Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After last night. Cotto vs Alvarez anyone.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: After last night. Cotto vs Alvarez anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    I dont think mosley looked shot at all. He was throwing punches all the way through the fight and was being hit left, right and center but still managed to get to the end and look reasonably fresh. His opponenent before Alvarez was Pac and unlike Cotto got to the end of the fight.
    The danger I see for Cotto in this fight would be Alvarez waring him down like Margarito did with punches. I think Cotto probably has better technique and definately better defence.
    Who has the power, I would probably say alvarez. They both have good speed.
    I would say over all a good close fight. Possibly leading towards Cotto but would not be suprised either way.
    Overall much more competitive than Cotto Floyd.
    I thought Mosley was shot and this fight would be a slaughter. Although Canelo won it handily, Shane Mosley showed up to fight. I'll eat crow once again. Happens a lot these days.

Canelo looked good. He's got great offense. He puts together great combinations. He's got some beast in him. I like the upside. He'll be kept away from movers for a while, and given his age etc., it's fair.

El Kabong Guest

I've never seen Mosley blasted with so many uppercuts...the punches didn't seem to hurt him terribly but you did see his head snapped back a lot more than usual. I think Canelo needs to bust up some younger guys: Kirkland, Vanes, Trout, Lara.

Also any of you guys that said Cotto was going to get demolished better own up and admit you were wrong.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I've never seen Mosley blasted with so many uppercuts...the punches didn't seem to hurt him terribly but you did see his head snapped back a lot more than usual. I think Canelo needs to bust up some younger guys: Kirkland, Vanes, Trout, Lara.

Also any of you guys that said Cotto was going to get demolished better own up and admit you were wrong.
    I did it in another thread, but I'll do it here too. I was wrong. I thought Cotto was going to be outclassed and would be stopped in the middle-end rounds, which clearly wasn't the case.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

I did it in another thread, but I'll do it here too. I was wrong. I thought Cotto was going to be outclassed and would be stopped in the middle-end rounds, which clearly wasn't the case.
    I must say after the first 2 rounds I was having my doubts, but in round 3 I knew we had ourselves a battle! And I will admit for the first time being really impressed with the way Floyd handled himself, he took some serious body shots, got his nose busted up, and he was in a real FIGHT and he fought like a champion. And better yet after the fight both Cotto & Mayweather showed great respect to one another, that's great for the sport after having seen Haye & Chisora act like fools.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Well he was outclassed.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
    Well he was outclassed.
    I'm not certain you can go that far....now Shane Mosley WAS outclassed vs Floyd because Shane stopped fighting back. Cotto did better than everyone except maybe De la Hoya vs Floyd.

Thread Information