0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto"s only HOPE to wın ıs by KO FAST

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Floyd has stamina, and he might also be extremely durable his skills have prevented as from having to find out and I think that it'll be the same here. As I said before I think floyd takes this something like 9 to 3 or maybe late stopage. As I said before I really think cotto is damaged goods and has been for a while.
    Floyd does have stamina and his defense is awesome, but we don't know if he can take consistent punishment from a guy who will be there for at least 9 rounds. Miguel Cotto can win rounds, and if he can rough Floyd up then we may have an upset on our hands.

Remember when Bernard Hopkins was seemingly untouchable at 160? That's the way I see Floyd. Their strengths in defense, getting their opponents to fight the way they want to fight, and sneaky power/stamina really casts an aura of invincibility over them. But time stands still for no one and although Floyd is faster, has a bit of an advantage in reach & height, and is a more skilled pure boxer, Miguel Cotto is a big boy and will weigh close to 165 (ballpark guess) if not more come fight night will have an edge on power, and unlike most of Floyd's other opponents Cotto can switch up to southpaw and be just as effective.

What I'm saying is, no matter how great Floyd looks right now Miguel Cotto is a very live underdog who fights with a lot of heart and will give 100% out there in the ring. For the first time in a while Floyd will have to EARN a win and that right there is good for boxing. The fact that Alvarez could lose to Mosely on the undercard makes this a night of boxing I refuse to miss out on.

Win or lose for Cotto May 5th is going to be a great night of boxing!
    I hope you're right, I don't see Floyd dropping Cotto at all but I do see it ala Floyd Gatti, eventually. Seeing the 24/7 with Cotto looking great with a great trainer sugarcoats reality though
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look what Marquez did, cotto isn't much different, if anything Marquez is more durable than cotto and may weather cruised that fight

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Look what Marquez did, cotto isn't much different, if anything Marquez is more durable than cotto and may weather cruised that fight
    Juan Manuel Marquez was fighting WELL above his best weight, Miguel Cotto is a LEGIT 154 pounder and if Floyd could beat Cotto like he beat JMM I would be outright shocked. I don't expect Cotto to win, I want him to, and I can see how he could, but Floyd is a great fighter. I do expect Cotto to give Floyd hell though....not a single person Cotto has fought had an "Easy Night's Work" not Margarito the first time, not Pacquiao at a catchweight (I believe Pac got a busted eardrum from that fight), nobody....NOBODY.

I can't see Cotto acting like JMM or Shane in where he just gives up or is 100% outclassed. Cotto is a guy who will go out on his shield, he will probably get cut & swole up to the point they stop the fight, but Cotto is going to pressure Floyd, Floyd will have to earn the W.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has stamina, and he might also be extremely durable his skills have prevented as from having to find out and I think that it'll be the same here. As I said before I think floyd takes this something like 9 to 3 or maybe late stopage. As I said before I really think cotto is damaged goods and has been for a while.
    Floyd does have stamina and his defense is awesome, but we don't know if he can take consistent punishment from a guy who will be there for at least 9 rounds. Miguel Cotto can win rounds, and if he can rough Floyd up then we may have an upset on our hands.

Remember when Bernard Hopkins was seemingly untouchable at 160? That's the way I see Floyd. Their strengths in defense, getting their opponents to fight the way they want to fight, and sneaky power/stamina really casts an aura of invincibility over them. But time stands still for no one and although Floyd is faster, has a bit of an advantage in reach & height, and is a more skilled pure boxer, Miguel Cotto is a big boy and will weigh close to 165 (ballpark guess) if not more come fight night will have an edge on power, and unlike most of Floyd's other opponents Cotto can switch up to southpaw and be just as effective.

What I'm saying is, no matter how great Floyd looks right now Miguel Cotto is a very live underdog who fights with a lot of heart and will give 100% out there in the ring. For the first time in a while Floyd will have to EARN a win and that right there is good for boxing. The fact that Alvarez could lose to Mosely on the undercard makes this a night of boxing I refuse to miss out on.

Well have to agree to disagree on this one cause I see floyd having an easy night after four or five rounds, but hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only way Mayweather has en easy night after 4/5 rounds is if Cotto has become a very very old worn fighter.

Mayweather is not a power puncher (hurtful and accurate, yes) which will be good for Cotto.

If Cotto can get his jab working and set himself up for combinations then force PBF back and against the ropes he will tire him out and Mayweather will be forced to up his work rate which he doesn't like having to do.

I'm not predicting a Cotto win as I haven't quite decided on what I think will happen but I reckon we are in for a very competitive fight especially with Cotto coming in after some good confidence boosting wins in his last few fights.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Iv bet £50 on cotto to win at 4/2 odds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Only way Mayweather has en easy night after 4/5 rounds is if Cotto has become a very very old worn fighter.

Mayweather is not a power puncher (hurtful and accurate, yes) which will be good for Cotto.

If Cotto can get his jab working and set himself up for combinations then force PBF back and against the ropes he will tire him out and Mayweather will be forced to up his work rate which he doesn't like having to do.

