Default Re: What's next for Cotto

[QUOTE=Fenster;1071029][QUOTE=Althugz;1070782][QUOTE=Fenster;1070730]
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Cotto abandoned his fight plan against Pac because he got the fuck beat out of him by a superior fighter. Simple as.

Cotto is a great fighter that put up a great performance against Floyd.

You can give him huge credit without making silly excuses for his previous defeats. Lets keep it real.

This makes no sense. I'd say that he "got the fuck beat out of him" BECAUSE he abandoned his fight plan, not the other way around. And since when can't we speculate on how fighter "X" would've done in a fight under other circumstances? Oh yeah, right..... 'cause it's Cotto, the fighter you love to hate.

Cotto fought a level fight for two rounds, got seriously hurt and knocked down in the 3rd, got seriously hurt and knocked down in the 4th, then fought the rest of the fight completely on the defensive trying to survive, before finally being saved from the torture.

Pac beat the shit out of Cotto. Floyd boxed the shit out of Cotto. He did well in both fights.

No excuses needed. Fact.
    How is stating a fact being "selective?"

If you want to add to my fact that's entirely up to you.

Cotto agreed to the catchweight. If fighting at 145 was such a major handicap he should have refused. He didn't. It's impossible to prove he lost because of the weight. That is purely opinion.

What we do know for certain though is - Pac beat the shit out of him. Fact.
    I already gave you an example of how you were being selective so I'm not going to repeat myself. You stated "a" fact but chose to omit others. Hence you were selective (Hopefully you now understand the word "selective"..you're welcome)

More facts :- Team Pac have been known to say things like "We knew he'd be weaker at xxx lbs"

Or when Mosley wanted to fight Pac before Floyd signed to fight him "We'll only fight you at 142..you're not the same as Oscar"

I like this "Fact" game...do you have any facts for me about why they wanted Miguel again at 145 despite beating the crap out of him last time for the 147 title?

If we have no proof that the weight was the deciding factor, then neither do Team Pac. So it would have made sense, especially now, to rematch Miguel at a comfortable weight and outshine Floyd..also pick up a nice payday and some high ppv numbers.

I have a feeling they know what's up..
    Your interpretation of the word "selective" is a bit odd.

A fact is a fact. Whatever the weight was it will never change the fact Cotto was stopped by Pac. And that is the only fact I am reporting.

I honestly have no idea whether Cotto got the shit beat out of him because of the weight. That's impossible to prove. Even if Cotto beat Pac at 154 it still wouldn't prove it. There are a multitude of excuses available to fighters for every contest.

I'm not interested in excuses.

No Fenster.... of course you're not interested in excuses. Not unless they serve YOUR agenda, of course.

"Congratulations David Haye. Magnificent effort. Fact."
    The "experts" predicted an easy KO for Wlad. He would take Haye "whenever he felt like it"

Instead we saw SIZE determine the outcome.

A good big man beats a good little man.

Well done Wlad.

Of course, you already had no credibility to begin with.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=TitoFan;1071035][QUOTE=Fenster;1071029][QUOTE=Althugz;1070782]
    Cotto abandoned his fight plan against Pac because he got the fuck beat out of him by a superior fighter. Simple as.

You can give him huge credit without making silly excuses for his previous defeats. Lets keep it real.

This makes no sense. I'd say that he "got the fuck beat out of him" BECAUSE he abandoned his fight plan, not the other way around. And since when can't we speculate on how fighter "X" would've done in a fight under other circumstances? Oh yeah, right..... 'cause it's Cotto, the fighter you love to hate.

Cotto fought a level fight for two rounds, got seriously hurt and knocked down in the 3rd, got seriously hurt and knocked down in the 4th, then fought the rest of the fight completely on the defensive trying to survive, before finally being saved from the torture.

Pac beat the shit out of Cotto. Floyd boxed the shit out of Cotto. He did well in both fights.

No excuses needed. Fact.

Cotto agreed to the catchweight. If fighting at 145 was such a major handicap he should have refused. He didn't. It's impossible to prove he lost because of the weight. That is purely opinion.

I already gave you an example of how you were being selective so I'm not going to repeat myself. You stated "a" fact but chose to omit others. Hence you were selective (Hopefully you now understand the word "selective"..you're welcome)

More facts :- Team Pac have been known to say things like "We knew he'd be weaker at xxx lbs"

Or when Mosley wanted to fight Pac before Floyd signed to fight him "We'll only fight you at 142..you're not the same as Oscar"

I like this "Fact" game...do you have any facts for me about why they wanted Miguel again at 145 despite beating the crap out of him last time for the 147 title?

If we have no proof that the weight was the deciding factor, then neither do Team Pac. So it would have made sense, especially now, to rematch Miguel at a comfortable weight and outshine Floyd..also pick up a nice payday and some high ppv numbers.

A fact is a fact. Whatever the weight was it will never change the fact Cotto was stopped by Pac. And that is the only fact I am reporting.

I honestly have no idea whether Cotto got the shit beat out of him because of the weight. That's impossible to prove. Even if Cotto beat Pac at 154 it still wouldn't prove it. There are a multitude of excuses available to fighters for every contest.

No Fenster.... of course you're not interested in excuses. Not unless they serve YOUR agenda, of course.

