Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who does Floyd have left to fight since he will forever run from Manny?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who does Floyd have left to fight since he will forever run from Manny?

I'm wondering who else Floyd is going to fight since he keeps making up excuses not to get owned by Manny "he won't take a drug test, oh wait he will, i want the bulk of the purse, oh, it's a health risk", which is a roundabout way of saying "i'm going to get my ass kicked" Floyd Mayweather -- It's 'basic common sense' that Manny Pacquiao uses performance-enhancing drugs - ESPN anyway, so who's next for Floyd after he beats Pacs leftovers? Canelo? Martinez? Who? Personally, I think he'll run screaming from Martinez almost as fast as he did from Manny and Margarito. But I'm interested to hear what others think.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who does Floyd have left to fight since he will forever run from Manny?

mayweather doesn't need pac. he's made and continues to make lotsa money. he's the best boxer currentlyt in the game. he would beat every and any reasonable opponent placed in front of him. martinez or margarito.

pac doesn't need mayweather either. he should be rich. he's a politician, actor singer, good will ambassador.

they are both future hall of fame fighters. it really doesn't matter if they fight anymore. and it's becoming even less relevant the longer they wait to fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who does Floyd have left to fight since he will forever run from Manny?

Boxing needs Floyd to fight Pac, it's the sport of boxing that needs it more than anything else. We should be talking about fight 2 by now, yet we are no closer to fight 1 happening and that is the shame of it all.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Boxing needs Floyd to fight Pac, it's the sport of boxing that needs it more than anything else. We should be talking about fight 2 by now, yet we are no closer to fight 1 happening and that is the shame of it all.
    boxing needs all the top fighters in each weight division to stop being total pussies and start fighting each other. a loss isn't something to be ashamed of. it shows you took on the best and continued to grow.

title holders should only fight guys in the top 5 ever. #1's fighting #12's for titles is embarrassing!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao would be the one getting his ass kicked, but I also doubt the fight will happen. Mayweather won't give him a 50/50 split which I can kind of understand, but it seems Manny doesn't. I think a fight with Martinez is the only other great matchup out there plus it would give him a crack at the middleweight crown which makes it really lucrative for Floyd. One would expect Sergio to take almost anything substantial to make that happen as well, it should be easy to negotiate and all.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    boxing needs all the top fighters in each weight division to stop being total pussies and start fighting each other. a loss isn't something to be ashamed of. it shows you took on the best and continued to grow.

title holders should only fight guys in the top 5 ever. #1's fighting #12's for titles is embarrassing!
    It has nothing to do with the fighters in most cases, it's the sanctioning bodies along with the fans who actually pay (as in not me) that dictate what career paths bring the best dividends. Every boxer worth their salt wants to maximize their earning potential in the long run, it's merely a coincidence if that is by way of fighting the best opposition. Guys like Carl Froch are indeed a breath of fresh air, but it's not like he's been turning down easy pay days to instead fight all of the best guys out there

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

riiiight... the fighters are just a pawn in the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree, something has gone missing in recent years. The 80's was a golden age as you had Hagler, Leonard, Duran, Benitez and Hearns all fighting each other. Pryor took on Arguello, Sanchez had already fought Gomez and Nelson by the time of his death, i am certain he would've fought Nelson again. We had a surge in the 90's with DLH taking on Chavez, Whitaker, Mosley and Trinidad (you can't accuse the golden boy of ducking anyone) These days it appears just a little more difficult to get organised?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm hoping Floyd break that great fighter record that retired undefeated at 49-0. ROCKY something!!! Which means my list will consist of Floyd's next 8 opponents

Cotto 43
    Bradley 44
    Berto 45
    Khan 46
    Ortiz rematch 47
    Kirkland 48
    Martinez 49
    Saul 49-1

Floyd vs Pacman won't happen

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    I'm hoping Floyd break that great fighter record that retired undefeated at 49-0. ROCKY something!!! Which means my list will consist of Floyd's next 8 opponents

Cotto 43
    Bradley 44
    Berto 45
    Khan 46
    Ortiz rematch 47
    Kirkland 48
    Martinez 49
    Saul 49-1

