Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
There didn't seem to be much interest in this Showtime Card last night, only a few members posting on the thread. From now on i'm going to be a little more selective when I post a fight thread., it's not worth it if only 4-5 members respond.

Hop vs. Dawson on HBO next weekend (April 28th), it might end up sucking, but the rematch deserves a fight thread.
I never comment on or look at these threads at the time because I'm on the west coast and SHO and HBO don't play the HD versions of the fights until 2-3 hours after they've played elsewhere. But I do like looking at these threads as soon as I've watched the fights and seen the results. I was surprised at how little commentary there was on this one.

Maybe I'm just expressing my bias but I was once again not super-impressed with Mares and was quite impressed with Moreno. I still think Moreno wins a fairly wide UD if they fight each other. I just don't like watching Mares -- it's a little like Tim Bradley. Big heart, pretty good at lots of things but no aspect of his game is really virtuosic or elite (the body work comes closest, when he's able to keep it legal) -- and not much power. I just don't find him exciting to watch, this fight included.

I thought Moreno looked great, again. Awesome defense without running and great timing and precision. He is the real deal and deserves fights with the top-tier guys, starting with Mares.