I'm not predicting a Cotto win as I haven't quite decided on what I think will happen but I reckon we are in for a very competitive fight especially with Cotto coming in after some good confidence boosting wins in his last few fights.
    you beat me to it, this is one of the scenarios I was having to play out in my mind but scared to say, I hope you're right
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have alot of confidence in Cotto. If he tries to bring the fight to Floyd he will only tire himself out for the second half of the fight which will make for stupidly easy pickings for Floyd. Flolyd has the speed, the stamina, the defence, the skill and the power on his side. Not an easy combination to defeat unless you have the mother of all game plans. If floyd can take Hattons pace and punishment then Cotto will not be a problem. I dont see cotto getting to many good shots of on Floyd to cause any problems as Floyd will very quickly work out his pattern and send his own deadly attacks back. I think he has Cottos number in every area. I do however hope to god your right as I would love to see the smile wiped off that smug pricks face but I am very sure your wrong and your love of your fighter is blinding your judgement.
    Not trying to be a prick just the totally opposate view. Sorry buddy but your fighter has no chance.

jon09 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Look what happnd to hatton for going for the controlled kn
    Hatton is a completely different fighter a roughhousing pressure fighter....Miguel Cotto can box and he does so very well. Cotto needs to avoid getting lured in to traps that Floyd will set. No doubt about it Floyd is a very smart and crafty fighter with tons of skill, but Cotto is well skilled too and he's younger than Floyd, younger than De la Hoya, younger than Shane, and he's fresher as well. I give full credit to Floyd it's a dangerous fight for him probably the 3rd most dangerous fight he could make behind Pac (obviously) and Martinez.
    And traps meaning the uppercut on the inside when a fighter like Cotto who leads with his head tends to fall for. Cotto is a pretty smart fighter and even in his 2 losses he took and dished out punishment. The 1 thing I hope Cotto does is keep the fight in the center of the ring and not follow Floyd all night. Cotto's jab and body attack are keys to winning and pulling off 2012's upset of the year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Every person that's on Floyd's nuts right now doesn't seem to realize his cherry picking ways. Ortiz, Marquez, and Mosley weren't the best fighters in the world when Mayweather fought them. Cotto is Floyd's best competition since Hatton, at the very least.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slim the BoxingManiac View Post
    Every person that's on Floyd's nuts right now doesn't seem to realize his cherry picking ways. Ortiz, Marquez, and Mosley weren't the best fighters in the world when Mayweather fought them. Cotto is Floyd's best competition since Hatton, at the very least.
    Give me those three opponents over a way past it margarito and mayorga and over a b level yuri foreman...so floyd will be far above the level of fighters cotto has fought recently, don't think the reverse is true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto beating Margarito was about nothing else other than exorcising the demons. What that would have done for Cotto mentally is priceless.

Mayweather has faced good guys lately. Marquez is an absolute warrior but he was too small, his heart and skills were not going to make up that disadvantage. Mosley is a name, but was there to last the distance. Ortiz was a good live opponent but he fucked things for himself before the fight really got started.

Cotto's fights have been confidence builders, Mayweathers have been money makers.

It's hard to predict this fight really as we don't know if Cotto has much left. Also Mayweather fights so infrequently and he is at an age where the activity can creep up on him.

We can't deny that on paper it is a very good fight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give me those three opponents over a way past it margarito and mayorga and over a b level yuri foreman...so floyd will be far above the level of fighters cotto has fought recently, don't think the reverse is true.
    A good fight with Pac > A win against any guy Floyd's beaten since Hatton.

I also wasn't comparing the level of competition between Floyd and Cotto. I was saying that Floyd hasn't been fighting top level opponents, and Cotto IS a top level opponent.

Cotto beating Margarito was about nothing else other than exorcising the demons. What that would have done for Cotto mentally is priceless.

Mayweather has faced good guys lately. Marquez is an absolute warrior but he was too small, his heart and skills were not going to make up that disadvantage. Mosley is a name, but was there to last the distance. Ortiz was a good live opponent but he fucked things for himself before the fight really got started.

Cotto's fights have been confidence builders, Mayweathers have been money makers.

It's hard to predict this fight really as we don't know if Cotto has much left. Also Mayweather fights so infrequently and he is at an age where the activity can creep up on him.

Absolutely spot on, mate.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good fight with Pac > A win against any guy Floyd's beaten since Hatton.

I also wasn't comparing the level of competition between Floyd and Cotto. I was saying that Floyd hasn't been fighting top level opponents, and Cotto IS a top level opponent.

Absolutely spot on, mate.
    Shane had beaten marg in his fight prior to floyd, ortiz beat berto I don't see how they weren't top level Marquez is top level as well but was to small...I'm not sure this version of cotto is better than the shane or ortiz floyd fought. I guess I just have far less faith in cotto than most on here it seems

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And holy crap this thread done turned me into a floyd defender ugh

Thread Information