Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Seth 'Mayhem' Mitchell

He showed heart, getting hurt is a learning experience in itself, he won't be in new territory if he gets hurt again. I liked his bodywork!

He's exciting. I think another 2 or 3 fights with guys around this level will do him good
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marciano was a baseball player before he went to boxing. It simply takes time for the fighters to reach the level that you want them at. It's not like Mitchell didn't do a good job in the ring Saturday night.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's an entertaining fighter that's for sure. Seems like a genuinely nice guy so I wish him all the best. But if I'm being honest here...he doesn't beat any of the top guys in the division. I thought that before the Witherspoon fight. Never understood the hype he got for beating Timur Ibragimov. I guess he deserves some credit for being the first person to stop him but Timur himself never beat anybody of note.

From an American point of view I'd rank Seth somewhere in the 5-10 range. I'd pick Chambers, Arreola, Thompson and Johnson all to beat him. There are a few wildcards like M Scott or T Walker that could spring an upset.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Deontay Wilder is just 26 and has a frame he can build on, but I just don't know, he's so tall and lanky I just have trouble trusting he'll have a decent enough chin (although, get trained by Manny Steward and it won't end up being an issue).

I think Joe Hanks is the best all around boxer between Mitchell, Hanks, & Wilder.....he has solid power, he seems more fluid in the ring and I think he just looks more like a boxer the way he carries himself in the ring, he seems natural at what he does. Joe is already 29 and if he doesn't jump on it he's not going to progress quickly enough to make an impact on the division.

'Monk' Foreman is already 29 and at 15(14 KO)-0-0 I don't know what he's doing...he's fighting nobodies and I guess building up experience having not been an amateur.

There are some younger guys out there, but I have trouble believing these young guys like Alexander Flores 21 years of age will stay on the right path and build a great record & get title shots & win them.

The main problem for American heavyweights is the lack of a challenge out there for them. That AND their managers & promoters simply don't want to challenge their fighters and IMO that hurts the sport and their own fighters.
    Neither does his team. It's the reason he's being moved at such a snail pace

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seth is too hittable at two low a level to take seriously.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    He's an entertaining fighter that's for sure. Seems like a genuinely nice guy so I wish him all the best. But if I'm being honest here...he doesn't beat any of the top guys in the division. I thought that before the Witherspoon fight. Never understood the hype he got for beating Timur Ibragimov. I guess he deserves some credit for being the first person to stop him but Timur himself never beat anybody of note.

From an American point of view I'd rank Seth somewhere in the 5-10 range. I'd pick Chambers, Arreola, Thompson and Johnson all to beat him. There are a few wildcards like M Scott or T Walker that could spring an upset.
    Not that I'm a Mitchell fan but I could also see him potentially winning all those
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post

Walker can't take a glancing blow any more without going down. I see him going out in a highlight reel knock out if they ever fought. And Scott can't punch to save his life. Mitchell would walk right through him

Thread Information