Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto"s only HOPE to wın ıs by KO FAST

And hopıng for that fast KO wıll not happen ıf he doesnt rush ın wıldly ın a sort of bullyıng shovıng rough house manner. Standıng and boxıng wıll be lıke watchıng Bert Cooper stand and box wıth Evander Holyfıeld.

If Cotto ıs Cooper he has a chance. as dıd Cooper for a few glorıous moments.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto"s only HOPE to wın ıs by KO FAST

No. Because, no.

El Kabong Guest

I can sort of understand your point brockton, but that's a loser's mentality to think that way if you're Cotto. Cotto needs to let Floyd feel his power early on, no doubt about it, but he doesn't NEED to KO Floyd early to win. Cotto can pump the jab, make Floyd work in to get shots off, Cotto needs to be precise and efficient with his work. Muscle in on Floyd, make the fight a little dirty, but watch for the elbows. Cotto needs to work high and low and time his shots....you KNOW for a fact that Floyd is going to roll & counter, you also know he'll feint in as well...if Cotto times 1 of those just right he can hurt Floyd and when Cotto has a guy hurt he's very good at putting them away. The main thing I worry about with Cotto in this match is I don't want Floyd's speed to shellshock Cotto the way Pacquiao's seemed to. If Cotto can land effectively Floyd is in for a LONG night win or lose.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you're goin life and death with zab till a few low blows slow him you're not beating floyd...same with his fight witth clottey they were dead even till clottey slowed down. Floyd has every advantage, I wouldn't even say cottos power is that much better, if at all, cotto loses this

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather has neither size or strength to threaten Cotto and Cotto is way fast enough with a very good jab to bother him and to nullify a part of his speed. Add to that a monster coach in PEdro Diaz who was behind the Cuban powerhouse during their golden years and you could be in for much more competition than what you wish for.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    If you're goin life and death with zab till a few low blows slow him you're not beating floyd...same with his fight witth clottey they were dead even till clottey slowed down. Floyd has every advantage, I wouldn't even say cottos power is that much better, if at all, cotto loses this

Who else had trouble with Zab Floyd...don't act like fighting Zab was some sort of cake walk for Junior who got cracked good with the left. Cotto didn't just beat Zab, he punished him, he stopped him.

Sure Cotto is the underdog in this fight but give the man some fucking credit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Who else had trouble with Zab Floyd...don't act like fighting Zab was some sort of cake walk for Junior who got cracked good with the left. Cotto didn't just beat Zab, he punished him, he stopped him.

Sure Cotto is the underdog in this fight but give the man some fucking credit
    Yeah except I think those lowblows slowed zab down...intentional or not. I see you make no mention of the clottey fight which in many peoples eyes could have gone either way, and if you go life and death with him you're not beatin floyd. I don't mind cotto and despise floyd but cotto literally has no chance to me, he's a damaged fighter in my eyes
    Last edited by armin; 04-24-2012 at 05:58 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Yeah except I think those lowblows slowed zab down...intentional or not. I see you make no mention of the clottey fight which in many peoples eyes could have gone either way, and if you go life and death with him you're not beatin floyd. I don't mind cotto and despise floyd but cotto literally has no chance to me, he's a damaged fighter in my eyes
    Well if the low blows slowed Zab down then it was a wise move by Cotto and I wouldn't doubt he'd do that vs Floyd if he thought it would help him win. I don't make mention of the Clottey fight because it's erroneous, Floyd doesn't fight like Clottey, Cotto was just coming off a loss to Margarito who Clottey was a poor man's version of. Clottey is durable and durability + stamina kills Cotto. To win Cotto needs his opponent to feel the power he has, Mosley did and he backed off a bit, Pacquiao fought through it but then again Cotto didn't have a trainer in that fight.

Cotto is an underdog, but he has skills that will make Floyd WORK for a win, it won't be easy for him I can tell you that. Hell Pacquiao did tons of damage to Cotto as did Margarito, but Cotto is a warrior, he's not easy to beat.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well if the low blows slowed Zab down then it was a wise move by Cotto and I wouldn't doubt he'd do that vs Floyd if he thought it would help him win. I don't make mention of the Clottey fight because it's erroneous, Floyd doesn't fight like Clottey, Cotto was just coming off a loss to Margarito who Clottey was a poor man's version of. Clottey is durable and durability + stamina kills Cotto. To win Cotto needs his opponent to feel the power he has, Mosley did and he backed off a bit, Pacquiao fought through it but then again Cotto didn't have a trainer in that fight.

