Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Good Work Miguel

For making Floyd bleed and not getting stopped like Floyd was saying. Congrats to Floyd anyways and appreciate his demeanor after the fight.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Good Work Miguel

I dare some both brought out the best in each other. Hats off to both fighters who acted like true champions.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    For making Floyd bleed and not getting stopped like Floyd was saying. Congrats to Floyd anyways and appreciate his demeanor after the fight.
    he gave Floyd his toughest fight in years and both gave a good hard entertaining fight, both guys should get a round of applause

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Yup, that had to be Floyd's toughest fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, I said it all along - This was a good fight on paper and a great fight in action too. Miguel's tactics were fantastic. When he had Floyd on the ropes instead of hooking away like a dynamo, he'd throw the jab in Floyds face. Great fight..both guys digging deep. I had it about 117-111 maybe 116-112. Will have to rewatch for more accurate score.
    Floyd looked beatable tonight. If Canelo develops a little more, I think he takes Floyd.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well my man may not have won, but he gave it his all, and that's all anyone can ask for. He gave Floyd a very tough fight, like I thought he would, and did way better than most people thought he would, so I'm proud of him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think most of us expected Floyd to win easily but that was not the case tonight. Sure, there is no doubt in most of us that Floyd got the win just fine but was it easy? Nope. First time ever that we see blood in Floyd's face. Was just the nose and then it stopped but it shows Miguel was connecting that jab pretty well and some hooks.

Great sportsmanship from both guys. I was surprised to see Floyd admitting that this fight was a hell of a fight and that it has been one of his toughest, if not THE toughest so far.

I am also surprised Miguel didn't want to give an interview .

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    I think most of us expected Floyd to win easily but that was not the case tonight. Sure, there is no doubt in most of us that Floyd got the win just fine but was it easy? Nope. First time ever that we see blood in Floyd's face. Was just the nose and then it stopped but it shows Miguel was connecting that jab pretty well and some hooks.

Great sportsmanship from both guys. I was surprised to see Floyd admitting that this fight was a hell of a fight and that it has been one of his toughest, if not THE toughest so far.

Emanuel Burton busted up Mayweather's nose, infact i think he broke his nose.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am also surprised Miguel didn't want to give an interview :confused:.

I think he took the loss really hard, because it seemed like he thought he had won.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Cotto would have more of a case if Floyd didn't take the last couple of rounds convincingly. Floyd was hitting a lot of air and mostly gloves in the majority of the early rounds. Finishing and closing strongly gave Floyd a definite win but it wasn't an easy one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great fight from Cotto. From both infact. Cotto kept in there for the full 12, stiffing Floyd with that jab, although Mayweather definitely landed the cleaner harder shots for my money. Mayweather actually had to throw a lot more combinations than he has had to lately due to Cotto being so persistent. Over 15, I have a feeling Cotto may have been stopped, tiring at the very end, but a great great fight. Really enjoyed it, alot more competitive than most were making out before the fight and definitely more competitive than the 118 - 110 card.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was so wrong about this fight, Cotto did himself extremely proud and gave so much for Mayweather to deal with. It has to be said that Floyds leggings are nowhere NEAR what they were a few years ago, and as a result we are left with a fighter who takes a lot more chances. I think Floyd was extremely discouraged that he couldn't Miguel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A superb fight by Floyd, the fight was over by round 4, he totally dominated Cotto who didn't actually fight badly, he was just outclassed by a ring tactician. 117-111

The fight went as expected.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First of all it was a good fight,Miguel gave it a good go but Floyd did win the fight I gave it 8-4 to Floyd
    what next for Cotto Canelo may be now that's another great fight.
    Last night showed BOXING is number 1 , that's why I love boxing.!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Emanuel Burton busted up Mayweather's nose, infact i think he broke his nose.
    yeah, and gatti gave him a fat lip, floyd actually bleeds more than most people notice. His nose almost always bleeds. However with all respect to cotto with the exception of the augustus fight, this is the first time floyd's face actually looked as if he'd been in a fight.

Thread Information