Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rhodes vs Rabchenko- both promoted by Hatton but 1 trained by Hatton WTF?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rhodes vs Rabchenko- both promoted by Hatton but 1 trained by Hatton WTF?

Rhodes' promoter Ricky Hatton 'plotting to get him beat' | BoxRecNews

I don't know how well Hatton is doing as a trainer, Who else does he train? I knew he had his trainers licence but don't know of anyone he is actually training.

That's neither here nor there though.

Seems a little strange that Hatton is promoting both Rhodes and Rabchenko but is training Rabchenko for their bout. (is that correct that he promotes them both?)

Might just be me but doesn't seem right, surely as their promoter he should remain neutral and watch from ringside (where i will be sat )

does anyone agree or am I being a bit too sensitive? Seems as though he is leaving himself wide open for criticism from Rhodes camp.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rhodes vs Rabchenko- both promoted by Hatton but 1 trained by Hatton WTF?

To be honest...If I promoted the two of them I'd want Rabchenko to win too. Rabchenko has much more upside/potential than a 35 yr old Rhodes.

Only downside is it might be hard to promote a Belarusian in England. I'm sure it won't matter if he keeps winning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rhodes vs Rabchenko- both promoted by Hatton but 1 trained by Hatton WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan View Post
    To be honest...If I promoted the two of them I'd want Rabchenko to win too. Rabchenko has much more upside/potential than a 35 yr old Rhodes.

Only downside is it might be hard to promote a Belarusian in England. I'm sure it won't matter if he keeps winning.
    Yeah I understand that but my point was surely if he is the promoter of both, he shouldn't be working as the trainer of the 1 of them when they fight. Perhaps it's just me and this is a regular occurrence.

Nothing wrong with him favouring a Rabchenko win,it's business but if he'spromoting both surely he should appear neutral.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is a clear conflict of interest there and if the fight is close Rhodes could criticise Hatton for it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rhodes will win this, he's been in with Alvarez and u don't get much tougher than that

Thread Information