Cotto is an underdog, but he has skills that will make Floyd WORK for a win, it won't be easy for him I can tell you that. Hell Pacquiao did tons of damage to Cotto as did Margarito, but Cotto is a warrior, he's not easy to beat.

what is the difference in durability and stamina exactly??
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

El Kabong Guest

Durable means you're able to take punishment while Stamina means you're able to keep a high workrate for long periods of time without tiring

2 completely different things although they can be found together in certain fighters, Jack Dempsey, Rocky Marciano, Joe Frazier (vs Ali especially), Evander Holyfield, Marvin Hagler.

Some guys are durable but don't have the stamina: old George Foreman, Mike Tyson, Tex Cobb, old Bernard Hopkins etc.

Some guys have stamina but aren't durable: Floyd Patterson, Leo Dorin, Arturo Gatti, etc.

When Miguel Cotto encountered Antonio Margarito the first time, Miguel had mowed down everyone else in front of him and had planned to do the same to Toni, but Margarito didn't wilt from the power of Cotto's shots and didn't tire from Cotto's aggression (as well as his own punch output) ergo Toni was too durable & had great enough stamina to beat Cotto (and of course the loaded wraps hurt Miguel too of course).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look what happnd to hatton for going for the controlled kn

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Look what happnd to hatton for going for the controlled kn
    Hatton is a completely different fighter a roughhousing pressure fighter....Miguel Cotto can box and he does so very well. Cotto needs to avoid getting lured in to traps that Floyd will set. No doubt about it Floyd is a very smart and crafty fighter with tons of skill, but Cotto is well skilled too and he's younger than Floyd, younger than De la Hoya, younger than Shane, and he's fresher as well. I give full credit to Floyd it's a dangerous fight for him probably the 3rd most dangerous fight he could make behind Pac (obviously) and Martinez.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Cotto having some success definitely. Ortiz was doing ok before he lost the plot and I reckon he was going to cause PBF problems although I believe Mayweather would have won anyway if the fight had continued.

PBF is only human too, he has definitely started to show his age, barely noticeable but it is still showing. Cotto has to hurt Mayweather early to get his respect and make him think twice about attacking. Mayweather is ruthless when he knows he can land at will, who remembers the Gatti fight?

Of course Mayweather is the favourite but Cotto is a strong tough fighter. He is not so slow that Mayweather can be reckless, he can take a lot of punishment and doesn't know when he is beaten.

Mayweather is not stupid and he takes the right fights at the right time but I see a long hard fight for him.

The majority of the greatest fighters have all lost at some point, greater fighters than the pretty boy. Don't be shocked if you see an upset.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd has stamina, and he might also be extremely durable his skills have prevented as from having to find out and I think that it'll be the same here. As I said before I think floyd takes this something like 9 to 3 or maybe late stopage. As I said before I really think cotto is damaged goods and has been for a while.

El Kabong Guest

Floyd has stamina, and he might also be extremely durable his skills have prevented as from having to find out and I think that it'll be the same here. As I said before I think floyd takes this something like 9 to 3 or maybe late stopage. As I said before I really think cotto is damaged goods and has been for a while.
    Floyd does have stamina and his defense is awesome, but we don't know if he can take consistent punishment from a guy who will be there for at least 9 rounds. Miguel Cotto can win rounds, and if he can rough Floyd up then we may have an upset on our hands.

Remember when Bernard Hopkins was seemingly untouchable at 160? That's the way I see Floyd. Their strengths in defense, getting their opponents to fight the way they want to fight, and sneaky power/stamina really casts an aura of invincibility over them. But time stands still for no one and although Floyd is faster, has a bit of an advantage in reach & height, and is a more skilled pure boxer, Miguel Cotto is a big boy and will weigh close to 165 (ballpark guess) if not more come fight night will have an edge on power, and unlike most of Floyd's other opponents Cotto can switch up to southpaw and be just as effective.

What I'm saying is, no matter how great Floyd looks right now Miguel Cotto is a very live underdog who fights with a lot of heart and will give 100% out there in the ring. For the first time in a while Floyd will have to EARN a win and that right there is good for boxing. The fact that Alvarez could lose to Mosely on the undercard makes this a night of boxing I refuse to miss out on.

Win or lose for Cotto May 5th is going to be a great night of boxing!

Thread Information