a bit and between them gained more experience and US exposure, which both are on the way of doing.

Maybe this was a smarter finanical move for Fury career wise not to take on such a high risk in fighting Price, who I have no doubt would have taken the fight. Fury-Price would be an outstanding fight, but yes on recent performances I would go with Price to win by stoppage. It's a fight that no doubt within the next 2-3 years tops if both continue in the ways they are doing, it would no doubt be a world wide attractive fight.

I just feel Fury needs to do the business today, he needs to put on a big performance. I think fighting Rogan is a good hurdle for him, and especially it being for the Irish title you get a sense that Fury really does want this. Rogan wont be no mug though, he is a class act and ive always been excited with his work ethic and drama he has brought to fights and with how chinny Fury can be at times I do feel he has a chance of landing. It wakes Fury up though and for that I feel that we will have a good fight tonight.

I am looking forward to it, but I hope Fury wins. I have an accumlator today of Liverpool, Burnley, Birmingham, Juan Manuel Marquez and Tyson Fury to win. A lot of heatbreak material there though if it doesnt come through haha .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sexton stopped Rogan twice so I expect Fury should be able to do the same. Chisora easily beat Sexton and Fury beat Chisora. That theory does work in boxing but as a genreal formline it would be a shock if Fury slipped up tonight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didnt sexton stop rogan both times on cuts and if i remember correctly rogan was coming on and dominating sexton in at least the first fight, not seen the second which kinda throws the lineal theory out a bit?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah Rogan was doing ok and he got stopped on cuts, he isnt a mug like and will no doubt push Fury tonight.

Anybody know what time the fights start??

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Yeah Rogan was doing ok and he got stopped on cuts, he isnt a mug like and will no doubt push Fury tonight.

Probably at 10pm and they may show Eubanks Jnr if he is fighting too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by oakleyno1 View Post
    didnt sexton stop rogan both times on cuts and if i remember correctly rogan was coming on and dominating sexton in at least the first fight, not seen the second which kinda throws the lineal theory out a bit?
    Yeah first fight was abit dodgy cuz Rogan was doing well just as the fight was stopped but the rematch he just quit. I think we will see sometyhing similar tonight . Strong start but once teh gas tank empties at 40 years old there will be no way he can get a second wind and he'll be stopped in the middle rounds.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post

Probably at 10pm and they may show Eubanks Jnr if he is fighting too.
    Yes he is fighting, I will keep my eyes peeled for when it starts, im looking forward to seeing Eubank Jnr again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank Jr is taking on a guy who is 5-0 in only his 3rd fight. Props for that.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Thread Information