Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Cotto vs. Floyd Jr. & "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Mosley - Saturday night fight thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs. Floyd Jr. & "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Mosley - Saturday night fight thread

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I have it 4-2 Cotto. Am I nuts?
    yes you are. i had it 9-3 for mayweather hes just on another level to any boxer out there.
    That was after 6 rounds and I had it the same at that stage.
    after six i had it 5-1
    You were like the commentators, only seeing Floyd's work, even when he missed with punches or they were blocked.
    I had to mute the sound way before the main event started, HBO is just plain annoying, and Manny Steward has turned into a blithering idiot. It just seemed like every time Floyd threw a punch, whether it missed or hit Cotto on the gloves it was counted by their punch stats. It was like Cotto wasn't even there.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 05-07-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs. Floyd Jr. & "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Mosley - Saturday night fight thread

yes you are. i had it 9-3 for mayweather hes just on another level to any boxer out there.
    after six i had it 5-1
    You were like the commentators, only seeing Floyd's work, even when he missed with punches or they were blocked.
    yea i think thats the reason there commentators, they usually know what there talking about.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

after six i had it 5-1
    You were like the commentators, only seeing Floyd's work, even when he missed with
    punches or they were blocked.
    yea i think thats the reason there commentators, they usually know what there talking about.
    You forgot this guy > < because you must be joking if your talking about House-Boxer-Only and it's fairness in fight calling.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You had the same score as my brother then, who also ended up with a draw.

I had it 3-3 after six, BUT this is because I consciously scored a close round for Mayweather when I would have normally scored it for Cotto, taking into account that the judges would most likely see it for Mayweather in that round.

Nevermind that the judges saw nearly EVERY SINGLE ROUND for Mayweather, as did Letterman, Jim and Larry.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't exactly want Cotto to win but I found myself being disappointed by Cotto's efforts AFTER his best round of the fight (and more importantly, the round that he did almost everything I said he should ).

And where was the southpaw Cotto at his right hand connection rate was poor as fuck but you could see he wanted it to be a big part of his arsenal... Just turn your feet around ffs!

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I didn't exactly want Cotto to win but I found myself being disappointed by Cotto's efforts AFTER his best round of the fight (and more importantly, the round that he did almost everything I said he should ).

And where was the southpaw Cotto at his right hand connection rate was poor as fuck but you could see he wanted it to be a big part of his arsenal... Just turn your feet around ffs!
    He was doing well in the orthodox stance, he did not get hit that much with Floyd's right hand, going southpaw may have confused him more that Floyd. Cotto jab was working and left hooks, no need to change stance.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, the good news to me out of all of this is that my casual boxing friends enjoyed every fight on that card except for Forbes/Vargas. Which means they are more inclined to watch again.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was doing well in the orthodox stance, he did not get hit that much with Floyd's right hand, going southpaw may have confused him more that Floyd. Cotto jab was working and left hooks, no need to change stance.
    He was doing very well but it wasn't enough. He wasn't dynamic enough. I mean its easily said but so is "you have to use your jab, you have to force Floyd to come to you" but for a good period of time Cotto was doing the right things.

The right hand was missing a lot and the one thing you don't want to be doing against Floyd is wasting shots and getting frustrated. Luckily Cotto didn't get frustrated because he had an excellent jab that he could go back to but those extended periods where Cotto fell into the trap of wailing away at Mayweather on the ropes where no good because NO orthodox fighter can get the right kind of leverage against Floyd.

It wouldn't of confused Cotto to turn his feet around. Im sure he has done it enough times before.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was doing very well but it wasn't enough. He wasn't dynamic enough. I mean its easily said but so is "you have to use your jab, you have to force Floyd to come to you" but for a good period of time Cotto was doing the right things.

The right hand was missing a lot and the one thing you don't want to be doing against Floyd is wasting shots and getting frustrated. Luckily Cotto didn't get frustrated because he had an excellent jab that he could go back to but those extended periods where Cotto fell into the trap of wailing away at Mayweather on the ropes where no good because NO orthodox fighter can get the right kind of leverage against Floyd.

It wouldn't of confused Cotto to turn his feet around. Im sure he has done it enough times before.
    You are right about one thing, that is cotto has no right hand, like JMM kept on catching Floyd with.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Cotto did about the best he could, Mayweather is hard to hit with clean, hard punches, which is his signature, hit and not be hit, he does that to perfection. I've never enjoyed watching Mayweather's fights because, i'm not a fan of his style, apparently i'm in a minority because if you're earning $32 mil + for your fights, some body must like you.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    I thought Cotto did about the best he could, Mayweather is hard to hit with clean, hard punches, which is his signature, hit and not be hit, he does that to perfection. I've never enjoyed watching Mayweather's fights because, i'm not a fan of his style, apparently i'm in a minority because if you're earning $32 mil + for your fights, some body must like you.
    Or they hate you and want to see you get beat.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Or they hate you and want to see you get beat.
    Could be, in any event, love him or hate him, you've got to admit he puts butts in the seats. I honestly don't get it, the only reason I had any interest in Satuday's fight was to see if my boy Cotto could pull off the upset, I should have known better.

P.S. I also thought Mosley was going to do better then he did and should have known better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After watching the fight a second time, I've changed my original verdict. It was a school day for Cotto where he got an A for effort.
    "A liar can turn truth into lies. Weakness can turn pain into hurt."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nearly a week since the last post, so I'm gonna wash the sticky away from this one.

Thread Information