Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did anyone score the fight for Rios?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did anyone score the fight for Rios?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ok, let me say one thing about the "aggresion" factor. It's supposed to be effective aggresion. You can wade in... get peppered with shots... miss a few of your own, or get them blocked.... and you haven't done a damn thing. Are boxing judges such imbeciles that they can't tell effective aggresion from INeffective aggresion? Who cares that Rios was coming forward all night. He hardly, if ever, connected cleanly on Abril. Most of his shots were blocked, missed altogether, or were smothered by Abril. A blind chimpanzee on crack could've scored the fight better than ol' Curly, Larry, and Moe the other night.

So again.... no frigging way on Earth did Rios win that fight. The decision was outrageous, and the only two possible explanation are:

1. Two of the worst, most retarded boxing judges in the history of the sport.
    2. Money exchanged hands.

End of story.
    No disrespect bro, but have you ever been ringside for a fight? The judges have the best view in the house. I would argue with that. Ringside, you're looking UP at the action, not necessarily the best angle. PLUS... you miss a lot of the action on the opposite side of the ring. Simple geometry. You're sitting below a level surface, which if the ring is big enough will obscure your view of the other side. When you watch on TV you're at the mercy of TV directors. They can make whoever they want look the winner. Personally I think you're giving the directors too much credit. I don't they're good enough to "skew" the viewing public in either direction. They're too busy trying to get the best shots and not screw up.

It may have looked like Rios lost on TV but the people with the best view saw him win. Trust me. If you watched that fight ringside like I didn't you would've made Rios the winner. Fact. Again you throw in that key word... "didn't". I don't get it. You didn't watch it at ringside either. What makes you so sure then that Rios won the fight?

Honestly no... I've never been ringside for a fight. I've been to plenty of fights, and with pretty good seats (personally, I like to sit slightly above the ring... so I tend to favor small colisseums). But you bring up some points, which I would like to answer. Please see my comments in red alongside yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, let's see....

There's Rios himself, Robert Garcia, Rios' parents, the two corrupt judges...... and wait..... it appears Fenster also scored it for Rios. That would be a total of 7 people. Add a few close (and blind) friends in there, his wife (and/or girlfriend), and you'd be pushing what..... about 15-20 people that probably scored the fight for Rios.

Go figure.

If Fenster had it for Rios then they must have gotten the decision right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone disgusted with the outcome should read and sign this petition, just takes 1 minute of your time

https://www.change.org/petitions/a-p...ke-boxing-fair
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, let me say one thing about the "aggresion" factor. It's supposed to be effective aggresion. You can wade in... get peppered with shots... miss a few of your own, or get them blocked.... and you haven't done a damn thing. Are boxing judges such imbeciles that they can't tell effective aggresion from INeffective aggresion? Who cares that Rios was coming forward all night. He hardly, if ever, connected cleanly on Abril. Most of his shots were blocked, missed altogether, or were smothered by Abril. A blind chimpanzee on crack could've scored the fight better than ol' Curly, Larry, and Moe the other night.

So again.... no frigging way on Earth did Rios win that fight. The decision was outrageous, and the only two possible explanation are:

End of story.
    No disrespect bro, but have you ever been ringside for a fight? The judges have the best view in the house. When you watch on TV you're at the mercy of TV directors. They can make whoever they want look the winner.

It may have looked like Rios lost on TV but the people with the best view saw him win. Trust me. If you watched that fight ringside like I didn't you would've made Rios the winner. Fact.
    As I first started posting here, I didn't like this Fenster guy.

But now, as I've read more posts of his, I realize that he's a comic genius.

No, seriously. Good on you, mate.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

End of story.
    No disrespect bro, but have you ever been ringside for a fight? The judges have the best view in the house. I would argue with that. Ringside, you're looking UP at the action, not necessarily the best angle. PLUS... you miss a lot of the action on the opposite side of the ring. Simple geometry. You're sitting below a level surface, which if the ring is big enough will obscure your view of the other side. When you watch on TV you're at the mercy of TV directors. They can make whoever they want look the winner. Personally I think you're giving the directors too much credit. I don't they're good enough to "skew" the viewing public in either direction. They're too busy trying to get the best shots and not screw up.

It may have looked like Rios lost on TV but the people with the best view saw him win. Trust me. If you watched that fight ringside like I didn't you would've made Rios the winner. Fact. Again you throw in that key word... "didn't". I don't get it. You didn't watch it at ringside either. What makes you so sure then that Rios won the fight?

Honestly no... I've never been ringside for a fight. I've been to plenty of fights, and with pretty good seats (personally, I like to sit slightly above the ring... so I tend to favor small colisseums). But you bring up some points, which I would like to answer. Please see my comments in red alongside yours.
    This is getting off the topic, but I agree with you if you are in a small arena. In a bigger arena, sitting a little bit above often means you are far back too. In that case, I'd prefer to be closer and a little bit lower.

Thread Information