Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RULE CHANGE NEEDED: Judges decisions should be subject to being overturned

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Angry RULE CHANGE NEEDED: Judges decisions should be subject to being overturned

Another disgraceful hometown decision to further ruin our great sport of boxing. For the judges tonight to have robbed Richard April of a clear victory over Brandon Rios was not only a slap in the face to the poor Abril, who did everything he could to win the fight and deserved the win... but was also a black eye for boxing, and a huge turnoff to both veteran fans and new fans of boxing. Even the commentators couldn't believe the robbery.

It is clear that we need a rule change in the sport of boxing. Boxing needs a mechanism by which an absurd decision such as this can be overturned. And damn it...... boxing judges need to start being held accountable for these acts of ineptitude and/or corruption. Otherwise, boxing will continue to lose popularity, and new potential fans will be turned off and continue going to other sports, such as MMA, which already has taken a lot of boxing fans away.

How many more Abril-Rios robberies do we need to see before something is done? This is pathetic. Rios doesn't deserve a mega-fight with Marquez. F*ck him. How laughable that Top Rank felt the need to interview Rios's people at the end of the telecast and they of course said that Rios had clearly won. WHAT THE HELL ELSE WERE THEY GOING TO SAY?

Other sports survive by making rule changes as they become necessary, or as public opinion demands them. Why can't boxing follow suit? This is unbelievable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RULE CHANGE NEEDED: Judges decisions should be subject to being overturned

robbery of the year for sure. I had it 118-110 for Abril. Terrible decision . One of the worst i've seen

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RULE CHANGE NEEDED: Judges decisions should be subject to being overturned

Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post
    robbery of the year for sure. I had it 118-110 for Abril. Terrible decision . One of the worst i've seen

Sometimes a decision is bad enough to be called "inept". This one went further than that. I'd go out on a limb and call this one "corrupt".

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The decision was absolutely outrageous and a disgrace to the sport.

Around about the 9th round, I was sayin to my Father "You know Abril is not going to get the decision. There is too much money to be made from Rios fighting Marquez."

And sure enough good ol' uncle Bob made sure Rios didn't lose, even tho he clearly did.

My Dad has often suggested that internet boxing nerds like us should get together and create a wesbite or something to keep track of the judges who pull shit like this and protest that something be done about it.

Anyone up for such a thing ?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This musta been baaaaaf if its worse than campilo cloud cause that was terriblr

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Imagine the Campillo Cloud fight except without the knockdowns. It was pretty much like that.

I had Rios winning 3 rounds and that was being generous.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top rank is worth billions.
    Top rank bribes everyone to succeed.
    If it goes to points against rios or manny...your losing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing is screwed. You get bullsh*t decisions. The best fighters avoid fighting each other. They charge sh*t loads of money for fights (as specially you americans who get robbed in my opinion). Every fight is based around money and not Grudges or fighters wanting to be the best.
    I myself have found UFC a breath of fresh air in that department. You always get the best fighters against each other and there is no where near as many dodgy decisions. UFC is not as exciting due to the ground game but at least there is no where near as much corruption and the titles actually mean something.
    Look at Cleverly and Warren. They were told they had to fight a guy ranked 10th in the world for the title defence but they winged it and mannaged to get a title defence against a guy ranked 40th in the world just to protect Cleverly. How does a guy ranked 40th in the world deserve a shot at a title.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: RULE CHANGE NEEDED: Judges decisions should be subject to being overturned

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gest12645 View Post

Sometimes a decision is bad enough to be called "inept". This one went further than that. I'd go out on a limb and call this one "corrupt".
    I go with what you say the judges must have had blindfolds on, Rios is riding his luck at the moment
    but it can't last much longer.Over the many years I have been a fan that decision ranks up there with
    the worst of them, disgusting it seems you will have to ko Rios to beat him.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Imagine the Campillo Cloud fight except without the knockdowns. It was pretty much like that.

I had Rios winning 3 rounds and that was being generous.
    As I said in some other post I guess I'm glad I went out instead of stayin in n watchin the fights cause this shis getting ridicelous...robberies always been a part of boxing but they used to be the exception, here latly it seems like they're the norm and when we see a just decision were surprised...its fucked up but money talks, if rios faces marquez he gets utterly schooled, fuck some judges

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The worst robbery I have seen in living memory. Just shocking.

Fuck you Bob Arum you rancid turd of a man. We shall all spit upon your grave and some may even dig you up and cook your bones in bizarre black magic rituals.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What should happen -
    Ban the judges and overturn the decison

What will happen -
    Sweet FA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing needs to change, it never has sit right with me that the decision on who wins comes down to 3 people. Either A. Make the judge Panel bigger and by that I'm talking about at least 10 judges.. that way if we have 2-3 idiots we still might have about 7-8 logical ones. Or B like Tito stated Commission should replay the fight if it's deemed that foul judging took place and have a panel review the fight and if 80 percent or more say the fight needs to be overturned for the commission to rule in that favor. Also imply heavy fines on bad referring and judges making bad calls with possible yearly or life time bans. Hey basketball and football players get fined for bad play even coaches and sometimes refs. So why cant we do it too? Boxing needs to evolve to grow like all the other sports have. Seems like we like to stick to school rules but we need to evolve like when we made 15 rounders instead of just having the two fighters fight till one was knocked out.. and then how we moved from 15 to 12. The time is now... otherwise people will still look at us as a dying sport.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    The decision was absolutely outrageous and a disgrace to the sport.

Around about the 9th round, I was sayin to my Father "You know Abril is not going to get the decision. There is too much money to be made from Rios fighting Marquez."

And sure enough good ol' uncle Bob made sure Rios didn't lose, even tho he clearly did.

My Dad has often suggested that internet boxing nerds like us should get together and create a wesbite or something to keep track of the judges who pull shit like this and protest that something be done about it.

Anyone up for such a thing ?

Count me in! It's gotta be better than being limited to a lot of helpless hand-wringing after the fights. Same shit keeps on happening over and over again. Maybe it's up to us true boxing fans to save the sport from itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    What will happen -
    Sweet FA
    So true.

Thread Information