Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RULE CHANGE NEEDED: Judges decisions should be subject to being overturned

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RULE CHANGE NEEDED: Judges decisions should be subject to being overturned

I haven't seen the fight but now, I am terribly curious about it, especially the way everybody seems to agree that it is a total robbery in all due respects.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RULE CHANGE NEEDED: Judges decisions should be subject to being overturned

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I haven't seen the fight but now, I am terribly curious about it, especially the way everybody seems to agree that it is a total robbery in all due respects.
    You should catch up on the fight Nameles man. To award Rios by SD was plain absurd. I gave Rios 3 rounds I think.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    The decision was absolutely outrageous and a disgrace to the sport.

Around about the 9th round, I was sayin to my Father "You know Abril is not going to get the decision. There is too much money to be made from Rios fighting Marquez."

And sure enough good ol' uncle Bob made sure Rios didn't lose, even tho he clearly did.

My Dad has often suggested that internet boxing nerds like us should get together and create a wesbite or something to keep track of the judges who pull shit like this and protest that something be done about it.

Anyone up for such a thing ?

Count me in! It's gotta be better than being limited to a lot of helpless hand-wringing after the fights. Same shit keeps on happening over and over again. Maybe it's up to us true boxing fans to save the sport from itself.
    There's a guy on here, called fightscorecollector all he does is poll forums and research peoples scores for fights, and then compiles them on his blog, it's a very good place for information and could be invaluable to this cause.

Fight Score Collector
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Worst decision I've seen! Was just awful! I gave rios 2 rounds maybe 3 if your kind. There's no way he should have been given the decision!

Some people will know more than me, so, is there nothing that can be done now? ie the decision overturned or an immediate rematch forced?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Carl9234 View Post
    Worst decision I've seen! Was just awful! I gave rios 2 rounds maybe 3 if your kind. There's no way he should have been given the decision!

Some people will know more than me, so, is there nothing that can be done now? ie the decision overturned or an immediate rematch forced?
    The commission won't do anything, there's too much money on the table.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl9234 View Post

The commission won't do anything, there's too much money on the table.
    It was a shocking decision. I just wondered if they could overturn it if they see fit? I'm sure nothing would be done anyway as you say too much money to be made!

Like other people have said its ruining the sport! Judges should be held accountable for these ridiculous decisions as these are the things driving fans away! I'm pleased I'm not in America paying a obscene amount for ppv's with endings like that!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was just a corrupt decision.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Around about the 9th round, I was sayin to my Father "You know Abril is not going to get the decision. There is too much money to be made from Rios fighting Marquez."

And sure enough good ol' uncle Bob made sure Rios didn't lose, even tho he clearly did.

My Dad has often suggested that internet boxing nerds like us should get together and create a wesbite or something to keep track of the judges who pull shit like this and protest that something be done about it.

Count me in! It's gotta be better than being limited to a lot of helpless hand-wringing after the fights. Same shit keeps on happening over and over again. Maybe it's up to us true boxing fans to save the sport from itself.
    Yes, but I don't know how to create a website

Maybe we saddo boxing fans should just create a thread and keep track of this horrible decisions and like I said sign a petition and send it to the athletic commission demanding these judges be held accountable.

Probably won't do a damn thing, but ya never know it could get the ball rolling and get the wheels of justice turning.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, but I don't know how to create a website

Maybe we saddo boxing fans should just create a thread and keep track of this horrible decisions and like I said sign a petition and send it to the athletic commission demanding these judges be held accountable.

Probably won't do a damn thing, but ya never know it could get the ball rolling and get the wheels of justice turning.

Couple of posts back, killersheep mentioned a poster fightscorecollector, who posts here regularly. Think he's got some kind of blog going. I myself am at a loss as to what we saddo'ers can do to maybe begin some sort of "reform" if you will.... but anything's worth a try at this point. I just hate to constantly be finding myself (along with the rest of boxing fans) getting pissed off over these blatant robberies, and with time nothing happens and people just forget till the next time it happens. Someone should PAY for these imcompetencies (or worse.... corrupt acts).

Thread Information