Your list is nice but I doubt he fights much longer. Rematch Ortiz? Why....Ortiz sucks major balls. I agree Martinez will beat him but Floyd will either never fight him or wait for Martinez to slide. In fact I think Floyd is on the slide, and hopefully cotto can show that. Cotto may not win but hopefully he can push Floyd. Floyd will either retire or pic fights he know he can win. Did Tyson, Ali, Lenore, Roy and so on pick fights they knew they could win......?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geeze nothing changes around here. Arum bottled the last fight proposed because he wanted to construct an outside arena.. The money split is gamesmanship and WON'T be a real sticking point.
    I laugh cause most of you guys called the Cotto win for PAC a career/ Legacy win. That was a freeze dried catch weight fight. But Floyd moving up to 154 and fighting him at a comfortable weight he gets no credit and raked on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no point just pointing the finger at Floyd. Him and Manny dont want to fight each other. If you dont believe this then you are just a fanboy of one of them. This is one of the reasons why boxing as a sport is such a joke. What kind of sport would tennis be if Nadal and Djokovic were to afraid to play each other dew to fear of losing there status. It would lose loads of fans.
    On the basis of who he can fight other than Cotto it depends what happens next. If Manny loses to Bradley then I would give him a shot. If Canelo beats Mosley then he could have a shot even though he is still a little green. I would rather see Canelo fight Cotto when Floyd beats him. It would be a good test to see if he has a chance against Floyd.
    I would say Khan if he beats Peterson and then beats bradley. He needs these two under his belt to prepare him for Floyd. He could probably match floyd for speed and endurance but technical skill one again Floyd puts him as everyone to shame.
    And then the most credible challenger for him to fight at the mo would be Martinez. He could box Martinezes head off all night but Martinez always goes for the ko punch in every shot he only needs one to land right and make sure he finishes the job in the same round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mayweather doesn't need pac. he's made and continues to make lotsa money. he's the best boxer currentlyt in the game. he would beat every and any reasonable opponent placed in front of him. martinez or margarito.

pac doesn't need mayweather either. he should be rich. he's a politician, actor singer, good will ambassador.

they are both future hall of fame fighters. it really doesn't matter if they fight anymore. and it's becoming even less relevant the longer they wait to fight.
    IT DOESNT MATTER THAT THEY DONT FACE THERE BIGGEST CHALLENGE IN BOXING WHICH IS EACH OTHER. It may not matter to them with there endless millions but it puts the sport of boxing to shame. The fact that the two best pound for pound fighters that also happen to be in the same devision can avoid each other for years on end is a joke. De we as fans only watch boxing fights to see which boxer can aquire the most money from fighting people that are no where near as good as them. i FOR ONE WATCH BOXING TO SEE THE BEST FIGHTERS FIGHT FOR BOXING GLORY. NOT HOW BIG THERE HOUSE IS OR WHAT THEY HAVE. They should have faced each other years ago when they were fitter and in there primes.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a joke they haven't been able to get this fight on. 2 prima donnas (sp?) at their finest. Neither can truly say they care about the fans because they don't.

Leighton, good point about the other sports..thats why the Super 6 was a great idea because you fight who you're drawn up against. No excuses (even though the tournament unravelled..problem is you can't have the tournament over a few days or weeks in boxing so things will change)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post

Cotto 43
    Bradley 44
    Berto 45
    Khan 46
    Ortiz rematch 47
    Kirkland 48
    Martinez 49
    Saul 49-1

Your list is nice but I doubt he fights much longer. Rematch Ortiz? Why....Ortiz sucks major balls. I agree Martinez will beat him but Floyd will either never fight him or wait for Martinez to slide. In fact I think Floyd is on the slide, and hopefully cotto can show that. Cotto may not win but hopefully he can push Floyd. Floyd will either retire or pic fights he know he can win. Did Tyson, Ali, Lenore, Roy and so on pick fights they knew they could win......?
    You miss understood my list. 1st of all it's a wish list. 2nd, I think Floyd can beat Martinez, Floyd's 49th victory. But I believe Canelo is the one that will beat Floyd. Thus 49-1. Saying all that, if Cotto give Floyd any problems trust and believe one of 2 things will happen. Pacman will step up. Or Floyd will hand pick his next fight and say he needs to get sharp after being in jail. Paulie or someone on that level.

Oh yeah, Saul is at the bottom of the list because he will have to build himself credit back up after losing to Shane this weekend.

Thread Information