The "experts" predicted an easy KO for Wlad. He would take Haye "whenever he felt like it"

Well done Wlad.

Err.. how did I make an excuse?

Wlad the big man, beat Haye the little man. Good big men beating good little men is pretty much the norm.

Although Cotto-Pac is an exception. The little dude beat the shit out of the big dude. Funny how it goes sometimes
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What on earth are you all arguing about?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I'm not arguing about anything.

I've merely stated an unequivocal fact that Cotto lost to Pac.

Some people seem to have taken umbrage with this. I have no idea why. It's like trying to argue they don't don't need oyxgen to breathe. Weird.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I'm not arguing about anything.

I've merely stated an unequivocal fact that Cotto lost to Pac.

Some people seem to have taken umbrage with this. I have no idea why. It's like trying to argue they don't don't need oyxgen to breathe. Weird.
    No, it's just funny.

I watched Once upon a time in the West yesterday. Nice film. I enjoyed that.

Please continue!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Fenster;1071045][QUOTE=TitoFan;1071035][QUOTE=Fenster;1071029]

No excuses needed. Fact.

Well done Wlad.

Err.. how did I make an excuse?

Wlad the big man, beat Haye the little man. Good big men beating good little men is pretty much the norm.

Although Cotto-Pac is an exception. The little dude beat the shit out of the big dude. Funny how it goes sometimes

"Instead we saw SIZE determine the outcome." = excuse

Carry on.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I say Cotto should call out Pacquiao again but only to see if Pac is willing to fight at 154.

Given the changing perception of Cotto as a fighter it would be a popular fight and very easy to sell plus Pacquiao really should believe that the extra weight on Cotto is no problem.

Of course it should be no problem. Didn't Pacquiao fight Margarito, who's a naturally bigger guy than Cotto? I'm sure Margarito rehydrated back to at least 165 by fight time. Cotto wouldn't carry that much weight into the ring, even if he weighed in at 154.
    I'm pretty sure that after Pacquiao was hurt by a body shot landed by Margarito, Pacquiao's team have made the decision to remain at 147 for fights. If I'm not mistaken, this was why a second fight with Cotto was not made, and it'll continue to be the reason why a future fight with Cotto won't be made.

It's just my opinion but I don't think the weight was the issue with Cotto in his loss to Pacquiao. To me, Cotto is a tiny junior middleweight. I actually thought he was just an average-sized welterweight, definitely not a big one. He began his career below 140, and fought most of his fights at 140 or below. He was a beast at 140, a semi-beast at 147, but not so much a beast at 154. There's a reason why he fought bruisers at 140 and 147 and then at 154 fought Yuri Foreman, 38-year old Mayorga (unranked), and damaged Margarito (unranked), prior to his fight with Floyd, who is really a welterweight. He fights at 154 because it's easier for him to make weight, not because he's more effective there. With a proper nutritionist, not the fat guy in their camp, he should be fighting at 147 in my opinion.

Moreover, he fought Clottey at 146 in the previous fight, and looked fine, albeit Clottey wasn't an easy opponent.

Of course it's all theory, who knows the real reason he lost. It was probably a combination of things, including the lack of a good coach. It's entirely possible. On the other hand, it could also be a difference in stamina. There's no way to know as there are a host of reasons of things that could have contributed to his loss.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 05-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: What's next for Cotto

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    I say Cotto should call out Pacquiao again but only to see if Pac is willing to fight at 154.

Given the changing perception of Cotto as a fighter it would be a popular fight and very easy to sell plus Pacquiao really should believe that the extra weight on Cotto is no problem.

Of course it should be no problem. Didn't Pacquiao fight Margarito, who's a naturally bigger guy than Cotto? I'm sure Margarito rehydrated back to at least 165 by fight time. Cotto wouldn't carry that much weight into the ring, even if he weighed in at 154.
    I'm pretty sure that after Pacquiao was hurt by a body shot landed by Margarito, Pacquiao's team have made the decision to remain at 147 for fights. If I'm not mistaken, this was why a second fight with Cotto was not made, and it'll continue to be the reason why a future fight with Cotto won't be made.

It's just my opinion but I don't think the weight was the issue with Cotto in his loss to Pacquiao. To me, Cotto is a tiny junior middleweight. I actually thought he was just an average-sized welterweight, definitely not a big one. He began his career below 140, and fought most of his fights at 140 or below. He was a beast at 140, a semi-beast at 147, but not so much a beast at 154. There's a reason why he fought bruisers at 140 and 147 and then at 154 fought Yuri Foreman, 38-year old Mayorga (unranked), and damaged Margarito (unranked), prior to his fight with Floyd, who is really a welterweight. He fights at 154 because it's easier for him to make weight, not because he's more effective there. With a proper nutritionist, not the fat guy in their camp, he should be fighting at 147 in my opinion.

Moreover, he fought Clottey at 146 in the previous fight, and looked fine, albeit Clottey wasn't an easy opponent.

Of course it's all theory, who knows the real reason he lost. It was probably a combination of things, including the lack of a good coach. It's entirely possible. On the other hand, it could also be a difference in stamina. There's no way to know as there are a host of reasons of things that could have contributed to his loss.
    Yup, the poor coaching is the most factual but the weight drain aspect of it is pure rubbish. As if Cotto was a big welter.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Thread Information